Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

The only reason I think dolphins should try draft Burrow or Tua. Because it would not require a lot of development. Plus I think they may be better too handle losing team than other ..I dont think dolphins are good at developing qb. Love and herbert may need extra develop. Which may lead to being bust. Plus this guy give dolphins best chance to win next 2 to 3 yr. Only time will tell if I am right or wrong.

I don't see any point for the Dolphins to trade up unless it is for the Bengals first overall pick to select Joe Burrow. It doesn't make sense to trade up a few spots for Tua when he can be had at number five overall. His questionable health would scare plenty of teams away. Trade up for number one or stay put seems like the logical choice.

Food for thought.

People are holding it against Tua because his injuries "required" surgery.

Nobody "needs surgery" for a sprained ankle. Tua elected to have surgery so he wouldn't miss games and so he wouldn't ever sprain his ankles again.

So would you hold it against Tannehill if he elected to have surgery on his knee.....or do you hold it against him because he didn't and then suffered another (non-contact) injury on the same knee?

You can't have it both ways. I applaud Tua for being proactive and doing what it took to not miss games and insure he won't have a problem in the future. Had Tannehill done the same, he might be our current franchise QB, hard as that is to believe for some of you.

Point being I don't think we should fault Tua for electing to have surgery on his finger and ankles. Instead, I think we should view that as a a positive and a sign that he will do what it takes to get back on the field and win games ASAP.

To me that equals putting the team first, and I like that trait!

I don’t hold it against him. It’s the fact that he has injuries to have the surgeries in the first place. Honestly he got rushed out there too quick after the last ankle surgery. But Saben knew a loss to LSU would sink their playoff hopes. I want the kid just don‘t want to pay through the nose for him. But yes I agree I do like the idea of the “bionic” ankles.

This is not time for the Dolphins to go with half measures....go ALL IN or keep the hand you are dealt.

Tua can sit a year and learn from Fitzpatrick which would be wise due to his bad hip. Listen, I have injured my hip before and it takes a few years to feel right. I would take him at five, but not giving up picks to move up a couple of spots to get him when he will be there at five. Some people think Tua is as good as Burrow are sadly mistaken and let's see where all these Tua bandwagon fans are a few years from now.

One more thing to consider, do the Dolphins really want to draft another Alabama player when they have been burned before by Bama, first with Saban and the last year with Minka Fitzpatrick. I would pass on Tua and go after Burrow and if that can't happen, wait for next years QB crop and go after Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.

Tua might feel good right now, but as soon as he goes full tilt in pads, that is when he will know how that injury really is. I really think that whoever drafts him will need for him to sit a year or two before he can go full tilt. Hip injuries are bad, buyer beware.

Tua can sit a year and learn from Fitzpatrick which would be wise due to his bad hip. Listen, I have injured my hip before and it takes a few years to feel right. I would take him at five, but not giving up picks to move up a couple of spots to get him when he will be there at five. Some people think Tua is as good as Burrow are sadly mistaken and let's see where all these Tua bandwagon fans are a few years from now.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you're not an elite athlete nor do you have access to the best trainers, doctors, physical therapist, dietician at your disposal.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you're not an elite athlete nor do you have access to the best trainers, doctors, physical therapist, dietician at your disposal.
That still doesn't guarantee he is going be healthy in nfl..all Tua is a name w big chance.. are dolphins willing take that chance is question. We will find out draft day. He ain't on stack team any more.. so we about find out about real Tua soon?? For dolphins too succeed Tua or Burrow need be above avg in nfl. By yr 3 to 4.

Last edited:
That still doesn't guarantee he is going be healthy in nfl..all Tua is a name w big chance.. are dolphins willing take that chance is question. We will find out draft day. He ain't on stack team any more.. so we about find out about real Tua soon?? For dolphins too succeed Tua or Burrow need be above avg in nfl.

No one is guaranteed to be healthy in the NFL, Chad Pennington was a healthy as a mule in college and was Mr. Glass in the NFL. We're gonna need for them to be a lot more than just above average unless we build a SB caliber defense and run game.

No one is guaranteed to be healthy in the NFL, Chad Pennington was a healthy as a mule in college and was Mr. Glass in the NFL. We're gonna need for them to be a lot more than just above average unless we build a SB caliber defense and run game.
[/QUOTE.very few qb react above avg. You will have to be baller qb. A qb that take charge of team. K.c was good team before mohome got there. Yes we need build great team around. Who ever qb going be. I just dont want be like bears good team but qb is hold them back from getting too next level.

When you ignore Burrow’s stats and watch his game tape you see a young man who has good footwork/mechanics and is accurate on all the throws he can make. When you continue to watch his tape you start to see the throws he can’t make because he has below average NFL arm strength. My concern with him as a prospect is that his only real flaw (outside of 1 year of high level college production) is not a fixable issue. He could end up being Chad Pennington 2.0 at the NFL level. If we could take him with our pick without giving up anything I would say he is worth the risk. Once you start talking 3-4 1st round picks to move up to take him things start to get dicey. If Grier pulls the trigger on that trade and he’s a bust he is pretty much done as a GM in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom