Miami Heat's Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Heat's Draft

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
Peanut...hate to say it, but the Heat REACHED for Dwayne Wade. He is a olis player who will give you a few good mintues but will never be anything more than an average starter.

Heat got too caught up in winning this season with this pick.

About the school system, you can make the test scores look however you want with the right manipulation and subjects covered in certain schools. Also, NY had a tough time the last few years in which the government is going to try to make the future and entire picture of the area look rosey. As a whole, the public school systems in this country all suck. Many other countries perform our highest scholastic levels material in Jr High.

I also believe he was merely trying to be funny about your math on the subject, not actually thinking there were no schools there.

Miami made a great pick with Wade. Even the analysts said he could be the best pick of the draft after the first 3. I am sure analysts know more than you, no offense.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Miami made a great pick with Wade. Even the analysts said he could be the best pick of the draft after the first 3. I am sure analysts know more than you, no offense.
Which analyst said that...

Are you talking aobut NBA of the Miami heat or Dolphins who got Wade smith the tackle.. if you are talking about hte Heat. i think they did really good in the draft... Dwayne wade is the man and we got a steal in Jerome Beasly..(second round)

Originally posted by Phinstd
Peanut...hate to say it, but the Heat REACHED for Dwayne Wade. He is a olis player who will give you a few good mintues but will never be anything more than an average starter.

Heat got too caught up in winning this season with this pick.

Hate to say it bud, but you don't know your basketball. Every analyst loved the pick, just like Prime Time said. Stick to football because the basketball knowledge you have is.. :(

I guess you think the Nugs "reached" on Melo too huh? :lol:

I'm sorry but I've yet to see a single analyst like the pick of Wade. Did you watch the draft? Good ole Tolbert said what are they thinking? Eddie Jones is a solid player and plays the same position. I know alot about basketball son. My team is the Pistons and they had the best draft of the night.

Wade is an ok player, will only be an ok player in the league. Your team needed a low post scorer who can get to the free throw line, there were a few available at the 5 spot and you pick a versatile Guard who has a suspect shot and doesn't play defense. Did I mention he plays the same position as your right now best player?(Butler will be soon enough)

Miami got a player who could help them win now because their coach needs to. They did not do what is best for the future of the franchise. Sorry if the truth hurts.

As for Moulds rocks, Clump doesn't know half about the Phins as probably 60% of the posters on this board. This board is by far, the best board for any team I've ever seen. Most of the people are diehard knowledgeable, if not somewhat touchy about their team, fans with a lot of info on this team. Clump comes spewing numbers that he gets off the INTERNET and usually quotes documents about the CBA and estimated numbers for players salaries that he NO CLUE what the actual figures look like and passes them off as his "knowledge" and knows the exact numbers. He was so sure this team was in "jail" and headed for "hell" look at our offseason. One of the best in 10 years here and we still have money for injury signings, I'd say he wrong in his assertion we were dead there. Don't get me wrong, Clump seems alright, but don't play him out as some sort of football guru. He has the same info the rest of us do, and has no access to info the rest of us don't. End of story.

Originally posted by Phinstd
I'm sorry but I've yet to see a single analyst like the pick of Wade. Did you watch the draft? Good ole Tolbert said what are they thinking? Eddie Jones is a solid player and plays the same position. I know alot about basketball son. My team is the Pistons and they had the best draft of the night.

Wade is an ok player, will only be an ok player in the league. Your team needed a low post scorer who can get to the free throw line, there were a few available at the 5 spot and you pick a versatile Guard who has a suspect shot and doesn't play defense. Did I mention he plays the same position as your right now best player?(Butler will be soon enough)

Miami got a player who could help them win now because their coach needs to. They did not do what is best for the future of the franchise. Sorry if the truth hurts.

You're wrong. I just popped in the tape from the pick, they all loved it. Tolbert said it was a great pick and he'll be a great player but he didn't know WHERE HE FITS IN with the Heat. Doesn't play defense? Oh you're just throwing words out of your mouth, he is one of the top defenders coming out of college. Wade can't get to the free throw line? He's one of the best players at taking it to the rack. Suspect shot? Wade has a great mid-range J. His long-range shots need IMPROVEMENT. Wade is MORE READY than Darko is right now. Don't get pissed because you have no clue what you're talking about.

Go to ESPN.COM and read the Draft grades. Look at how much they love the pick of Wade. Go buy the Herald/Sentinel, look how much they loved the Wade pick. Go to Basketballboards.Net, Hoopsworld.com, Realgm.com. Look how much they loved the Wade pick.

You just made a fool out of yourself, SON.. :sleep:

Here you go, PhinsTD

http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/d03/story?id=1573414

PhinsTD: "Wade can't play D"

Miami Heat
Round 1: Dwyane Wade, G, Marquette (No. 5)
Round 2: Jerome Beasley, C, North Dakota (No. 33)

It's tough to criticize Pat Riley for passing on Lampe when 24 other teams did the same thing. Wade was the most ready to contribute now, and that was important to Riley. He should be able to step in right away and play together with Eddie Jones. The only knock on the pick is that Wade won't give them much-needed perimeter shooting. But his athleticism, defense and maturity make up for that. Beasley is a great second-round pick. He'll have to work harder than he's ever worked to play with Riley, but that effort could turn him into the steal of the second round.
Grade: A-

thank you.. :D

Phinstd, have you ever seen a game with wade in it the guy is awsome. I think maybe if he stayed a year he could of been the #1 pick, he has skills

PhinsTD is silent now. Tolbert or some analyst on ESPN said they loved the pick with Wade I remember hearing it at the end of the draft.

PhinsTD is silent now. Tolbert or some analyst on ESPN said they loved the pick with Wade I remember hearing it at the end of the draft.

Yes sir. Should we throw in some other analysts' take on Wade? :D

Word for the future: Do not try and rank on my Heat and their draft, because I will school you! Especially the NBA Draft, don't talk negative unless you actually know your stuff! :eek:

I bet Wade has the 3rd best rookie year of all after LeBron and Carmelo. Wade is going to be an awesome player in the coming years.

Damn straight. And the best thing is, he is ready to make a big impact now. I could see him putting up similar numbers to Caron's last year, with a few points less and alot more assists.

You know, I don't like the Jones for Brandon thing, all it does is save cap room. But it does make sense. If we do that, we'll be loaded when Brandon retires next season. We'd also have extra money this year, where we can go after both Andre Miller and Michael Olowakandi..

1-Andre Miller
2-Dwyane Wade
3-Caron Butler
4-Brian Grant
5-Kandi Man

But the Sun-Sentinel mentions that we WILL go after Dre Miller and Kandi this year, or possibly BRAD Miller.

Interesting..

The Heat will not sign both Andre Miller and Kandi. They may be able to get one, but definitely not both.

As for my Knicks, we got the steal of the draft in Maciej Lampe so I am happy. Wade is a solid player though.

I didn't see an analyst who DIDN'T like the pick. That's my totally unbiased comment on the matter.

I didn't follow basketball as much last year. So I only heard about Dwayne Wade in the past week. And what I heard/read was that he's a leader (got Marquette to the Final Four)....high character guy.....solid defender...good handles.....and can get to the basket. A SLASHER. Knock being he doesn't have a consistent shot outside of 18 feet(?).

Anyway, I can't wait to see him and Caron.

Back
Top Bottom