Miami is currently the #7 seed in AFC for playoffs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami is currently the #7 seed in AFC for playoffs

Just happy we are still relevant! We aren't good enough for the playoffs but we can compete.

Everyone keeps handing the AFC West the 2 wild cards but they all have a lot of games against each other. Anything can happen. I have faith.

Need to win all their remaining home games and win in San Diego ,Baltimore, and one of the other road games to have any real shot.

San Diego is going to be a brutal test, they will key in on stopping Ajayi and the Dolphins running game much like the Jets did. The Chargers did a good job slowing down a strong Titans running game. Mariota was able to hurt them some in the passing game but turned the ball over too many times. Rivers , Gordon and the Chargers offense was just too much for the Titans defense. IMO Tannhill and the passing game must have one of their best performances of the year to win next Sunday.

I am surprised to say that but that is a very likely scenario. We are on the brink of tremendous home field advantage. When I was at our preseason game and some 40k got lost in the stadium I already posted that there could be something brewing. The 40k were quite loud for 40k. The roof was a brilliant idea.

In our last 3 home games it was a steady improvement. The highlight of course were the delay of game penalty early in the game by Buffalo. The subsequent play almost had another delay of game penalty. I think Taylor snapped the ball with 1 sec left. The longer the Bills were on the LOS the louder we got.
The last game was an indication how it can be in the future. I estimate about 5-10k Jets fans which is rather low for that game and near capacity (I would guess about 6k under). It was really a glimpse into the future if the team continuous to do well.
The locals are beginning to come back. One game at a time. Make us believe again.

I started a similar thread yesterday and when I think about it, we do need to not worry about the west right now. We need to win our games and the rest will take care of itself

Ozzy rules!!

i'm just thrilled this team is giving us a season to be invested in. Much different feel than last few years.

We're not making the playoffs. We're not that good.

The other teams in the hunt for a WC are basically the same as Miami... Miami has a pretty good remaining schedule to make a run at this.

We'll lose a big game to the Ravens that ends our hopes. Seems to happen EVERY year

The team is fun to watch.

That in itself is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Tennessee lost to San Diego and they are 4-5 in the meantime. Before that loss, the head-to-head tiebreaker did not apply because there is a 3rd team involved (PIT). We had a better record (4-3) in the conference than TEN and PIT (both at 3-3) before the TEN-SD game. Now that TEN lost, the head-to-head with PIT applies and that's why we're still 7th. PIT is now 8th and BUF 9th.

Thanks. I'm too lazy to run through all the scenarios and tiebreakers.

We'll lose a big game to the Ravens that ends our hopes. Seems to happen EVERY year

Remind me not to take this guy to a party haha, That being said this team is starting to have a different feel 2 weeks in a row where we were down in the 4th and won, whens the last time thats happened here

The team is fun to watch.

That in itself is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Truer words have never been said. During the Jets game I found myself telling my friends, "I'm having so much fun watching this game." -Even the announcer Scot Hansen on Red Zone at one point said that was the most fun game of the weekend.

Somewhere as I tryped that, Tony Sparano just stared at a wall, with drool sloooooowly dripping out of his open mouth.

Truer words have never been said. During the Jets game I found myself telling my friends, "I'm having so much fun watching this game." -Even the announcer Scot Hansen on Red Zone at one point said that was the most fun game of the weekend.

Somewhere as I tryped that, Tony Sparano just stared at a wall, with drool sloooooowly dripping out of his open mouth.

You are so right. I am having fun watching. Wearing my Dolphins gear and people say to me Go Dolphins! I say yeah their understanding how to win consistently. I loved the WR pass attempt by Landry yes it failed but what gutsy call by Gase. The Dolphins are fun to watch again win or lose. This next game against the Chargers is critical. Defense must play balls out and hold them under 23 with a shot to win in the 4th 28 - 23. I feel it is possible. Just do your job and make few mistakes and see what happens! More fun games left. GO DOLPHINS!!!

Back
Top Bottom