Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tannchise, Jan 9, 2018.

1. mwestberry

mwestberry FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Build the TEAM....the QB will come...(I think we already have him)...do we need someone to groom? Absolutely....but we can win with Thill consistently if we have the right guys beside him

Focus on a stifling defense and a bruising running game with the flexibility to flash...drake has the flexibility to flash so pair him with a bruiser...

Many will say we have ALL these needs....I don't think so...I believe we need a solid foundation and build on it consistently instead of spreading ourselves across the board hoping to plug the leaks...

We have a QB, RB and receivers on offense to do the job...we want a tight end and, I agree, A weapon at TE would be really good...but that's not the be all end all for us...we can survive with what we have....our O-line needs help but is the talent we have there THAT bad or could it be the scheme and coaching that needs the biggest upgrade?..I don't know that...could we use better guard/center play? yes we do, but coaching, grooming and maybe the right free agent would go a long way.

Our DEFENSE is where our biggest problems are...IMO...be it the scheme, coaching or talent IT needs our focus...In order for our offense to make a difference we have to stop the opponent from using us as a practice team...We have to have a defense that stops the bleeding and allows us to execute an offensive game plan instead of chasing and playing catch up with the other team...they run us around at will (it seems) and impose their will on us...it tires the team out and demoralizes everybody from the coaches to the kicker.....STOP allowing the first downs and TOP to be our cross to bear....Make our IDENTITY ....HARD ROCK DEFENSE...(not trying to be cute but I believe a feared defense is our best weapon)

Build the foundation of a winning team by first stopping the enemy from advancing....it will do wonders for the attitude....do that and you will see what kind of QB and offense we really already have...the stats will come but more importantly the POINTS and point differential will swing in our favor more often than not....the most important stat

As always....IMO

FinaticalFinfan likes this.
  2. NYC#1finsfan

NYC#1finsfan #1DandyDanFan

3. FSU Truth

FSU Truth Taggart is my Homeboy Finheaven VIP

How many times are we going to post this damn article...

It is like that one piece of information Anti-Vaxxers keep bringing up.

4. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

KC didn't seem to think it was crazy drafting a potential replacement for a QB who wins. Only in Miami does Tannehill reach untouchable status.

5. jacquesstrap

jacquesstrap Well-Known Member

I agree with Cote. Tannehill is who or what he is. He is not a top 10 quarterback, but he is a middle of the road QB. The goal should not be just to maybe win the occasional wild card position but to consistently win the division and beyond. To do that, the QB has to be as good if not better than Brady.

6. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase Finheaven VIP

Yeah cause those grow on trees..

7. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

If your going to do it, make a clean sweep and clean house.

8. NYC#1finsfan

Oh, it's been posted before? Sorry to disturb you. Didn't see it on page 1 of the main posts. Dilly Dilly.

allsilverdreams and phish like this.
  9. Ren

Ren Rookie

I spit my water all over myself when I read that. Thanks for that.

Spiff and BIGRED11 like this.
  10. jazz015

jazz015 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Green Bay had Brett Favre and still drafted Rodgers. God forbid we ever put ourselves in the same position.

11. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

I believe Tannehill is good enough to win in the playoffs and I also think the knee won't be a problem. I would still be tempted to take Mayfield at 11, he instantly upgrades QB2 and could start eventually. You should be able to find able G's, LB's and TE's with the next 3 picks

12. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

I mean the guy was like 36 when they drafted AR and then played another three years before giving up the reins.

Tannehill is only 29 and that first round QB sitting 3 years is now a folk tale in todays NFL. Just doesn't happen.

rickd13 likes this.
  13. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

Personally, I think that unironically posting meme phrases created as marketing tools by an unethical international beverage conglomerate should be grounds for a ban, if not castration.

fin415 likes this.
  14. NYC#1finsfan

Quiet before I turn you into Bud Light!

GothicPhin likes this.
  15. FSU Truth

16. FSU Truth

Humans are 60 percent water so he is already more then halfway there.

fin415 and NorthernFin like this.
  17. NYC#1finsfan

I personally believe, that if healthy, Tannehill can do it with the right pieces around him. But this franchise has yet to show the ability to build a team from the ground up.

18. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

So we need to draft the next GOAT qb? yeah okay

19. daryl

daryl Well-Known Member Donator

The Dolphins never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity, so I’m skeptical that they will use a high pick on a QB despite a full season of proof that the backup QB these days is a major priority. You almost need a QB1 and a QB1(A) to make it through a season.

20. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

21. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

I like Tannehill but I go QB in round 1 if one of those guys is available. Doesn’t have to start day 1 / can be there to be developed.

