Miami Keeping Joe Philbin Is Smart | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Keeping Joe Philbin Is Smart

Since you think the statement is funny, name them with a realistic argument for being better. Finally, why do you think they are available and willing to work for Ross.

Jim Harbaugh- Met with Ross years ago but wanted to stay close to home because he just had a child. Was out for the money, and less organizational bull****, this time around. He accepted a contract to work for Ross...just at Michigan.

Todd Bowles- Turned chicken **** into chicken soup. Without Daryl Washington, Karlos Dansby, Darnell Dockett, and a gimped Calais Campbell and a struggling Patrick Peterson, he still turned out a top ranked defense that carried a team using 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks into the playoffs. How do i know he'd work for Ross? He already has. He went 2-1 as our intern head coach and was a finalist for the job before Ross went all Ross and choose Philbin.

Mike Shanahan- wants to return if the team has a quarterback in place and an hands off owner. Seeing as how we have Tannehill and Ross is an absentee owner, that fits(though hes not my choice). Recall, Shanahan was rumored to want Washington to sit put during the 2012 draft and take Tannehill at 6.

Rex Ryan- Getting the opportunity to play against the team that just "screwed him" twice a year? Yeah.

Gary Kubiak- Desperately wants another shot at head coaching and we have some of the talent needed to run his chosen offense. And we have a connection to Kubs through John Benton.

And there are plenty of first time candidates itching to work somewhere. Dan Quinn has publicly spoken out about his desire to get a head coaching job and his willingness to interview basically anywhere(and Tannenbaum, Ross' close adviser, is his agent). Frank Reich is a former AFC East quarterback possibly ready to make the jump from OC to HC. Darrell Bevell has been in the running for years and will get a look given his body of work and ability to adapt offenses to fit team strengths.

Of course, this just covers guys who would undoubtedly be intrigued by the job. People choose to forget teams hire coaches who "aren't interested" all the time. Anyone recall that long lost time of 2 years ago when Andy Reid was locked into the Arizona Cardinals job? The Chiefs intercepted him while he was at the airport, sequestered a room, and worked him over the entire afternoon while Arizona sat around checking its watch. Mike Shanahan refused to work for Washington until Dan Synder and company showed up at his door step in the middle of the night, drunk out of their minds, and spent the following day selling him to the job over breakfast burritos. Ken Whisenhunt was heading to Detroit before his agent frantically contacted him with Tennessee's fully guaranteed contract offer. This is a common practice in the league. Think David Shaw or Gus Malzahn would completely shoot us down if we offer them a Harbaugh like deal(Ross was rumored to offer him $8 million a year)? They might not accept the job, but they'd be more than willing to listen.

If Dan Synder can consistently attract big name head coaches, then Ross shouldnt have any problems. Ross' faults aren't that he undermines his coaches, its that he isnt here and is ****ing clueless. Many potential coaches would consider that a plus. We are a historic franchise set in a world famous location that has a talented quarterback, all our draft picks, some cap space, and is not a full blown rebuilding job. We are a coveted job. People really need to have a higher opinion of this franchise.

edit: forgot "how they are better" than a 23-25 coach. I'll do this one quick:

Harbaugh- duh.
Bowles- inventive, flexible, daring play caller who gains his players respect and admiration, undoubtedly because he was a player. Stark contrast to "Queasy" Joe.
Quinn- followed up a historic 2013 campaign with a brilliant 2014 season. Defense would undoubtedly improve.
Shanahan- gets the most out his quarterbacks and can do a standup job...as long as he doesnt get complacent. Getting ****canned should solve that in the short term.
Kubs- proven offensive mind whose teams have shown to put up some points(disclaimer: when their quarterback isn't having a mental breakdown). At least our run game would improve.
Rex Ryan- players love playing for him(again: stark contrast to Joe) and hes a fine defensive mind. Not having our players in a constant state of borderline mutiny would be a positive.

...and etc, etc, etc, but i dont feel as strongly about Reich or Bevell. Of those listed above and still available, i want Bowles. Beyond impressed with his steady climb. Also Malzahn, i think he has the chops to make the jump, but it seems hes "all in" for another NCAA Championship run. Would love for us to make a run at him next offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd Bowles- Turned chicken **** into chicken soup. Without Daryl Washington, Karlos Dansby, Darnell Dockett, and a gimped Calais Campbell and a struggling Patrick Peterson, he still turned out a top ranked defense that carried a team using 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks into the playoffs. How do i know he'd work for Ross? He already has. He went 2-1 as our intern head coach and was a finalist for the job before Ross went all Ross and choose Philbin.
...Of those listed above and still available, i want Bowles. Beyond impressed with his steady climb.

Kind of makes me sick that he was here and primed to take the team but Wrong-Turn Ross picked the crypt keeper. He actually did quite well after Meatball got canned. Dammit!

Kind of makes me sick that he was here and primed to take the team but Wrong-Turn Ross picked the crypt keeper. He actually did quite well after Meatball got canned. Dammit!
Ross is clueless and the problem

Back
Top Bottom