Miami Dolphins will regret trusting wallet, not eyes, on Jarvis Landry | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins will regret trusting wallet, not eyes, on Jarvis Landry

Should I have added an *opinion* caveat in my post?

Considering Landry would have not had to play a 5th year on his rookie contract and would have actually made about what he’s asking for now when looking at the payout over life of contract versus an extra year for peanuts, yea I think we could have signed him to a $13m extension last year.

We got a 5th year on the cheap for someone who really didn’t need a 5th year to show us who he is. Waste.

You know what, youre right I hate when people say that, Im going to stop.

Who would of thought a few years ago that
guards would demand $50+ million dollar contracts or even
$60 million with Kevin Zeitler. Andrew Norwell has a chance to
destroy that number.

Kinda makes me wonder with these insane contracts
What is Landry's value?

Cracks me up when people want to ignore all of Landry's accomplishments and stats and then point to the LONE stat which was the worst of his career (under Cutler no less) FOR ONE SEASON and use that as a negative to discredit him.

Cracks me up when people want to ignore all of Landry's accomplishments and stats and then point to the LONE stat which was the worst of his career (under Cutler no less) FOR ONE SEASON and use that as a negative to discredit him.

His best was 12.1..

He's a intermediate slot WR that doesn't deserve top outside WR pay..Yes i'm sure teams view them differently.

If Landry has a choice and the money ends up being comparable, where he goes may depend on the QB. Can he look at Trubisky, Tannehill/Mayfield, Garappolo, or the next guy in Cleveland and feel better about one over the others.
He has a history with Ryan and Mayfield may be a good qb for him. It may have a bearing on the situation.

At the end of the day, how many wins does an elite slot receiver give you. The answer is not many. Better to utilize those resources elsewhere.

He’s one of those guys you watch play on Sunday and wish was on your team. And he is on our team. Gase made some noise about keeping our own. If they made him a good fair offer and he refuses it, then he will go somewhere else. Being a star on a bottom tier team might not translate if he goes to a team with other worthy receivers who also deserve the ball. But why would those teams want him? He is going to have to go where they need him, which will probably be another bottom tier team. Maybe to a Cleveland where they will soon have a franchise quarterback to work with.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then...

4 facts here to consider
1.We do not resign our own draft pick who excell and the production we know we were going to get goes to another team.
2. Tbum overspends on other teams free agents who under perform for us.
3.Drafts The picks these past 2 years are underperforming for the price we paid. Look at the track record Tunsil disappeared this year our steal, Howard has been hurt, Tankersley got hurt, Harris did nothing special last year, Drake has played 6 games as a starter, Caroo is still on the bench, McMillian hurt. Those are the last 2 years picks taken in the first 3 rounds.
4. Gases ego overides his judgement. He may be able to call a good game, its takes good healthy players to win em.

4 facts here to consider
1.We do not resign our own draft pick who excell and the production we know we were going to get goes to another team.
2. Tbum overspends on other teams free agents who under perform for us.
3.Drafts The picks these past 2 years are underperforming for the price we paid. Look at the track record Tunsil disappeared this year our steal, Howard has been hurt, Tankersley got hurt, Harris did nothing special last year, Drake has played 6 games as a starter, Caroo is still on the bench, McMillian hurt. Those are the last 2 years picks taken in the first 3 rounds.
4. Gases ego overides his judgement. He may be able to call a good game, its takes good healthy players to win em.
all valid...

Back
Top Bottom