[Miami Heat] Dorell Wright is still growing.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Miami Heat] Dorell Wright is still growing....

Mindwarp

Captain Caveman
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-wright&prov=ap&type=lgns

MIAMI (AP) -- Unlike the vast majority of NBA players, Dorell Wright is still growing.

He was 6-foot-7 when the Miami Heat drafted him out of Connecticut's South Kent Prep in 2004, and didn't grow much during his first two seasons as a little-used reserve.

Yet this past summer, the 20-year-old Wright got noticeably taller, reporting for camp at nearly 6-9.

"I'm not done," Wright said. "I think I should be 6-foot-10 by the time I'm done."

yes i am very excited about him, i am so glad we didn't sign Bonzi Wells.

Mindwarp said:
I am excited to see this kid play this year... Riley said he will give him more minutes..

I believe the comment was more along the lines of:

I haven't made that commitment yet, because I want to see just how he comes to training camp and how committed he is.

Wright is going to have to beat someone out to earn what few minutes are available on this team.

Ferretsquig said:
I believe the comment was more along the lines of:

Wright is going to have to beat someone out to earn what few minutes are available on this team.

How is wrights defense?? Can he replace Shandon Anderson's minutes??

He should be able to get 10 or so minutes backing up Posey/Walker at SF and then hopefully atleast 7-10 minute at SG when either Wade needs a rest or when they move wade to PG

UCFinfan86 said:
How is wrights defense?? Can he replace Shandon Anderson's minutes??

He should be able to get 10 or so minutes backing up Posey/Walker at SF and then hopefully atleast 7-10 minute at SG when either Wade needs a rest or when they move wade to PG

I think Ira said it best:

So what will it take during the preseason for Dorell Wright to earn his way into the rotation?
-- Making the sensible play, instead of the sensational play.

-- A tighter dribble against pressure defense.

-- Showing with his height that he can be a factor off the boards.

-- Seeing the entire floor, instead of just his own offense.

The bottom line with Wright is he has had his best moments when he has been able to dominate the ball. That's not going to happen very often on a team that features Dwyane Wade.

While Wright won't play many preseason minutes alongside Wade, he has to show he can complement when he does.

It can be argued that no player on the roster has as much at stake this preseason as Wright.

Wright has shown nothing yet.....not that hes been given the opportunity to. Every time hes had a chance to play, whether it was in garbage time or in the summer league, he has dominated the ball. If he is to break into the rotation, his role will be that of a facilitator...hustle guy who plays defense, gets boards, blocks shots, and is lucky if he gets to touch the ball every other posessesion. And the only way he can show Riley that hes capable of playing that role is if hes allowed to play with the starters during the preseason and the inevitable injury plagued regular season. I just think he has an uphill battle to fight just to get a chance. Riley isn't known for playing youngsters just to see if they can live up to their potential.

So where's the Re-Heat thread at? Preseason starts TONIGHT. If Section doesn't start it up by gametime I say one of us seize the moment.

Caps said:
So where's the Re-Heat thread at? Preseason starts TONIGHT. If Section doesn't start it up by gametime I say one of us seize the moment.

Dude...it is right there on the front page...I started the Re-Heat thread as soon as midnight rolled around on the day of our first game.

Slipped right through my sight, you need the three asterisks on either side like last time to make it stand out.

I like to see what he can do for our team, but for some reason I find myself to be more excited about Wayne Simien. He's a rebound machine, and he has a nice delivery on his shots, plus a solid FT shooter.

Back
Top Bottom