Miami Keeping Joe Philbin Is Smart | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Keeping Joe Philbin Is Smart

I don't think Marvin Lewis is the problem in Cincinnati. That's a ridiculous conclusion.

Well Sparano got a 4th year he didn't deserve too.

You're to be taken seriously...

I think it's time for me to start thinking about the future of the Harbaugh spam. I've got some ideas. It's become such a valuable and important component of this board now and it needs to be preserved.

You're to be taken seriously...

Why are you creating posts I didn't make and pasting them everywhere? I tried clicking on the arrow in that box and it took my to a post created by mrhankey. I'm guessing that's what you used?

You don't think Philbin's the problem here and it's our QB, so there ya go.

I thought Ireland was the problem here. If you find the battery is dead in your car there really isn't any point in troubleshooting further.

Lets see....eliminated from playoffs last year in Week 17.... this season eliminated in Week 16. Yep "progress". 9 wins or not, this team went backward this season.

I don't think Marvin Lewis is the problem in Cincinnati. That's a ridiculous conclusion.

Of course he is.. he's the coaching counterpart of Melty Ice when it comes to minimizing top talent when it needs to be maximized most.

Of course he is.. he's the coaching counterpart of Melty Ice when it comes to minimizing top talent when it needs to be maximized most.

If you don't win a playoff game in 11 years...and you're the only constant variable, you might just be the problem.

How many playoff wins does Bruce Ariens need to get with Carson Palmer/Drew Stanton at QB to be considered a good coach?

Lewis has won 4 division championships, with an opportunity at a 5th tomorrow night, in a tough division. He accomplished this with 2 different QBs, neither of which are elite, to say the least. And both of his coordinators were promoted to head coaching positions last season. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

SoS, if I could, I'd give you a hundred thumbs up for this post. Matt Chatham tells it exactly as it is. Nice find.

SoS.... Maybe you can be the one guy to defend Philbin and answer the following question: what does Philbin bring to the table as a head coach that would make an owner want to keep him? Under Mr. Philbin our defense has gotten worse year after year. Under Philbin we haven't made the playoffs. Philbin is easily one of the worst coaches in the league as far as clock management. What does Philbin do well? Please don't say keeping him helps our continuity. That's not a coaching skill. Tell me something he does well..... He's not a motivator. His teams have choked continuously in big games. Please..... Defend this guy to me.

Lets see....eliminated from playoffs last year in Week 17.... this season eliminated in Week 16. Yep "progress". 9 wins or not, this team went backward this season.

Thats a simplistic way of viewing it.....yes.

But is this a simple matter or decision?

Is it a matter best judged by simpletons?

Was the schedule of equal difficulty in 2013/2014?

We're the injuries incurred equal in both years?

Did the team still have glaring holes late in the season in the O-line and defense that greatly handicapped the teams ability to win big games against good football teams?

Do you feel....despite a similar end result in record and playoff shortfalls....that this team overall and its young quarterback have improved and are on the right track?

These are all questions you should examine and consider in this matter.

Look...we all...including myself fall into the trap of impatience. This is an ever growing impatient world we live in.

One more year is proper in my estimation....the holes should be filled....the excuses will be gone....and the goals should finally be reached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom