Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

I read it all

We will not be a position to draft low ~ there will be between 3-4 franchises fighting their way to pick in the top 5 today we are in the top 5? And we have the draft capital now... Counting one next year is IMHO asinine unless... unless Tua is gone because no one is is a no questions asked starter in 2020.

And for that matter i wouldn't start Burrow or Tua over Fitz unless they earned it
Why do some people feel that there are several teams with less draft capital that can move up this year when there are 2 top QB prospects widely considered a top 5 pick? Why is that any more or less challenging than next year? Is Fields/Lawrence better options than Burrow/Tua?

When you ignore Burrow’s stats and...continue to watch his tape you start to see the throws he can’t make because he has below average NFL arm strength.

if burrow were tua and i were a fanboy i'd be telling you right now that joe montana and drew brees didn't have strong arms either.

He actually says both...
Great movie, I want a fruit punch water fountain

Sneaky, sneaky, in succession? Hmmm not sure about that but I am always look for a reason to rewatch that movie. Watched it about 3 weeks ago.

Sneaky, sneaky, in succession? Hmmm not sure about that but I am always look for a reason to rewatch that movie. Watched it about 3 weeks ago.
When Sandler first goes to his uncles apt. Butler meets his down stairs and says very very sneaky. Sandler goes up in elevator and butler is already there. That when he says sneaky sneaky.

if burrow were tua and i were a fanboy i'd be telling you right now that joe montana and drew brees didn't have strong arms either.

Brees has an average NFL arm; he can make every throw. Sure, the modern NFL has guys with absolute cannons so his arm doesn’t look that strong in comparison. Burrow has a below average NFL arm; he will struggle on throws where he has to drive the ball towards the sideline. He got away with throws at LSU that would be a pick-6 in the NFL. The ball just hangs in the air like a sitting duck on his out route throws. That does not mean I think he won’t be successful in the NFL. In fact I could see him being an above average starter for many years. However, I think that is his ceiling. I just don’t see him as the next superstar QB (the 1st QB taken in drafts rarely are).

Why do some people feel that there are several teams with less draft capital that can move up this year when there are 2 top QB prospects widely considered a top 5 pick? Why is that any more or less challenging than next year? Is Fields/Lawrence better options than Burrow/Tua?
I am sure You can name me a team that has moved down from the mid teens to say the top 4 or 5 picks let alone top 3 - Enjoy

I read it all

We will not be a position to draft low ~ there will be between 3-4 franchises fighting their way to pick in the top 5 today we are in the top 5? And we have the draft capital now... Counting one next year is IMHO asinine unless... unless Tua is gone because no one is is a no questions asked starter in 2020.

And for that matter i wouldn't start Burrow or Tua over Fitz unless they earned it

Alrighty then. We’ll just have to agree to disagree about that.

But at least we agree on Tua being the best prospect in this current class ;)

Brees has an average NFL arm; he can make every throw. Sure, the modern NFL has guys with absolute cannons so his arm doesn’t look that strong in comparison. Burrow has a below average NFL arm; he will struggle on throws where he has to drive the ball towards the sideline. He got away with throws at LSU that would be a pick-6 in the NFL. The ball just hangs in the air like a sitting duck on his out route throws. That does not mean I think he won’t be successful in the NFL. In fact I could see him being an above average starter for many years. However, I think that is his ceiling. I just don’t see him as the next superstar QB (the 1st QB taken in drafts rarely are).

I'll leave this here and wait for people to say how much they don't trust PFF, who watch at least 10x as much football as the Average Joe on Finheaven.
"Burrow has sustained elite play every game for half a season. He’s torched one of the best secondaries in college football. He’s got a stronger arm and quicker release that Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa. We’ve never seen a quarterback with a higher passing grade through the first seven weeks of the season. He may not be at the top of boards right now, but he’s shooting his way up there."

I'll leave this here and wait for people to say how much they don't trust PFF, who watch at least 10x as much football as the Average Joe on Finheaven.
"Burrow has sustained elite play every game for half a season. He’s torched one of the best secondaries in college football. He’s got a stronger arm and quicker release that Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa. We’ve never seen a quarterback with a higher passing grade through the first seven weeks of the season. He may not be at the top of boards right now, but he’s shooting his way up there."