BSQ likes this.
  22. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

I’m waiting for the next emmitt Smith, and Jerry rice

23. rudys119

rudys119 Starter

I agree that we need to draft a QB. Not to start right now, but to have that person that will eventualy take over or push Tannehill. I heard on the radio that over the last 10 years or so the Patriots have drafted 9 qb's and the Dolphins have drafted 5 over the same time. All the while the Pat's had Brady and we have had squat at QB. They have brady and they still know they need to have someone that is being groomed to be the next brady in waiting. Hell thats how they discovered brady. It was when Bledsoe went down and in came brady. The dolphins have been happy the last few years with Moore at backup and havent even given the postion a thought but as soon as there starter went down they knew they had NO QB. So why were even wasting space with Moore if we had no use for him other than holding a clip board. Worst comes to worse we have a really good backup but Tanny is doing great. Now we can do like the Patriots and have a great trade chip in either the backup or even Tannehill

24. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

The one thing about draft a qb to remember. Even if Tannehill remains the starter and the qb you draft is only a good back up, in todays NFL you can trade a backup qb for a starter at most other positions.

25. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

If you don't have a QB ranked in the top 10 then you need to keep looking. Tannehill is NOT a top 10 QB.

26. jlfin

jlfin old pro

And RT isn’t anything close to what Favre was. Favre is a HOFer.
    RT is a decent starter, but anytime you have the opportunity to draft a possible upgrade at the QB position, you jump at it.

Ilovemyfins4eva likes this.
  27. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

But he was “dropping dimes” last season until he got hurt.

Awsi Dooger likes this.
  28. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

Oh, finally! I'd been looking for a thread where people can express their disdain for Tannehill!

29. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Then we're doomed.

30. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

do u not remember that amazing 8 game stretch he had? everyone around the nfl was talking about it how awesome it was, i thought i was watching aaron rodgers out there. who cares about every other game hes played in his career, that 8 game stretch was who he is, and he didnt get hurt, we prob beat pittsburgh in the playoffs, and possibly go to the superbowl.

SuperMarksBros. and Dolph N.Fan like this.
  31. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

LMAO not sure if serious

Ilovemyfins4eva likes this.
  32. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

well i am not, but some people on this site act as if that is what happened.

we as dolphin fans all wish we had the next great qb, but i am sure u feel the same way, while i was watching tannehill last year in that '' incredible 8 game stretch where we went 7-1'', i never felt like i was watching something special. sure he made some nice throws, etc, he had some good games, but ppl on here would have u thinking that he played at some elite level, yet no one around the nfl other than some fans on here thought anything of it.

when i saw desaun watson play this year in the 7 -8 games he played in, i saw something special, and it was devastating for all nfl fans, and obviously texan fans when he went down with the torn acl. u think anyone really around the nfl took notice of tannehill being out this season? The dolphins finished 6-10, which they have finished at that or worse in 2 of tannehills 5 seasons as qb. Nothing out of the ordinary for this team.

Yessir and Dolph N.Fan like this.
  33. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Can you name me who's been better or as good as Tom Brady?

34. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'm a Tannehill supporter because he's our QB but we should always been looking to improve whenever we can and that includes the QB position. Now that doesn't mean that we have to draft one at 11 just to draft one. If there's someone there that they feel has elite talent then you have to at least consider it

Ozzy rules!!

35. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Report: Ryan Tannehill will be ready for OTAs
    [​IMG]
    The Miami Herald reports the "expectation" is that Ryan Tannehill (knee) will be ready for the start of the Dolphins' offseason program in April.

Tannehill is roughly five months removed from "partially" tearing his left ACL and undergoing surgery. It's hard to believe he will be full-go for OTAs — the Dolphins have no reason to be that aggressive — but it's looking like he could be 100 percent for training camp. With Tannehill sidelined, the Dolphins' offense took a major step back in 2017.

Ozzy rules!!

FSU Truth likes this.
  36. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I'm a fan of Ryan Tannehill's, but if you can find an upgrade at that position it makes sense.

Miami hasn't won a playoff game with Tannehill here. Not exactly his fault with the weaknesses on the roster, but the elite qb's can take you to that next level.

I think the big question becomes if any of the qb's in the draft would be an upgrade. The Dolphins might be able to get Mayfield or Jackson. I think the top two would require a trade up.

37. jbyrd850

jbyrd850 Rookie

Literally any person in the entire world with half a brain OR anyone who is a Dolphins fan and isn't completely brainwashed by this organization can see that Ryan Tannehill is the definition of mediocre.

This is the Dolphins though, where fans and the organization are so pathetic that if you draft a guy that can actually throw a touchdown, we will think he's our savior even though he sucks. That's how th Dolphins roll, I mean we had Fiedler, Rosenfells, Pennington, Lucas, and so on....so now that we've got Tannehill, praise the lord!!! Oh wait we still suck and never make the playoffs, but wait we just need to build this defense and oline, one day, eventually, when this team is stocked with pro bowlers and Tannehill is about 40 we may be decent lollllll.

38. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

giphyQQQQQQQQQQQC.gif

39. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

I would not pass on Baker Mayfield.

40. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

At least we know his name