Miami Dolphins' Will Allen, Greg Camarillo united in competition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Will Allen, Greg Camarillo united in competition

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
For the past nine seasons, Dolphins cornerback Will Allen has always been in front. He had the pedigree from the beginning, a first-round stud out of Syracuse in 2001 with nothing but the future ahead of him.
Dolphins wide receiver Greg Camarillo followed a different path. He was undrafted, unheralded and at first, unwanted. One heroic catch in 2007 catapulted a career that has turned solid and reliable.
They play opposite positions. They took opposite career paths. They have nothing in common. Except for this: Two of the Dolphins' most-tenured veterans now find themselves in a training camp battle to keep youth from taking over.
``Who cares if I started for nine years?'' Allen says. ``It's always a competition.''
``I've never began a camp as a starter,'' Camarillo says. ``They'll give everybody a fair shake.''
With two different sets of circumstances, Camarillo and Allen are in interesting places in their careers. They aren't too old, and they don't lack production. But if they want their starting jobs back, they must still prove superior to a rising crop of young players.
Wide receiver Brian Hartline is now running with the starters while cornerbacks Sean Smith and Vontae Davis have spent the first four days of camp with the first-team defense.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/...illo-united-in-competition.html#ixzz0vViGE9Rm

Love Cam and Will is a nice vet to have, but for the love of god let the young guns play. Both Davis & Hartline are ahead of these two. With that said I still appreciate both Cam and Will

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/...illo-united-in-competition.html#ixzz0vViGE9Rm

Love Cam and Will is a nice vet to have, but for the love of god let the young guns play. Both Davis & Hartline are ahead of these two. With that said I still appreciate both Cam and Will

Davis will of course be ahead of Will Allen, but Sean Smith needs to get his head out of his butt. His play last year lacked confidence, resulting in passes getting thrown pretty much through him, and I see no reason to deal with more of the same if Allen shows that he is capable of starting AND Smith doesn't show that he has put his struggles from last year behind him and is ready to be pro-active and not reactive.

Davis will of course be ahead of Will Allen, but Sean Smith needs to get his head out of his butt. His play last year lacked confidence, resulting in passes getting thrown pretty much through him, and I see no reason to deal with more of the same if Allen shows that he is capable of starting AND Smith doesn't show that he has put his struggles from last year behind him and is ready to be pro-active and not reactive.
Smith really needs to put the things he did last year behind him. I think the two that will start will be Davis and Allen. I like Smith, but he needs to improve if he wants to start.

I watched every game last year and I view Sean Smith so differently than 90% of the people on this board.

I watched every game last year and I view Sean Smith so differently than 90% of the people on this board.

How do you view him? Smith right now seems more like a 50:50 thing on this board to me...I guess lately the skeptics are more vocal.

Back
Top Bottom