Miami Herald reports Mike Wallace isn't open to taking a pay cut from the Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Herald reports Mike Wallace isn't open to taking a pay cut from the Dolphins

Bottom line, Mike Wallace is NOT a top 5 WR and shouldn't be paid as such. Heck, he's not even top 10.
I had reservations about the signing, mainly due to the negative history when signing high priced FA's. Obviously, there are exceptions, but Wallace isn't one of them.

The Fins offered him a contract and he left the Stealers and signed it. can't blame Wallace.
I think his attitude has a lot to do with Philbin. W should get rid of the HC.
Fox would know how to use Wallace.

and he will just go to New England and be Randy Moss 2.0

Lmao. Paging Ted Ginn Jr and Clyde Gates.

Haters will hate.

Ted Ginn Jr received the attention of Darrelle Revis in his prime with the Jets. Mike Wallace vs a Darrelle Revis led secondary in the Patriots this year, got Brandon Browner. :up:

LOL not true at all.

"Not true at all"? :chuckle: Prove it then. You're disagreements are quite petty when you continue to throw out merely words with no facts to back it up. Revis, although not exclusive, defended Landry far more than any other of our WR's. That is a fact. I don't have any game tape on hand but here's my proof.

Pre-game:

All teams across the NFL evolve as the season continues. For the Patriots opponent this weekend, part of the Miami Dolphins evolution is demonstrated in the form of wide receiver Jarvis Landry.

In Week One, the rookie was a mere afterthought in the Dolphins offense as he received only one target, caught zero passes and saw the most action returning kicks. But since that game, Landry has become one of the top targets in the Miami offense.

“It’s something new for us from playing them the first time. He’s in the mix now,” Darrelle Revis said. “He’s somebody you need to focus on and know where he’s at all times. They move him around a lot.”

Landry has developed into quarterback Ryan Tannehill’s No. 2 option behind Mike Wallace. He leads the Dolphins in receptions (63) and is second in targets (82), receiving yards (573) and receiving touchdowns (five).

“He’s been a go-to guy for them and someone that the quarterback trusts,” Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia said. “This guy has had a lot of production. It’s really actually just added another depth to their offense, another element that you now have to go out and try to defend. They’ll move him around enough where he’s not always going to be stagnant in one position. I think they’ve really kind of developed him in a good, complementary way to the system and he certainly will be an issue to deal with.”

http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...e-of-dolphins-wide-receiver-jarvis-landry.ece

Post-game:

I criticized quarterback Ryan Tannehill often for his lack of deep throws, so it’s only right that I complement his big plays against New England. Tannehill threw the deep ball as consistently as I’ve seen in his three seasons. He connected twice for 50 and 35 yards to Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace and drew a pass-interference penalty on Patriots cornerback Brandon Browner on another deep throw. Even two deep misses to receiver Brian Hartline and running back Damien Williams were not Tannehill's fault. It remains to be seen if this was an anomaly or a sign of things to come. The Dolphins should continue to try to take deep shots with Tannehill in the final two weeks to see if he can consistently execute.

Dolphins rookie receiver Jarvis Landry continues to impress. It was somewhat surprising that Belichick opted to put Revis on Landry often on third downs. That is a sign of respect for what Landry has done this season. Landry made a couple of catches over Revis and finished with eight receptions for 99 yards. The 2014 second-round pick has a bright future and will continue to get better.

Show of respect: Patriots coach Bill Belichick is good at providing interesting wrinkles and coaching adjustments. One change he made from the first meeting was to put Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis on Dolphins rookie receiver Jarvis Landry in the slot on key passing downs. Landry has really come on in the season's second half and entered the game leading Miami in receptions. That is a sign of respect from Belichick to put his best coverage player on Landry, who finished with eight catches for 99 yards.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/tag/_/name/darrelle-revis

You're turn. :snack:

It does work look at Belicheat's way of doing things. If Wallace quit then he should be terminated period.! can you tell the marquee Wr on New England? If he is making a power play to be release then release him and find some way to compensate for 800 yards and 10 tds, Maybe Dorian-Green Beckham might be an option this season.

Back
Top Bottom