Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

Just now via Sirus XM radio, they just said per Miami Herald Miami will ATTEMPT to trade up to the #1 spot.

Not a fan of this move and losing all the capital we just built up, but we will see...

why do you think we created all that draft capital? TO GET A QB!!!

The only way another team jumps Miami is if Miami let’s them, period. Those teams in front of them will be calling if one try’s. No team is going to secretly appear.

why do you think we created all that draft capital? TO GET A QB!!!

That would be vaild if we were only a QB away, but we traded two young studs that created two positions of need at LT and Safety. Trading all that capital away for 1 player doesn't help. Staying put getting Tua or another QB at 5, Starting Tackle at 18 and a RB or other at 22 helps a lot more than trading it all away for Burrow and having no blocking to protect him or play makers around him does us no good.

That would be vaild if we were only a QB away, but we traded two young studs that created two positions of need at LT and Safety. Trading all that capital away for 1 player doesn't help. Staying put getting Tua or another QB at 5, Starting Tackle at 18 and a RB or other at 22 helps a lot more than trading it all away for Burrow and having no blocking to protect him or play makers around him does us no good.

I'm sorry, but NFL history has shown us that a star QB is the single most important piece of a team. Also, this organization has shown the ability to draft safeties in the mid rounds.

If Flores would rather have Joe Burrow (1) and Brandon Jones (141) than Tua (5) and Xavier McKinney (26) then who the **** are we to stand in that mans way. I trust Flo, so I want to give him all the pieces he needs to succeed. If he thinks that is burrow, it's burrow

To the 'trade whatever it takes for Burrow' people, how would you feel if hypothetically the situations were reversed? Let's say Miami had the 1st overall picks, desperately needed a franchise QB, and Cincy had the picks we have now? What would Cincy have to give us to make that deal? Let's also pretend that Burrow was a Florida kid. Would you give Burrow up for what's been talked about? Or would you keep him no matter what?

TFK

I'm sorry, but NFL history has shown us that a star QB is the single most important piece of a team. Also, this organization has shown the ability to draft safeties in the mid rounds.

If Flores would rather have Joe Burrow (1) and Brandon Jones (141) than Tua (5) and Xavier McKinney (26) then who the **** are we to stand in that mans way. I trust Flo, so I want to give him all the pieces he needs to succeed. If he thinks that is burrow, it's burrow
And if he thinks it's Herbert at #5?

Are you supportive of that, as well?

IMO, we accumulated the picks to rebuild the whole team foundation, not just one piece of the puzzle.

Yes a QB is the most important position, but it is not the only thing needed for success.

I trust Flo too. I trust he is not foolish enough to trade the future for one unproven prospect, when it takes an entire team to win a championship.

To the 'trade whatever it takes for Burrow' people, how would you feel if hypothetically the situations were reversed? Let's say Miami had the 1st overall picks, desperately needed a franchise QB, and Cincy had the picks we have now? What would Cincy have to give us to make that deal? Let's also pretend that Burrow was a Florida kid. Would you give Burrow up for what's been talked about? Or would you keep him no matter what?

TFK
I would want #5 #18 #26 and a 21 1st rounder.

I would settle for #5 #18 #39 and a 21 1st rounder.

Anything less I'm keeping Burrow

The only way another team jumps Miami is if Miami let’s them, period. Those teams in front of them will be calling if one try’s. No team is going to secretly appear.

Agreed. With the draft capital Miami has, if a team jumps them, it's because Miami didn't try. And the reason they won't try (maybe) is they don't want who some think they do.

It is true if you are basing acquiring a top QB in 2021 with a Houston collapse and trying to get a one from X???? A team moving trying to move from a mid first into the first or second OA will cost way too much and won’t happen. And X is also not going to fetch a one not with his contract hopefully a two

You also write and it make it sound like we have two ones next year we have our own one and Houston one so we have a better chance to move up this year or stay pat and be jumped by Another team like the Chargers into no.3

Did you read what I wrote? They can have more than enough capital to be able to move up in 2021. Perhaps the team with #1 won’t be willing to trade no matter the offer because Lawrence is such a sought after prospect like Manning or Luck, but trading for #2 or a lower top 5 pick will be surely possible with the capital they’ll be able to offer. There’s no question about it.

Did you read what I wrote? They can have more than enough capital to be able to move up in 2021. Perhaps the team with #1 won’t be willing to trade no matter the offer because Lawrence is such a sought after prospect like Manning or Luck, but trading for #2 or a lower top 5 pick will be surely possible with the capital they’ll be able to offer. There’s no question about it.
I read it all

We will not be a position to draft low ~ there will be between 3-4 franchises fighting their way to pick in the top 5 today we are in the top 5? And we have the draft capital now... Counting one next year is IMHO asinine unless... unless Tua is gone because no one is is a no questions asked starter in 2020.

And for that matter i wouldn't start Burrow or Tua over Fitz unless they earned it

Would you guys trade 2020 #18, #26 and both 2021 first rounders for #1 this year? We could then trade back a few spots for a day 3 pick and still get a top 2 LT to go with Burrow.

Would you guys trade 2020 #18, #26 and both 2021 first rounders for #1 this year? We could then trade back a few spots for a day 3 pick and still get a top 2 LT to go with Burrow.
No way! I’d give this yrs 1’s throw in a 4 or 5th maybe and a 2nd next yr that’s it

Back
Top Bottom