miami going to england again | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

miami going to england again

See my post above for why it is always a home game for us. Anyway, for other teams, the home teams tend to be ones that struggle to fill their stadium at home like Jacksonville, TB, Cincinnati etc. It is more financially lucrative to play the game overseas. There owners couldn't care less if it puts their team at a disadvantage because it is good for their pocket book. That is why teams like NE, DAL, Pit etc. will never be the home team.
Actually it doesn't matter what the attendance is overseas. Could be 5 people going to the game the home team still gets the same 2 or 3 Million fee. That is well above a sold out stadium anyways.
Ross does it to get Superbowls down here (every Superbowl played down here is income from the County and the NFL without having major expenses) because I guess the NFL requires for you to give up a home game to have a chance to host a Superbowl. And of course the lump sum for a London game from the NFL helps as well.

2007, 2015 and 2017 as the 'home' team, 2014 as the 'visitors'.

Rams have also played four times, the Raiders five and the Jags six.
The Jags only 6 times total? It feels like they are playing half their home schedule every year in London. :lol:
The Raiders probably won't give up a home game anymore considering they are moving to their new shiny stadium in Vegas next year.

2007, 2015 and 2017 as the 'home' team, 2014 as the 'visitors'.

Rams have also played four times, the Raiders five and the Jags six.
Two of those Raiders game were in Mexico. So technically the Dolphins have played the second most games in London, another on the way.

The Jags only 6 times total? It feels like they are playing half their home schedule every year in London. :lol:
The Raiders probably won't give up a home game anymore considering they are moving to their new shiny stadium in Vegas next year.
I'm sure they will have to pay their dues for the eventual Super Bowl in Vegas.

I believe new stadiums get it by default.
Oh thought it was automatic may be different for new stadiums but I think they still have to play while stadium is built.
Due to NFL rules, teams that are playing in temporary homes as part of a relocation or that have recently been awarded the Super Bowl are required to play a home game internationally. The Los Angeles Rams, upon relocating from St. Louis, agreed to host an international game from 2016–2019, while their new stadium is being built. The Los Angeles Chargers, who will be sharing the stadium with the Rams once it is completed, will also host an international game in 2018 and 2019, only getting out of the 2017 game because the team had executed its out clause to move from San Diego after the 2017 International Series games had been announced.[15] The Raiders, who will spend the 2019 off-season in limbo due to the expiration of their stadium deal in Oakland and the lack of an NFL-ready stadium in their eventual home in Las Vegas, have also agreed to annual international home games through 2019.

Disagree, this team could be very fun to watch next year with the spending in free agency that will take place in year one of the rebuild....and a franchise QB along with a big draft haul...I am expecting 8-8 or better!

Well, the rookie QB might struggle in his first year so...

But I, too, am excited about free agency. We have set ourselves up to be major players. And our picks? So, so many.

Next year will set the foundation for the future of the team so we have to pray and implore that Grier doesn't **** the bed.

That's so unnecessary. Our Fins have played in the most international games, and some teams haven't done it yet. At least, they can make it so we don't lose a home game AGAIN. SMH
nope we have only played 3 times in London & the jags have played 7 times......

Rubbish for you guys having to give up a home game, it's not like there's too many a year to begin with. Tho if it's at Tottenham's new ground I'll get over it :) looks a great stadium to watch a bit of NFL!

If it’s a 9:00 AM kickoff I’m 100% in favor of it. Love getting my football out of the way so I can golf. Doesn’t playing these games help in future Super Bowl bids?

That's selfish as hell. :lol:

I dunno what the hoopla is all about. Listen, if we're gonna take it to a team it don't matter if its London or Alaska; home game, visitor or somewhere in between, we're gonna take it to that team.

Plus, we expand the brand. Ross is going to make his money anyway.

There is something very cool about seeing so many Dolphins jerseys across the pond. Its something to be proud of and we don't have much to be proud of at the moment.

I know it puts us at disadvantage but, again, it doesn't matter where we are. Nigeria or the Netherlands, are you going to punch the opposition in the mouth regardless of the soil?

Ross trying get that Superbowl back to miami again.

Also interesting to know teams don't have to take their bye week after London

Thats smart as hell. The international teams should have a bye week after the travel. Not sure if that is what you meant.

I know this stinks for season ticket holders and I hate to give up a home game. On the other hand, I went to the last London game against the Saints and had a blast! Made a 14 day trip out of it and got to visit Paris, London and Italy. Would definitely go again....Wembley was very cool.

Thats smart as hell. The international teams should have a bye week after the travel. Not sure if that is what you meant.
No, I read the colts volunteered to opt out of the bye week after London game and have it at a later date. But I think it was just a test by the NFL to see how players adjusted after playing immediately following a London game.

Back
Top Bottom