miami going to england again | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

miami going to england again

Need to realise there is more than one city in England, having a NFL game in my hometown of Newcastle(not that I live there anymore) would be an amazing experience for, the locals, the traveling fans and the NFL.

Thats smart as hell. The international teams should have a bye week after the travel. Not sure if that is what you meant.

No, I read the colts volunteered to opt out of the bye week after London game and have it at a later date. But I think it was just a test by the NFL to see how players adjusted after playing immediately following a London game.
Having done the US/Europe trip a gazillian times a bye prior to the England game (if you also leave a couple days earlier) is more valuable than vice versa. The adjustment from Europe to the US is much easier than the adjustment from the US to Europe.

I know this stinks for season ticket holders and I hate to give up a home game. On the other hand, I went to the last London game against the Saints and had a blast! Made a 14 day trip out of it and got to visit Paris, London and Italy. Would definitely go again....Wembley was very cool.
But not many home town fans have the luxury (time/financially) to just go across the pond for a football game. For someone who does not go to the games regularly it does not matter where the Dolphins play. But for us 8 regular season games is already a small number. You take one more away that simply sucks.

Need to realise there is more than one city in England, having a NFL game in my hometown of Newcastle(not that I live there anymore) would be an amazing experience for, the locals, the traveling fans and the NFL.

It’s true Geordies are the warmest people in England and their women are stunning in every sense and a real laugh too

Newcastle what a dump...:out:

A game at St James' Park would be brilliant. For many reasons but especially watching Americans trying to understand a bit of Geordie, I'm a Yorkshireman and it can be difficult at times :chuckle:

As much as I'd love not to have to travel to London to see the Fins in the UK, IIRC only Wembley and Spurs pitches are big enough to fit a NFL game on.

I do feel for the US guys, its pretty crappy to lose a game especially when next year might be an exciting year with a new QB. I'll go if its in London, and if its the school holiday week I'll take my two kids.

As much as I'd love not to have to travel to London to see the Fins in the UK, IIRC only Wembley and Spurs pitches are big enough to fit a NFL game on.

I do feel for the US guys, its pretty crappy to lose a game especially when next year might be an exciting year with a new QB. I'll go if its in London, and if its the school holiday week I'll take my two kids.
That's not quite the case, while the pitches at Spurs and Wembley are the maximum size allowed there are many Premier League pitches that are the same size. It may be that some of the older stadiums don't have the space to extend the pitch (as NFL pitches are 5 metres longer than the maximum allowed for Premier League pitches) or have room for the teams on the sidelines, but that would not be an issue for places like the Etihad or the London Stadium that have hosted the Commonwealth and Olympic games.

Wembley and Twickenham were originally used because they aren't regularly used by a Premier League team and as a result the owners like to maximise use and income generated, whereas the new Spurs stadium has been adopted as the NFL made a contribution towards the building costs in exchange for having a stadium available that has reasonable facilities for an NFL game (for example changing rooms that can fit an NFL team in).

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening unfortunately. London's catchment area and international travel infrastructure are far too valuable.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons we do this is because Ross wants to host Superbowls. I believe you have to play an international game to get into the Superbowl lottery.
Well that's the closest Ross will ever get to a Super Bowl so...

As an Englishman that has been to 4 games at Wembley, I really am not a fan of the international games. It's just not the real thing, no matter how they try to dress it up.

And the TV coverage is always awful, explaining the 'basics' over & over. They need to understand a lot of the NFL fans in the UK have been fans since the early 80's.

As an Englishman that has been to 4 games at Wembley, I really am not a fan of the international games. It's just not the real thing, no matter how they try to dress it up.

And the TV coverage is always awful, explaining the 'basics' over & over. They need to understand a lot of the NFL fans in the UK have been fans since the early 80's.
Yeah other than rolling out Mike Carlson every time the coverage is pretty simple, although I guess older fans are not their market. They're after new blood.

It’s true whilst my selfish side wants to watch the fins play I don’t think it’s fair on the US home based fin fans who only get to watch 8 games a season currently and the coverage as u say is never the same

Having done the US/Europe trip a gazillian times a bye prior to the England game (if you also leave a couple days earlier) is more valuable than vice versa. The adjustment from Europe to the US is much easier than the adjustment from the US to Europe.

But not many home town fans have the luxury (time/financially) to just go across the pond for a football game. For someone who does not go to the games regularly it does not matter where the Dolphins play. But for us 8 regular season games is already a small number. You take one more away that simply sucks.
Agreed! It was my 30th Anniversary trip or I never would have been able to afford it. See you at the Buffalo game in a couple of weeks. I will try and stop by the tailgate!

Back
Top Bottom