Miami Has the Oldest Starting Defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Has the Oldest Starting Defense

Need to get some more youth in the pipe line and not 2 deep ceiling ones

Doesn't matter. We have Raekwon, Kiko, Branch, Suh, Godchaux, Taylor, Harris, X, Tank, Lippett, Jones, and Mcdonald for the next 2-3 years minimum. Sure we need more young talent like every team in the NFL, but our defensive talent today is better than everyone in our division during that time span, and there is no reason to think we won't add to that in the future. The AFC East is up for grabs now, NE's time is coming to an end in the very near future, possibly even this year. Belichick won't have Brady forever, and regardless of what some may believe, that is incredibly significant. NE is an offensive team now, their D is not as strong as it used to be. Nink was a big loss...

Last edited:
Yup an old defense a trademark of a Tannenbaum run team. Although the last 2 drafts have the potential to inject some serious youth into that defense.

We are starting to infuse some youthful talent in through the draft and some FA along with a few reaches in FA with age that we are still having to do because of the Ireland years. We have a pretty good mix, but depth is an issue. At least we are bringing in people that we can actually build on now. Ireland screwed this team so bad!

Always thought this was a meaningless figure. The numbers are skewed greatly by Wake and Timmons. If it's that big of a deal replace Wake with Harris and have Wake come off the bench for 60% of the snaps. Timmons isn't in the team's long term picture. Plus having a defense that has an average age of 28 isn't a bad thing if they can play.

If Timmons isn't in the long term picture and I agree he's not they better get another piece that can play the nickel at lb. cause if they don't I'm afraid with Raekwon we may end up with what the saints are going thru with aj Klein to the perimeter of the field. Be ahead of the play and still not get there.

I'd buy some insurance.

And right now I'd have no plans of moving on from Timmons after this season. The cupboard is bare.

I'd like to see them get a youth range safety so tj McDonald can play more big nickel hopefully his signing doesn't mean that's off the table but I guess they may think Maurice smith could develop into a decent starter down the road. Lord knows Michael thomas isn't gonna do it.

I like the corner group youth wise boundary especially I think we have what we need youth wise there. Slot I'm not so sure

Yeah and NE has the oldest QB in the league but I'm sure 95% of the league would want him.
It depends.

Can I sew him up in a burlap sack filled to his knees with concrete, and chuck him into the river?

Yup an old defense a trademark of a Tannenbaum run team. Although the last 2 drafts have the potential to inject some serious youth into that defense.

Since Gase has arrived we are seeing a shift from that typical Tannenbaum approach. I feel Gase has a good influence in how this team is built and the direction it's going. More Gase and Grier less Tannenbaum.

Back
Top Bottom