Miami Dolphins Will Get Leadership From Gore, Amendola, But This Must Happen First | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Will Get Leadership From Gore, Amendola, But This Must Happen First

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article209038804.html

The plan sounds easy enough for the Miami Dolphins: Add veterans with a long list of accomplishments and enviable reputations to improve the team and its culture.

Add these players and reap the benefits, including the much-needed leadership help coach Adam Gase has talked about wanting this offseason.

But what sounds like a cold business transaction of signing a player and instantly getting leadership in return is a bit more complex than it seems.

The problem is, you should of drafted one (leader) by now. Some vet should have surfaced by now, you would think.

Which circles back around to my belief this franchise lacks any real depth, no foundation or identity.

With all the other crap that's gone on this off season, I had forgotten a little about Amendola replacing Landry, until I was watching some show somewhere and they flash his regular season stats on the screen... sigh.

Leaders emerge. As the team plays and gels together certain guys will step up to a leadership role.

I don't think Amendola replaces Landry. I see him as insurance for parker not balling out again this year

It can happen fast with the right group which is the whole point to the moves we made.

It starts with Gase he is the head of the snake thus leadership starts with him. A assistant coach he hired snorting coke during work certainly does not give credence to the head coach being a leader. I heard all this with Philben etc and his assistant coaches especially on the oline were leaderless also with that Martin affair.

It starts with Gase he is the head of the snake thus leadership starts with him. A assistant coach he hired snorting coke during work certainly does not give credence to the head coach being a leader. I heard all this with Philben etc and his assistant coaches especially on the oline were leaderless also with that Martin affair.
Many, including me think Gase is being a leader by making changes that need to be made.

You don't like the changes so you categorize that as bad leadership. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it but I think it is wrong and your saying the same thing over and again doesn't make it correct.

Last edited:
The problem is, you should of drafted one (leader) by now. Some vet should have surfaced by now, you would think.

Which circles back around to my belief this franchise lacks any real depth, no foundation or identity.
Hence the reason for making changes.

As a Niner.

Doesn't mean squat in 2018 at age 35.
My god can anyone say anything on here without some wise ass response. Of course as a Niner and Colt. He has been a class act and a great player. That's all my comment meant. I didn't say a damn thing about him as a Dolphin. How stupid do you think I am? Of course I know he was brought in as a role player at this stage of his career.

We actually drafted a very strong natural leader last season in the 2nd round - Raekwon McMillan - who had captained the Ohio State Defense and Coach Urban Meyer raved about his leadership. Only problem was Raekwon was lost for the season in the first preseason game. The good news is that Raekwon will be back and we get to see if the leadership transitions to the NFL. I hope and expect that it will.

Back
Top Bottom