Miami Dolphins ‘won’t Have A Shot’ This Year If This Flaw Isn’t Fixed, Flores Says | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins ‘won’t Have A Shot’ This Year If This Flaw Isn’t Fixed, Flores Says

I never said that. I just said that the decision makers of this organization are the same, and to think that anything on the field has been fixed is naïve. They had a chance to address the woeful mess they have on the offensive line in the first round this past draft but decided that defensive tackle was more of a priority. It just make much sense to me to be worrying about building your defense when your offense is in such dire straits. They knew the offensive line lacked talent across the board, and they needed to bring in a young QB. Why would you want to put your young QB in such a situation?
Well, if you were in the "move down" camp, I can see the thought process, but that requires a willing trade partner.

Personally, I wanted a pass rusher at our spot, but there is no way I spent a top half, rd1 pick on an Olineman, other that a LT, which we didn't need.

We could have used our 2nd, I suppose, but that is irrelevant as it pertains to out first round DT pick.

Miamis got serious talent deficiencies relative to the rest of the league. That’s obvious as the day is long watching these other teams pre season openers.

Really like San Diego. Whoof. They need off ball lb health and rivers health. They got everything else

Miamis got serious talent deficiencies relative to the rest of the league. That’s obvious as the day is long watching these other teams pre season openers.

Really like San Diego. Whoof. They need off ball lb health and rivers health. They got everything else
To the rest of the league? C'mon hoops. You obviously didn't watch all games.

To the rest of the league? C'mon hoops. You obviously didn't watch all games.

I’ve watched 4 and outside of Washington I haven’t seen anything on miamis level. And that o line when all hands are on deck is miles better than miamis.

San Diego though anything less than afc champ game is underachieving and I’d say not acceptable

Well, if you were in the "move down" camp, I can see the thought process, but that requires a willing trade partner.

Personally, I wanted a pass rusher at our spot, but there is no way I spent a top half, rd1 pick on an Olineman, other that a LT, which we didn't need.

We could have used our 2nd, I suppose, but that is irrelevant as it pertains to out first round DT pick.
I was in the move down camp. I'm all for matching value and position as far as draft picks go. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find a trade partner. And who says the defensive tackle position is a more valuable position pick than a guard, center, or right tackle in the top half of the first round? Pass rusher definitely would be a value pick in the top half of the first round, but a defensive tackle? I just don't believe the DT position to have more value than an offensive lineman. I can make a strong case that an offensive lineman has more value because it's harder to build a cohesive line and an overall offense than it is to build a defense. Not to mention this team knew they would have to develop and evaluate a young QB at some point and now they will have to do this with a train wreck of an offensive line.

I’ve watched 4 and outside of Washington I haven’t seen anything on miamis level. And that o line when all hands are on deck is miles better than miamis.

San Diego though anything less than afc champ game is underachieving and I’d say not acceptable
We lack some talent of course but 4 games is not the rest of the league. We need another year or two of solid drafts.

Put it this way. It’s really really hard for me to able to see scheme on offense and defense and o line ask even being able to overcome our talent level.

Not to mention we have dirt depth. Late round and udfa guys who not surprisingly play like it.

Put it this way. It’s really really hard for me to able to see scheme on offense and defense and o line ask even being able to overcome our talent level.

Not to mention we have dirt depth. Late round and udfa guys who not surprisingly play like it.
Scheme will get us only so far but maybe solid coaching will keep us somewhat competitive.

Scheme will get us only so far but maybe solid coaching will keep us somewhat competitive.

I’m combining scheme and coaching because without the coaching they can’t execute it at a consistent ask.

We need guys to play way above their heads to offset talent deficiency. This team isn’t very talented relative to the league.

With the team trading for Rosen and potentially drafting a QB in 2020, the staff better have a real plan at OL. Miami has always done a poor job of maximizing its major investments. Rosen wasn't a major investment in terms of what the team spent, but he offers the potential reward of a major investment. As well as Dillard and Lindstrom have played in Philly and Atlanta, and given their elite physical tools, it's hard to imagine the thought process that led the FO to say, "Nah, we'll figure out OL later. Let's get a DT."

Both Dillard and Lindstrom projected as high-floor/high-ceiling linemen, who could start and play well from Day 1. Lindstrom will be the starter Week 1, and all reports indicate that Dillard will be ready if Peters goes down. Dillard and Lindstrom were the best pass protectors at their respective positions, and their athleticism should see them develop into dangerous run blockers.

Most importantly, both directly benefit the QB and playcaller. Wilkins is a nice player. I'm glad he's on the team. I'm not glad that Miami drafted him over two better players.

I’m watching this game now and Dillard’s only playing left tackle which is exactly what I thought he’d be in the pros. He’s the soon to be replacement for Jason Peters but miamis got its left tackle for the next decade already barring injury in Laremy tunsil. Which is why I never bought into it.

If he plays some right tackle let me know cause I’d like to see it and I don’t think he’s gonna fare well. Left tackle only imo

Wow... For me it's reality check time.

OL is the biggest riddle in the NFL -- and I also watched a few other preseason games and

SURPRISE saw some pretty pathetic OL play. So let's not pretend we're the ONLY team

trying to get that position group right. Beyond that -- as they say in kindergarten

hind sight is 20/20 and of course since we only had one R1 pick we couldn't address

every major need as an R1 priority. Sure. I would have loved to snag Bradbury

Dillard or McCoy etc. but we made our choices -- and I would say knowing full well

our core needs certainly exceed 1 draft. It's a new regime. It's a new era. I wish

come folks would stop acting like they alone have the solution and could easily

(magically) solve all our problems with 3 draft picks!

Second guessing is an easy game. And it's very lopsided until things have a chance to play out.

I’m watching this game now and Dillard’s only playing left tackle which is exactly what I thought he’d be in the pros. He’s the soon to be replacement for Jason Peters but miamis got its left tackle for the next decade already barring injury in Laremy tunsil. Which is why I never bought into it.

If he plays some right tackle let me know cause I’d like to see it and I don’t think he’s gonna fare well. Left tackle only imo

It'd require an injury to Lane Johnson, as well as Peters staying healthy. With his athletic ability and dedication, I don't see him struggling with the move. Even if Miami felt that way, though, they had a massive need at RG, and Chris Lindstrom was available.

It'd require an injury to Lane Johnson, as well as Peters staying healthy. With his athletic ability and dedication, I don't see him struggling with the move. Even if Miami felt that way, though, they had a massive need at RG, and Chris Lindstrom was available.

That kid needs to anchor better if he’s gonna kick over to right side and play better in the run game.

But it looks he’s locked in to be the active 3rd tackle come week 1 which means there’s no guarantee he won’t be thrown in on the right side. I just think the most bang for your money with his comes left side. Anything else less than ideal

Back
Top Bottom