Miami is efficient in red zone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami is efficient in red zone

I personally dont think the offense is better than people think, Tua is. This was the same offense under RF that had one of the worst red zone percentages and he had a healthy Preston Williams and Myles Gaskin... the only difference is Tua. Tua is doing more with less but it does seem like the team as a whole is getting better every week.

This team needs a cowbell RB and at least 1 more explosive WR to become great imo.

I see seperate the rest of the RZ offense from the QB...Brilliant...

:funny:

There's no doubt QB play has a massive impact on whether an offense can finish off a drive. I don't think that's really up for debate.
Massive?

Tell that to the OL! Maybe the RB. Let alone a few other players too!

Can't tell you how many times I've seen that fake goat (not EVEN remotely a lama)

Brady have like 5 seconds to mull around and "finally" make an astonishing throw

for 3yards to a wide open receiver! TD! Obviously 100% on the QB!

>>>nonsense!

Massive?

Tell that to the OL! Maybe the RB. Let alone a few other players too!

Can't tell you how many times I've seen that fake goat (not EVEN remotely a lama)

Brady have like 5 seconds to mull around and "finally" make an astonishing throw

for 3yards to a wide open receiver! TD! Obviously 100% on the QB!

>>>nonsense!
RT cannot throw a fade to save his life.

One of Tua biggest strength is how well he see's the field, and how quickly he stikes. Closer the offense gets to the redzone, the more dangerous he becomes.

Tua may not have the quick release of Dan Marino (how many do?), but the man can be scary inside the redzone...Someone comes open, he will see it, and by the time the defenders figure where he's going. Too late.

Wait till he start getting better deep threats, and they start allowing him to challenge deep.

There's no doubt QB play has a massive impact on whether an offense can finish off a drive. I don't think that's really up for debate.

But just in that Chargers game in the redzone you had all sorts of what I would consider "luck" plays. An offsides on a field goal attempt extends a drive, a bad snap ends another. Gailey made a call the faked out the entire Charger's defense with that Smythe td, and just before the first field goal attempt he made a call that was snuffed out immediately.

Just one of these events, none of which have anything to do with QB play, goes another direction and you have an entirely different narrative.
That Smythe TD was set up by our tendency to bootleg left all the way back to the Jets game

That Smythe TD was set up by our tendency to bootleg left all the way back to the Jets game
Exactly. Chan made a great call by setting it up with tendencies, then going against the grain in a big spot.

Expect more of that type thing. Chan may not be a spring chicken, but he knows slight of hand misdirection, and has always been innovative as an OC.

I think many remember his mediocrity as HC, and dismiss him as a coordinator because of it.

I see seperate the rest of the RZ offense from the QB...Brilliant...

:funny:
To be fair, @illscriptures probably just meant that a good QB can elevate the players around him.

I wouldn't disagree with that premise. It isn't, necessarily, an indictment of those other players.

To be fair, @illscriptures probably just meant that a good QB can elevate the players around him.

I wouldn't disagree with that premise. It isn't, necessarily, an indictment of those other players.

I think it’s a ridiculous post. Take away most efficient RZ QBs and what do those offenses look like without that signal caller? The two are linked. It’s one unit..It’s not Jakeem Grant and the rest of the ST unit.

I think it’s a ridiculous post. Take away most efficient RZ QBs and what do those offenses look like without that signal caller? The two are linked. It’s one unit..It’s not Jakeem Grant and the rest of the ST unit.
That's not what he was saying, as I interpreted it.

Maybe there is animosity from other exchanges.

I'll just leave it alone then.

One of Tua biggest strength is how well he see's the field, and how quickly he stikes. Closer the offense gets to the redzone, the more dangerous he becomes.

Tua may not have the quick release of Dan Marino (how many do?), but the man can be scary inside the redzone...Someone comes open, he will see it, and by the time the defenders figure where he's going. Too late.

Wait till he start getting better deep threats, and they start allowing him to challenge deep.
I don’t know about that, Tua has a very fast release. Currently 6th in the league according to Travis, and that will only get quicker as he gets even more mastery over the offense. Very good for a rookie with only 4 starts. He makes decisions quickly and when he does that ball flies out into usually a tight window where only his guy can make a play on the ball.

I don’t know about that, Tua has a very fast release. Currently 6th in the league according to Travis, and that will only get quicker as he gets even more mastery over the offense. Very good for a rookie with only 4 starts. He makes decisions quickly and when he does that ball flies out into usually a tight window where only his guy can make a play on the ball.
Don't confuse "time elapsed til throw" with "quick release".

Very few ever had Marino's compact release. There was no "windup". Just a single motion.

Tua's is pretty good, relatively speaking, but let's not get carried away.

And a good play call

But just in that Chargers game in the redzone you had all sorts of what I would consider "luck" plays. An offsides on a field goal attempt extends a drive, a bad snap ends another. Gailey made a call the faked out the entire Charger's defense with that Smythe td, and just before the first field goal attempt he made a call that was snuffed out immediately.

Just one of these events, none of which have anything to do with QB play, goes another direction and you have an entirely different narrative.
I agree a certain amount of luck is needed, but that Gailey Smythe TD call was good play calling both times. Once luck, twice not so sure.

Back
Top Bottom