Miami Dolphins will regret trusting wallet, not eyes, on Jarvis Landry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins will regret trusting wallet, not eyes, on Jarvis Landry

Pay your own talent to stay after year 4 if they are special. Especially if you are a few million away in getting an agreement done. Landry has a gift, special hands, OBJ hands.......you keep those players......see Welker, Amendola, Edelman far less talents who have made it big for their team(s). Landry is all of them and then some. Just because this organization can't draft, in general, when you get a Jarvis Landry in the building you keep him you don't show him the door. He would be a gimpy Tannehill's best friend. They are NOT a dime a dozen.

But at least with this potential “wrong” you know you are getting and that is pretty damn good production and your best offensive player . . . .and that is what the article is saying.
So long as Landry is the best offensive player, this team is going nowhere, so I couldn’t care less if some other team— in a vastly different position, financially and otherwise— decides to hitch their wagon to his star. This team needs to get drastically better to be consistently competitive— and not just competitive in the sense of sneaking in to the last playoff slot before getting slaughtered in the wildcard game. In order to get better the team needs to ditch the bad contracts that are already signed and avoid handing out new ones.

I mostly agree; forget production, it will be also hard to replicate the passion Landry plays with.

However, my biggest trepidation regards the moron who will be making the trade for him. Aside from trading up to grab Revis, can anyone think of another instance where his team ever got the better end of a "Trader Mike" deal?

Branden Albert? :D

So long as Landry is the best offensive player, this team is going nowhere, so I couldn’t care less if some other team— in a vastly different position, financially and otherwise— decides to hitch their wagon to his star. This team needs to get drastically better to be consistently competitive— and not just competitive in the sense of sneaking in to the last playoff slot before getting slaughtered in the wildcard game. In order to get better the team needs to ditch the bad contracts that are already signed and avoid handing out new ones.

We know damn well that isn‘t going to happen. This team has prayed on bad contracts. THe vast majority of free agents brought in have been cuts that other teams released and Miami tries to turn those guys into something different . . . And the one guy who marginally had a decent season, Andre Branch, we made him a top 12 paid DE

This team will continue to hand out draft picks like candy, foregoing the potential of developing youth for cheap for 4/5 years . . . And when they do develop them they just let them walk away in free agency.

I’d say it’s going to take the Dolphins another decade to draft a receiver as productive and durable over a 4 year period as Juice Landry was.

I love rooting for the Dolphins, but this organization, and the fans who consistently try to justify their poor decisions over and over, deserve the exact results that they get almost every year:

Mediocrity.

We'll see how it plays out. If Miami roles with a Cole Beasley type slot and becomes a contender in the AFC than everybody will be ok with the move. Landry is a very good player and his intangibles will be hard to replace. I personally think you won't see much difference in the team completion %, passing yards, tds. The Dolphins have be in the mid 20's in passing td and could be similar without Landry if they replace him with at least a mid level talent.

Landry’s numbers are deceiving. If we had a above average TE on this team his numbers would be way different. I did not mind Landry but his attitude has started to get obnoxious lately. It’s one thing to play with passion but the other stuff is a bit much. If Landry wants that kind of money he should be able to play in any WR spot but he can not. I think we will be just fine with WR’s on our roster plus if we add a decent TE. It’s time this team stops giving out dumb contracts and fills holes in FA and molds this team through the draft. I want the Pats way of thinking in this is what you are worth if you do not like it we will trade you and get something of value. There also has to be a underlying problem if the team has been trying to trade him since last year.

I agree w the article 100%. Should pay Landry. Our FO sucks.

We'll see how it plays out. If Miami roles with a Cole Beasley type slot and becomes a contender in the AFC than everybody will be ok with the move. Landry is a very good player and his intangibles will be hard to replace. I personally think you won't see much difference in the team completion %, passing yards, tds. The Dolphins have be in the mid 20's in passing td and could be similar without Landry if they replace him with at least a mid level talent.
You can’t really replace those intangibles. Who’s the last WR we had that had them? I’d say Mark Clayton as he had a penchant for making the clutch play at the right time. He and Duper have very similar career numbers but to me Clayton was always way more important to the team due to the above. We haven’t had a WR since until Landry who you would say the same things about.

Landry’s numbers are deceiving. If we had a above average TE on this team his numbers would be way different. I did not mind Landry but his attitude has started to get obnoxious lately. It’s one thing to play with passion but the other stuff is a bit much. If Landry wants that kind of money he should be able to play in any WR spot but he can not. I think we will be just fine with WR’s on our roster plus if we add a decent TE. It’s time this team stops giving out dumb contracts and fills holes in FA and molds this team through the draft. I want the Pats way of thinking in this is what you are worth if you do not like it we will trade you and get something of value. There also has to be a underlying problem if the team has been trying to trade him since last year.

Like Cameron and Thomas.

The two decent guys we had were Clay and Sims . . . 4th round and 6th round draft picks, and very Dolphins like we let them walk LOL

Its a poor thought process to think we can take jettisoned players to replace known production . . . Teams don’t let those guys go. Even that 4th rounder for Quinn . . . Those are building blocks and as we have seen, decent players at the TE position.

Like I said, I know what I am getting from Jarvis . . . These other teams leftovers, including even Robert Quinn . . . I have no faith that those transactions will be successes.

We flaunt this money for these guys like we got it like that and expect the guys who played for us for cheap, and played well, to not be treated the same way.

Its a bad thought process.

What if Jarvis is asking for 15 or 20 million more in guaranteed money than what the Dolphins are offering on a 4 year deal?

What if the annual salary isn't the real problem, it's how much Jarvis wants up front?

Nobody knows these details, but to think an agreement couldn't be reached because of a small discrepancy in annual salary numbers (meaning less than 2 million per year) is probably missing something.

What the hell does "trusting wallet" mean? I mean, seriously. Trust your wallet? Huh?

The dude isn't worth being paid as if he's Julio Jones. It is by definition tying your eyes to your wallet and not paying Hines Ward as if he's Randy Moss.

This is the same conversation we had about Olivier Vernon. Exactly the same. And we were right not to pay Vernon. Where we were wrong is in not drafting a player better than Landry (or Vernon) in the first place, a guy who makes the decision obvious.

We've been doing nothing but trying to replace OV since he left. We're not even close. Money wasted and no continuity. I don't even want to add up the contracts. I would expect much more of the same from this incompetent FO

Same thing for Landry. We'll have another great WR in 6 years

He’s one of those guys you watch play on Sunday and wish was on your team. And he is on our team. Gase made some noise about keeping our own. If they made him a good fair offer and he refuses it, then he will go somewhere else. Being a star on a bottom tier team might not translate if he goes to a team with other worthy receivers who also deserve the ball. But why would those teams want him? He is going to have to go where they need him, which will probably be another bottom tier team. Maybe to a Cleveland where they will soon have a franchise quarterback to work with.

Back
Top Bottom