Miami Herald | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Herald

I agree with everything he said... we have to draft a quarterback this year no exception Tannehill is not getting any younger and what if his knee blows out again?

Also from a scouting perspective, there very well is a better qb than what we have in house. Lets face it , we dont have Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Ben here. The ceiling is the concern. Is his ceiling good enough for multiple championships?

I agree with the article 100%, and I think it an absolute no brainer. I also would bet money we don’t do it. I can’t wait for the SR bowl, and the combine to get a better feel where these guys project.

Whether you love or hate Tannehill is really not the point, I have said on multiple occasions that the QB position cries out for competition in the worst way. My fear is that Miami goes out and picks up an aging QB in FA past his prime demanding an insane amount of money to come here and be a backup. We have to draft a QB folks, hell draft two if it makes you feel better I don't care, but hanging your hopes on one player has been shown to be tactically dangerous and a lack of vision. Let's be honest for a moment, the Dolphins are still a couple of years away from making any noise, with our current crop of players I expect us to go 8-8 next season while we rebuild this team and have no doubt about it we're rebuilding.......quietly, but the most important position on the field has been neglected while we have waited patiently for Tannehill to improve his play year after year. Now is this all on him? no! has Tannehill's play improve? yes, but by no means should we pass up a young QB if a good one falls to us in the draft, the position is to important. We seem to like collecting WRs, lets do the same for the QB position.

Maybe a picture of a top QB in the draft comes out of him smoking weed. It’s a shame that there are 3 to 4 teams that need QBs in front of us. But hopefully we get someone in the 2 or 3 round

Greg Cote nails it.

But let's keep spinning the wheel of mediocrity with Ryan Tannehill and "filling holes". It's worked out wonders thus far.

I get it, a reporter who doesn't understand a cap strapped team. To have $30-$40 million tied up in to one position and half of that sitting on the bench. that's a good move

Also stop being a me me first guy and go wish a fellow fan and his wife Good Luck.

I stopped reading after he said qb rich draft.

Most of these QBs in the draft suck. They’re getting propped up and some sad team will still suck.

I lied, I scanned thru the article more and he said trade down. Definite close out. Trading down leads to a bad team. I’d rather trade up for a potential all pro then trade down for filler players.

Boy you guys are sure building yourselves up for a let down come draft night...
Certainly not me, I am NOT expecting the Phins to take a QB early in the draft, however that does not take away from the importance of grooming one for the future.

Back
Top Bottom