The only thing I can tell you is whoever wrote that article doesn’t watch game tape. Say what you want about either prospect, but that is literally the only time I have ever seen or heard someone make that statement period. A simple search of his draft profile from multiple sites all state “below average arm strength and average release quickness” as one of his weaknesses. Don’t let a single article fool you; watch his game tape and see how he fares on throws outside the middle of the field yourself. The only thing I can think of is the fact that LSU had a more vertical offense so Burrow did show off the deep ball more than Tua. The deep ball isn’t necessarily a good indicator of arm strength though as you don’t need to drive the ball at a height where a defender can knock it down or intercept it.

The only thing I can tell you is whoever wrote that article doesn’t watch game tape. Say what you want about either prospect, but that is literally the only time I have ever seen or heard someone make that statement period. A simple search of his draft profile from multiple sites all state “below average arm strength and average release quickness” as one of his weaknesses. Don’t let a single article fool you; watch his game tape and see how he fares on throws outside the middle of the field yourself. The only thing I can think of is the fact that LSU had a more vertical offense so Burrow did show off the deep ball more than Tua. The deep ball isn’t necessarily a good indicator of arm strength though as you don’t need to drive the ball at a height where a defender can knock it down or intercept it.

Here are two. Let me see your sites (hopefully somewhat reputable) that supports your position. I want a side by side.

Arm Strength - Does he have a cannon? No. He meets requisite arm strength but if he's not able to stride and torque throws, his far sideline throws can take a while to hit home. He's got plenty of velocity when set up on his platform — issues mainly show up when he's off script and sees opportunity to gouge for big plays in tight space.

Arm Strength - Does he have elite strength? No. Is his arm strength a problem? Definitely not. He's got plenty of juice from within the pocket and generates desirable heat on the ball when he gets down hill to throw on the run. Has ability to squeeze tight throws in tight windows with zip but more so because he's so accurate.

Here are two. Let me see your sites (hopefully somewhat reputable) that supports your position. I want a side by side.

Arm Strength - Does he have a cannon? No. He meets requisite arm strength but if he's not able to stride and torque throws, his far sideline throws can take a while to hit home. He's got plenty of velocity when set up on his platform — issues mainly show up when he's off script and sees opportunity to gouge for big plays in tight space.

Arm Strength - Does he have elite strength? No. Is his arm strength a problem? Definitely not. He's got plenty of juice from within the pocket and generates desirable heat on the ball when he gets down hill to throw on the run. Has ability to squeeze tight throws in tight windows with zip but more so because he's so accurate.

Again, I really don’t care what any article says because I watched his tape. It is 2020; if you want to waste time searching the internet you can find an article that supports any opinion you want to make. In fact, both of your examples literally state points I already made. “if he’s not able to stride and torque throws, his far sideline throws can take a while to hit home”. The literal translation of this is that from time to time he will throw sitting duck passes on out routes that will easily be knocked down or intercepted. At no point did I say his arm isn’t strong enough to be an NFL QB. I think he COULD be a turnover machine on a bad team where his OL has him running for his life. He relied on accuracy to make throws in college and said accuracy might not always be enough in the NFL.

To clarify, I said there is no way Burrow has a stronger arm than Tua and the articles you posted support that. Tua’s arm strength is around Brees when he played for the Chargers (before the 2 rotator cuff surgeries he had a little more juice).

I said in this thread that if we could take Burrow with our own pick he is certainly worth the risk. I just don’t see him as an Elway, Manning, Luck caliber prospect who you trade 3-4 1st round picks to try to take.

Some food for thought: if you remove injuries from the equation the articles you posted make Tua sound like the better prospect.

Last edited:
Some food for thought: if you remove injuries from the equation the articles you posted make Tua sound like the better prospect.

If Cincy had the #1 pick...I'd lay odds that they would take Burrow over Tua. The rumors that we''re going up...isn't to go up to get Tua, who says he's ready to play right now.

Back
Top Bottom