Miami Dolphins ‘won’t Have A Shot’ This Year If This Flaw Isn’t Fixed, Flores Says | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins ‘won’t Have A Shot’ This Year If This Flaw Isn’t Fixed, Flores Says

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
More often than not, things are really not as bad as they seem in the moment.

That was not the case when Brian Flores reviewed tape of his defense from Thursday night’s preseason game.

In fact, just the opposite.

“I think the tackling was something I talked about after the game and it’s something I definitely reiterated to the team, that we have to do a better job defensively and in the kicking game from a tackling standpoint,” Flores said during a conference call with reporters Saturday.

“We won’t have a shot, we won’t give ourselves a chance if we don’t do a better job there. That’s something that I mentioned that’s not good. I would say it was probably worse than i thought.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article233744152.html

Looks like a 3 and 13 team

Will that be enough or will we finish brides maid again?

I’m sure wondering where this edge pass rush is gonna come from lol

Schemes or something.

I mean I feel like tackling tends to improve throughout the preseason for most teams. It was bad vs. ATL but it also should get better.

The biggest flaw is the utter lack of talent across both lines.

Tunsil is a premier player, Wilkins will be a solid DT and even if I throw Godchuax in as a potential win option . . . We just completely lack the talent LG to RT and at DE.

The scheme on defense will have to be a black magic from Flores and Graham to really be effective and we need to pray for health on the OLine just to prevent being an utter train wreck.

They need more than tackling. They need an elite level scheme to offset a blatant lack of talent at critical win positions.

And that’s not even the qb play.

It looks like the least talented edge and o line talent in football.

Saw nothing different. And that depth boundary corner play I mean wtf?

Eric Rowe better ball out or they better move minkah out there.

Hard to gauge depth off ball lb play in that one but it didn’t look good either. Will give that a game or two.

It looks like the least talented edge and o line talent in football.

Saw nothing different. And that depth boundary corner play I mean wtf?

Eric Rowe better ball out or they better move minkah out there.

Hard to gauge depth off ball lb play in that one but it didn’t look good either. Will give that a game or two.
Schemes huh? Didn’t know we picked that guy up this offseason

We have decent or great DL players for years going back to JJs years.
Its all gone. None of our current DL players make my toes tingle.

Looks like a 3 and 13 team

Will that be enough or will we finish brides maid again?

I’m sure wondering where this edge pass rush is gonna come from lol
Charles Harris started and plated nearly two quarters. His name was not mentioned once.

I mean I feel like tackling tends to improve throughout the preseason for most teams. It was bad vs. ATL but it also should get better.

The biggest flaw is the utter lack of talent across both lines.

Tunsil is a premier player, Wilkins will be a solid DT and even if I throw Godchuax in as a potential win option . . . We just completely lack the talent LG to RT and at DE.

The scheme on defense will have to be a black magic from Flores and Graham to really be effective and we need to pray for health on the OLine just to prevent being an utter train wreck.

Way I see it as well...

Back
Top Bottom