Miami Herald reports Mike Wallace isn't open to taking a pay cut from the Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Herald reports Mike Wallace isn't open to taking a pay cut from the Dolphins

When you start looking for players whose quality is "he can get along with the coach and qb good so he is a good fit" you really discover how ****ty of a team you are bound to have.

Well except like in GB and NE for instance. You don't hear much about this, well unless there going through a little tough spot. Amanzing how winning games makes things all better.

Why should he take a pay cut?

Because that's what selfless players do to better them team around them. Hell, Tom Brady did and his production actually warrents a top salary.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

First time he has not been open all year.

You don't even watch the games anymore, do you?

One option we have is if Wallace was traded, he could negotiate a new contract with a new team because his guaranteed money runs out in 2015. Any agent worth a dam knows its all about guaranteed money anyway. By increasing the amount of guaranteed money owed to Wallace, a team could lower his annual salary and cap hit to 7 or 8 million and guarantee more of it.

:loser:

Darrelle Revis shadowed Landry in their week 15 matchup. Landry had 8 catches for 99 yards.

The post right below yours, shows you are playing games with numbers. Shadowed, really? When Wallace is on the field he commands the attention....your personal hate for Wallace really clouds your thinking, and your bias is blatant. Nothing objective from you. You just hate the guy, professionally and personally. Sad really.

"The Miami Herald reports Mike Wallace isn't open to taking a pay cut from the Dolphins."

another in a long list of reasons you draft players.. draft draft draft

Look at what Billichick did to that Notre Dame RB that we let go after the preseason...

After the kid ran for over 190 yards in a game and basically won the game for them, he missed a meeting and he sat on the bench for most of the remainder of the season.

When I think of all the best NFL coaches, Shula, Walsh, Billichick I KNOW how they would have treated Wallace the VERY FIRST time he pulled that crap.

Just imagine how far up his arse Nick Saban, Mike Singletary or Mike Ditka would have shoved their feet...

Because that's what selfless players do to better them team around them. Hell, Tom Brady did and his production actually warrents a top salary.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

You don't even watch the games anymore, do you?

He doesnt when the falcons play at the same time

Yeah, you don't take pay cuts just because. If you're in a situation where the team is asking you to to go down to fair market value that's one thing, because you're not going to get that extra money either way. But that is not Wallace's situation. Wallace will get the $10 million we owe him plus probably another $40 million with $20 million guaranteed on the open market. And on top of that I don't think he even wants to be here anymore.

Not sure whats up with Brady. It seems like he cares a lot more about winning than the money. I might feel a little bad for him if Belichick pulls a Belichick and trades him with his nice low salary for a first round pick though.

I think this is a little bit different. Between Brady and his wife they're worth about half a billion dollars. They could retire, live off their bank and investments, and probably earn a cool $20 million a year in interest for the rest of their lives.

When you start looking for players whose quality is "he can get along with the coach and qb good so he is a good fit" you really discover how ****ty of a team you are bound to have.

Not to be difficult, brother, but I disagree. The Wallace signing was something Ireland did because "he had money and picks." Wallace isn't a #1. He just isn't. He's a vastly overrated guy as far as his skill set.

Don't get me wrong. I think the guy has heart. But it wasn't a great signing.

The post right below yours, shows you are playing games with numbers. Shadowed, really? When Wallace is on the field he commands the attention....your personal hate for Wallace really clouds your thinking, and your bias is blatant. Nothing objective from you. You just hate the guy, professionally and personally. Sad really.

Wallace receives the same attention from defenses that any speed threat would. He's nothing special.

He SHOULD NOT take a pay cut. Is it his fault he has a QB that can't get him the ball downfield? The Dolphins have some nerve asking him to do that.

Neither side is wrong here.

He SHOULD NOT take a pay cut. Is it his fault he has a QB that can't get him the ball downfield? The Dolphins have some nerve asking him to do that.
it is his fault for his ****ty attitude. it is his fault for not consistently catching balls that hit his hands. it is his fault for his lack of trying on 100% of plays.

Back
Top Bottom