Miami fans getting what they deserved?

Taco John

Rookie
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
I've followed the Jay Fiedler bashing for awhile now, because we went through a lot of the same thing with Brian Griese... Somehow, I've got to believe that the bashers feel like complete heels, but I know better than that.

Are these guys getting what they deserved? They've ruthlessly bashed the guy, holding him to a standard that is just ridiculous for a guy who came out of nowhere. Instead of finding victories in his development from week to week, they've found everything that was wrong with him.

Are Miami fans who bashed Fiedler getting what they deserved?
 

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jan 9, 2002
Messages
30,875
Reaction score
12,570
Location
S Florida/Dolphins Nation
Originally posted by Taco John
I've followed the Jay Fiedler bashing for awhile now, because we went through a lot of the same thing with Brian Griese... Somehow, I've got to believe that the bashers feel like complete heels, but I know better than that.

Are these guys getting what they deserved? They've ruthlessly bashed the guy, holding him to a standard that is just ridiculous for a guy who came out of nowhere. Instead of finding victories in his development from week to week, they've found everything that was wrong with him.

Are Miami fans who bashed Fiedler getting what they deserved?
Unfortunately, yes they do. But I can't get myself to gloat because we are now on a 2 game losing streak and looked pathetic while doing it.

I can tell you that much though. Those who bashed Jay, game in and game out, seem to post less and less and even dissappear. I bet some created quickly new names to not be affiliated with their previous statements.
A few are still there grasping for straws and trying to defned by diverting some of the blame.

Jay's broken thumb gave him his report card for the last 2 years especially for this year. No question mark left. Jay is our QB and the coaching staff made the right decision all along.
 

baccarat

Adam the Quarterback
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
3,534
Reaction score
0
Its sad that it took a two game losing streak to cause some people to realize Fiedler's importance.
 

Baz

Ephemeral
Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
3,525
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Albuquerque, NM
I agree Taco John. Most Miami fans asked for Ray Lucas, well they are getting him. I hope they are satisfied. I, for one, cringed when Jay went down, and I cringe every time Ray goes back to toss the ball. No confidence. Its funny, on that last drive during the Denver game. I wasn't worried at all. I figured if we lost, it would not have been because of a bad throw by Jay, I was completely confident in him. Can't say the same about Ray......
 

Coral Reefer

Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
8,709
Reaction score
2
Location
Tampa
Originally posted by booyeah_
Its sad that it took a two game losing streak to cause some people to realize Fiedler's importance.
Again I'm perplexed on how you guys think Fiedler makes a difference last night.....

Ray drove the team the first half. 2 drives into Pack territory ending in fumbles. A defense that got shredded consistently by Favre and Co. and an O-Line that was useless.

I've seen Jay throw the same type of Pass Ray did in the 3rd.
KC for example. The same people here that said Jay was not at fault for those picks because being down by so many points he had to make something happen are now saying the opposite about Ray. Be consistent guys.

This team fell apart last night and Jay would'nt have made a difference. He certainly could'nt have done any better in the first half.

This team has many other problems that loom larger than at QB.

Hopefully the D can solve their issues and the O-Line will gel together again with the return of Dixon.
 

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
Originally posted by Trekbiz
Again I'm perplexed on how you guys think Fiedler makes a difference last night.....

Ray drove the team the first half. 2 drives into Pack territory ending in fumbles. A defense that got shredded consistently by Favre and Co. and an O-Line that was useless.

I've seen Jay throw the same type of Pass Ray did in the 3rd.
KC for example. The same people here that said Jay was not at fault for those picks because being down by so many points he had to make something happen are now saying the opposite about Ray. Be consistent guys.

This team fell apart last night and Jay would'nt have made a difference. He certainly could'nt have done any better in the first half.

This team has many other problems that loom larger than at QB.

Hopefully the D can solve their issues and the O-Line will gel together again with the return of Dixon.
I agree whole heartedly, but we most likely would have won against Buffalo. Anyway we have to get it together in all phases for the nest 2 weeks. We have 2 easy ones if this team plays well, and right now we are only 1 game off the pace for best in the conference. So, lets hope we put are no found hero in a good postion when he comes back to send the chargers packing.
 

Coral Reefer

Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
8,709
Reaction score
2
Location
Tampa
Originally posted by Dajesus
I agree whole heartedly, but we most likely would have won against Buffalo. Anyway we have to get it together in all phases for the nest 2 weeks. We have 2 easy ones if this team plays well, and right now we are only 1 game off the pace for best in the conference. So, lets hope we put are no found hero in a good postion when he comes back to send the chargers packing.
Buffalo there is no doubt who had the melt down.
You can chalk that up to first game jitters.
In GB he played well enough to win that game with a supporting cast, which he didn't have.

Lucas will play well in NY. Let's hope Dixon is back and the D figures out it's problems.
 

Typ0

Rookie
Joined
Oct 14, 2002
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
What if Lucas can't play? Who is your fourth string QB?
 

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
Originally posted by Typ0
What if Lucas can't play? Who is your fourth string QB?
Lucas is questionable right now, but it will be Dave's descion if he plays or not. Anthing short of paralyzing Ray and he would say he is ready to play the Jets. If Dave doesn't let him play the pecking order goes like this, Sage Rosenfels starts his first game, and Dave Dickinson is the 2nd string QB for the first time in his NFL career. It doesn't look good if that is the hand we are dealt, but everyone else needs to step it up.
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Trek if Jay were in there it would make a heck of a lot of difference. Every throw Ray was making except perhaps 1-2 were ducks. His timing with receivers were horrible and he was hitting the ground at times 2 feet in front of a receiver.

Jay's timing with the receivers is usually decent enough that Jay seems them getting open. There were times were I swear Lucas had to double take just so his mind would accept that he had an open receiver before he would throw.
 

ohall

A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.
Joined
Jan 16, 2002
Messages
29,196
Reaction score
706
Age
50
Location
Orlando, Fl.
2 game losing streak?

... it's just begun, the losing ain't over with yet with Lucas at QB!

Oliver...


Originally posted by booyeah_
Its sad that it took a two game losing streak to cause some people to realize Fiedler's importance.
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Re: 2 game losing streak?

Originally posted by Oliver
... it's just begun, the losing ain't over with yet with Lucas at QB!

Oliver...
I know. We are headed to New York right when the Jets finally have some confidence. Then we face Baltimore which still has a solid defense. It's going to get scary the next couple weeks and we really do need a miracle out of someone new (sage perhaps? wishful thinking....but it's needed)
 
Top Bottom