Miami is efficient in red zone | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami is efficient in red zone

And a good play call

I agree a certain amount of luck is needed, but that Gailey Smythe TD call was good play calling both times. Once luck, twice not so sure.
I'm getting the impression different ppl have varied definitions of "luck".

I think it’s a ridiculous post. Take away most efficient RZ QBs and what do those offenses look like without that signal caller? The two are linked. It’s one unit..It’s not Jakeem Grant and the rest of the ST unit.

Lol. You have quantifiable proof of my statement. RF played with same exact offense and was less efficient. I think it is more ridiculous that the stats state we have been more efficient with Tua all around, including the endzone, yet you refuse to attribute the change to Tua.

Had I said that it was due to our new RB Ahmed, that would have been ridiculous, but Tua controls every play. I think to deny my statement would mean that you think the offense became efficient on it's own and that the fact that our numbers in efficiency in the redzone improved when Tua was inserted is pure coincidence which would be ignorant in my opinion.

I am not completely discounting the progression of the unit as a whole but I am also not ignoring the obvious improvement due to Tua's insertion in the starting lineup.

You are essentially implying that if RF had been starting this whole time that this offense would be just as efficient, when the stats show that when he was the starter we clearly weren't. While my statement may seem presumptive, what your implying is not supported by facts or stats, you are simply denying the correlation I am stating as ridiculous when it is possibly coincidental at worst, but not ridiculous or inconceivable.

I agree with Mach, I think you are butthurt from when I have made you look less than stellar during our previous exchanges. You are the figurarive Fitzpatrick to my Tua on this forum so the bitterness is understandable, now get back to the bench where you belong before you throw 3 interceptions in one game. Love you, bye.

Last edited:
Lol. You have quantifiable proof of my statement. RF played with same exact offense and was less efficient. I think it is more ridiculous that the stats state we have been more efficient with Tua all around, including the endzone, yet you refuse to attribute the change to Tua.

Had I said that it was due to our new RB Ahmed, that would have been ridiculous, but Tua controls every play. I think to deny my statement would mean that you think the offense became efficient on it's own and that the fact that our numbers in efficiency in the redzone improved when Tua was inserted is pure coincidence which would be ignorant in my opinion.

I am not completely discounting the progression of the unit as a whole but I am also not ignoring the obvious improvement due to Tua's insertion in the starting lineup.

You are essentially implying that if RF had been starting this whole time that this offense would be just as efficient, when the stats show that when he was the starter we clearly weren't. While my statement may seem presumptive, what your implying is not supported by facts or stats, you are simply denying the correlation I am stating as ridiculous when it is possibly coincidental at worst, but not ridiculous or inconceivable.

I agree with Mach, I think you are butthurt from when I have made you look less than stellar during our previous exchanges. You are the figurarive Fitzpatrick to my Tua on this forum so the bitterness is understandable, now get back to the bench where you belong before you throw 3 interceptions in one game. Love you, bye.

Yeah! Wrong poster! I have never in my life placed Fitz as the pennacle of what a QB should aspire to. I've numerous times stated that his lack has cost us against the Bills and Seattle, specifically. I've routinely said his lack in reading defenses and going through progession has limited our offense bigtime.

Wrong tree..

Yeah! Wrong poster! I have never in my life placed Fitz as the pennacle of what a QB should aspire to. I've numerous times stated that his lack has cost us against the Bills and Seattle, specifically. I've routinely said his lack in reading defenses and going through progession has limited our offense bigtime.

Wrong tree..

Lol. To be honest, I was just trying to trigger you. It is fun to see you go cray cray sometimes and I also never forget a pretty face.

I do feel like you are implying what I stated by denying that Tua is largely guilty for our improvement in the RZ though.

Lol. To be honest, I was just trying to trigger you. It is fun to see you go cray cray sometimes and I also never forget a pretty face.

I do feel like you are implying what I stated by denying that Tua is largely guilty for our improvement in the RZ though.

Yeah, Somewhere wires got crossed. Clearly, My previous post stated that Fitz lack has been holding us back and i mentioned the Seattle game specificlly. We were in the RZ like 3-4 times and came away with FGs. If we had a more competent QB we likely win that game. Tua has been taking advantage of the RZ opportunity.

Thus it seems obvious that a more capable QB elevates the entire offense from goal to goal including the RZ.

What are the all around stats you are referring to?

Carolina is a really well coached team. There isn't a whole lot of talent there but they play for Rhule and don't make a whole lot of mistakes.

That being said I do think there's a fair amount of luck involved in red zone efficiency. Its such a small sample size that a few chance occurrences can swing it one way or another.
A win for them this week could be good for us in two ways. Helps with the Houston picks. And make for a possible trade down partner if there is a QB on the board.

I don’t know about that, Tua has a very fast release. Currently 6th in the league according to Travis, and that will only get quicker as he gets even more mastery over the offense. Very good for a rookie with only 4 starts. He makes decisions quickly and when he does that ball flies out into usually a tight window where only his guy can make a play on the ball.

I have no doubt Tua is very fast, and will get much faster, but what Dan used to do was insane...As I once stated, he was like a Cobra, Waiting...Waiting...Bam!! Just like that, a completion.

If you were a defense, it was very demoralizing, and sad, knowing how increadibly tough it was to sack Marino.

Tua may never reach that speed, but I am sure once he actually starts getting more comfortable, he will get close, but Tua will add another eliment Marino never had...On top of also having having that Marino sixth sense of where and when that pass-rush is coming, Tua also moves around well in that pocket, and has great escapability to give himself a chance.

Lets all just sit back and enjoy the creation and development of another great Dolphins QB.

Carolina is a really well coached team. There isn't a whole lot of talent there but they play for Rhule and don't make a whole lot of mistakes.

That being said I do think there's a fair amount of luck involved in red zone efficiency. Its such a small sample size that a few chance occurrences can swing it one way or another.

Here is the full list of Sunday's inactives:
Panthers
  • QB Teddy Bridgewater
  • RB Christian McCaffrey
  • LT Russell Okung
  • RG John Miller
  • CB Donte Jackson
  • S Sam Franklin

^^^Going to be tough to win without those players.

Back
Top Bottom