Miami highlights from the past. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami highlights from the past.

1) Mark Clayton's 17th TD catch in 1984; against Dallas on a Monday night.
2) Nat Moore's helicopter catch.
3) The Hook and Ladder play.
4) AJ Duhe's 3 interceptions in the playoffs against the Jets.
5) Watching Richard Todd at the Brokerage Firm I worked for, getting slammed for throwing three interceptions against Miami. One of the Brokers introduced himself as AJ Duhe. Todd's reaction was pure joy for me. I laughed all day long at that.
6) Mark Duper's one handed TD catch, down the sidelines against the Jets.

There are so many more I could write a book.

Duper catching his third TD of the day (Dan's fifth) to beat the Rams in OT in Anaheim in '86. Was amazing seeing that shootout live. Fins won 37-31. The Marks Bros, Marino, Everett, Dickerson all went off that day.

1) Mark Clayton's 17th TD catch in 1984; against Dallas on a Monday night.
2) Nat Moore's helicopter catch.
3) The Hook and Ladder play.
4) AJ Duhe's 3 interceptions in the playoffs against the Jets.
5) Watching Richard Todd at the Brokerage Firm I worked for, getting slammed for throwing three interceptions against Miami. One of the Brokers introduced himself as AJ Duhe. Todd's reaction was pure joy for me. I laughed all day long at that.
6) Mark Duper's one handed TD catch, down the sidelines against the Jets.

There are so many more I could write a book.
1984 against the Cowboys one of my favorite games for sure.

Clayton getting his 18th breaking the record for TD catches and game winner that stood out in my memory after Dallas tied it at 21 with a little less than 2 minutes to go. 17th was special as well.

13:30 in Clayton gets 17
16:55 Clayton gets 18

Last edited:
1984 against the Cowboys one of my favorite games for sure.

Clayton getting his 18th breaking the record for TD catches and game winner that stood out in my memory after Dallas tied it at 21 with a little less than 2 minutes to go. 17th was special as well.

13:30 in Clayton gets 17
16:55 Clayton gets 18

I was living in New York at the time, watching the game with my father and brother. We also rooted for the New York Giants as our 2nd favorite team. Knowing the Giants needed a Miami win to get into the playoffs we were all stoked for that game.

When the game ended, I turned to my brother and jokingly said, "I bet the New York Newspapers have a "Thank You" article, thanking Miami For helping the Giants get into the playoffs. Well, to my surprise not only was there an article, but A HUGE BACKPAGE HEADLINE!!! Saying, THANK YOU. I couldn't believe my eyes. My father called my aunt in Florida, on Tuesday night to tell her, about the crazy coincidence. My uncle and aunt where on the phone with my entire family for over an hour talking about that game and how great Marino was. Just wanted to share that with my fellow Dolphins fans.

Back
Top Bottom