Miami fans getting what they deserved? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami fans getting what they deserved?

I think we should play dickenson over sage!! Dickenson has more time in this system, and was a good qb in the cfl. Cfl isnt the nfl no doubt but at least he won there. Sage has done what? Dickenson is goin to be gone when fiedler's back so why not give him a whirl now while hes here? No one thought Jeff Garcia was goin to amount to anything either!! If he turns out then keep him, if not later. Sage looked damn scared when he went in. I really liked his leadership to let the clock run down to the two minute warning. That was a great move. I think were in trouble for qb's for the rest of the year. Hopefully not but, how well is Fiedler goin to be able to throw the ball when he gets back? Has any other qb had a similar injury and come back and performed? Or not performed for that matter? Just something to think about. I hope fiedler comes back to play good for sure, but there has to be some concern. We havent thrown a good deep ball all year, and its starting to come back to bite us on the ass now. Whoever starts this week it really wont matter unless norv just says f#$k it and starts throwing the ball. REcievers really didnt help Ray out on monday either, nor the defense for that matter. Time for our team to play as the team we all know that they are capable of being.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

This team fell apart last night and Jay would'nt have made a difference. He certainly could'nt have done any better in the first half.

I can't say we would have won the game with Jay, but IMHO Jay would not have let the team fall apart. I don't think the team has confidence in Ray and thus his leadership is deminished. The team has alway had confidence in Jay, and would rally around him when the chips were down.

How can anyone speculate that with Jay the Fins STILL would have lost to Green Bay.

Come on. For one thing, Lucas taking the snaps changed Turner's ENTIRE f---ing game plan. It was Damon Huard replacing Marino time. Conservative, try not to let him lose the game, have him run if his first read is covered, since ONE f--ing read is all he is going to be able to make before kicking into panic mode, etc., etc. The play calling strategy would have been totally different with Fieder. So who the hell KNOWS what the final score would have been with Jay in there. All we know for sure, is that Jay would have given us a better chance of winning, because....well let's see now......BETTER qbs typically improve your chances of winning.

Even with the same play called in the same circumstance, there are all sorts of individual plays which can turn out completely whether it is Lucas or Fiedler taking the snap. Maybe Lucas tucks and tries to run at times when Fiedler would have found Chambers for a big gainer on the exact same play, etc.

To say, just because Jay sometimes throws dumb passes too, or whatever, misses the entire point. A different qb changes the ENTIRE equation......

You really need to get off the defenses back... They gave up 17 points.. the other TD if you remember was a int for a td... defense couldn't do anything... But they held the Packers, in Lambau Field to 17 points... after 3 other TO by the offense gave them excellent Field position. No you can't blame the D-fense..
Now the O on the other hand.. well I only fault Lucas for one of those TO's, but it was a big one... basically sealed the game. Two of them I give to Carter... and Konrad with the fumble...
Lucas was not getting alot of help on O... but please don't try and blame the D on this one..

I can't say if we would have won the GB game, but I am sure we would've won the Buffalo game with Feidler.

The Oline lost this game plus the TO's..but the Oline looked *#&$^*#^up..
Spriggs got his butt beat so many times it's rediculous....I don't know but the oline needs to get it's swagger back or we're in for a long season...and and the problem really wasn't Lucas this game..

spriggs needed serious help blocking on every play, and when he didn't get it, the qb was sacked. he looked pretty awful by himself.

Originally posted by stan marino
I think we should play dickenson over sage!!

I actually think this is a good idea. Dickenson has more experience than Sage. Oops, i forgot. Keep Lucas in there when you play the bills.

Seriously, Dickenson over Sage.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Trek if Jay were in there it would make a heck of a lot of difference. Every throw Ray was making except perhaps 1-2 were ducks. His timing with receivers were horrible and he was hitting the ground at times 2 feet in front of a receiver.

Jay's timing with the receivers is usually decent enough that Jay seems them getting open. There were times were I swear Lucas had to double take just so his mind would accept that he had an open receiver before he would throw.

There's way too much time being spent on talking up this Lucas deal.

His passes in the first half were right on the money and they were driving the ball. We went into the second half down by 3 scores because of turnovers. Not Lucas turnovers.
Did you guys only watch the 2nd half?

Re: Re: Miami fans getting what they deserved?

Originally posted by FFiB
Unfortunately, yes they do. But I can't get myself to gloat because we are now on a 2 game losing streak and looked pathetic while doing it.

I can tell you that much though. Those who bashed Jay, game in and game out, seem to post less and less and even dissappear. I bet some created quickly new names to not be affiliated with their previous statements.
A few are still there grasping for straws and trying to defned by diverting some of the blame.

Jay's broken thumb gave him his report card for the last 2 years especially for this year. No question mark left. Jay is our QB and the coaching staff made the right decision all along.

WELL SAID!

I guess both Buffalo and Miami have been dealt a taste of reality.
It'll be interesting to see who gets back on track and when.

Originally posted by Trekbiz
There's way too much time being spent on talking up this Lucas deal.

His passes in the first half were right on the money and they were driving the ball. We went into the second half down by 3 scores because of turnovers. Not Lucas turnovers.
Did you guys only watch the 2nd half?

Again you accuse us of not watching the game.

Despite the turnovers we do not have a chance in that game because of Lucas. The guy was throwing ducks into the ground, had no timing with his receivers on the one in a million chance that he would look at one. All his passes were incredibly short and still missing their mark and 80% of his yards came after Green Bay started pulling their starters. It was a horrible performance and he shouldn't even have the oppurunity to be considered for this sunday.

Sage should be given the chance to see what he can do.

This comes from a guy who has whole heartedly supported Jay over the years.

This is a very interesting thread coming from a Broncos fan perspective... I can completely relate.

I had several friends and family at that game and the feedback about Lucas was he was missing open WRs everywhere! Hell I seen him miss five on TV, 1st half and second half.

And Jay being gone does have an effect on the defense. The defense can't dominate a game like in the past, they need the offense to control the clock and score and without Jay in the game both sides of the ball lose confedence.

Back
Top Bottom