Miami Has the Oldest Starting Defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Has the Oldest Starting Defense

If Timmons isn't in the long term picture and I agree he's not they better get another piece that can play the nickel at lb. cause if they don't I'm afraid with Raekwon we may end up with what the saints are going thru with aj Klein to the perimeter of the field. Be ahead of the play and still not get there.

I'd buy some insurance.

And right now I'd have no plans of moving on from Timmons after this season. The cupboard is bare.

I'd like to see them get a youth range safety so tj McDonald can play more big nickel hopefully his signing doesn't mean that's off the table but I guess they may think Maurice smith could develop into a decent starter down the road. Lord knows Michael thomas isn't gonna do it.

I like the corner group youth wise boundary especially I think we have what we need youth wise there. Slot I'm not so sure

I mean it's not like we have a choice, we guaranteed the entire 2 year contract.

Wake ages like Wolverine though so you can't consider him old.

Yeah it's mostly Wake. Not many teams have a 35 year old starter on defense. Let's hope he holds up because he's the only sure fire pass rusher we have. The rest are question marks.

Which was an excellent pick up.

Well you are the board's resident homer so I'm not surprised you feel that way, but it's obviously too early to judge one way or another. Timmons is on the decline though which is why Pittsburgh let a 10 year Steeler walk. Would be nice to have an out in his deal after a year like we had with Mario Williams.

I mean it's not like we have a choice, we guaranteed the entire 2 year contract.

That's true and it's only one dress rehearsal
Preseason game. But at least he looks like he has gas left in the tank. Looks the part.

Well you are the board's resident homer so I'm not surprised you feel that way, but it's obviously too early to judge one way or another. Timmons is on the decline though which is why Pittsburgh let a 10 year Steeler walk. Would be nice to have an out in his deal after a year like we had with Mario Williams.

Of course it would have been nice lol, so would have been drafting Tom Brady. But sometimes you need to pay up and take risks to improve your roster. To pass on Timmons because "it would have been nice to have an out" and "Timmons is on the decline" would have been incredibly stupid. Luckily for Dolfans, our front office isn't that dumb. Smart pick up.

That's true and it's only one dress rehearsal
Preseason game. But at least he looks like he has gas left in the tank. Looks the part.

We also have crap for talent at LB. Picking up Timmons was a no brainer good move for this club, unless of course, you are the type of person who just focuses on negatives...

Hey its a process, 3 rookies on the Dline have me exicted, plus the corners are young, I get it on the linebackers and secondary are a bit old but really for the first time in a long time I believe we are finding players that will be successful. Thats what counts.

Miss the days when we had Madison, Surtain, JT, ZT, Brock Marion, etc.
Those defenses failed consistently during the biggest moments. All I remember is the likes of Eric Moulds, Pierless Price, Lavernues Coles, Wayne Chrebet, Troy Brown, and Deion Branch having big days vs those teams.

Those defenses failed consistently during the biggest moments. All I remember is the likes of Eric Moulds, Pierless Price, Lavernues Coles, Wayne Chrebet, Troy Brown, and Deion Branch having big days vs those teams.

Always felt like Madison was over-rated, and Surtain was under-rated.

All these years of using high draft picks on the offensive line and its still suspect. We have neglected the defense via draft (except for this last draft) and this is the result. We have used band aids in free agency to address the defense (other than Suh obviously).

Back
Top Bottom