Miami Keeping Joe Philbin Is Smart | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Keeping Joe Philbin Is Smart

The only reason why it was smart to keep Philbin is because it coincides with the end of Hickey's contract. If (when?) the team fails to make the playoffs next year Ross can finally do what he should have done when he first bought the team and that is clean out the coaching staff from top to bottom.

The only reason why it was smart to keep Philbin is because it coincides with the end of Hickey's contract. If (when?) the team fails to make the playoffs next year Ross can finally do what he should have done when he first bought the team and that is clean out the coaching staff from top to bottom.

Wha? Hickey did great. why are you crapping on him? Hickey is the best thing Ross has ever done , and that's not saying much.

Sorry, but I don't want the reincarnation of Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett - 2 coaches who require top 5 talent at nearly all positions in order to be successful. It's actually an apt comparison for Philbin and one reason I want him gone. He's a coach who will lead an absolutely loaded roster to the playoffs and fail to progress past the first round.

That is the most dangerous type of coach, IMO, because it essentially guarantees wasted talent and wasted years... Especially when you have Mr. Magoo running things.

How many playoff wins does Bruce Ariens need to get with Carson Palmer/Drew Stanton at QB to be considered a good coach?

Lewis has won 4 division championships, with an opportunity at a 5th tomorrow night, in a tough division. He accomplished this with 2 different QBs, neither of which are elite, to say the least. And both of his coordinators were promoted to head coaching positions last season. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

How is this impressive? Lewis has been in the league as a HC for how long and still hasn't won the Superbowl. Aint nothing worse than whoops close but no cigar.

We'll see....if he falls short next year the excuses are over.

Ross clearly said he has one more year....I think he means to make something good happen.

If he fails....this will be an attractive situation to a number of top coaches in 2016.

Man, it's so awesome we can count on winning 8 games every year

We'll see....if he falls short next year the excuses are over.

Ross clearly said he has one more year....I think he means to make something good happen.

If he fails....this will be an attractive situation to a number of top coaches in 2016.

Ross said the exact same thing last year. He is not to be taken at his word. He WILL find a way to delude himself into thinking Philbin is the guy even if the team falls short again

His contract is over after this season...I truly think Ross meant that....get it done or changes are coming.

That's like the boy that grabs the girl's butt and she acts upset and says to the boy "I give you 2 hours to get your hands off my butt"

I got caught up in the discussion on who could replace Joe. However, I always though Ross would keep him with 8 wins or more. I would have kept him with 9 wins, but not less.

I am not surprised he is back. I think he is a lousy coach, but Ross was going to stay with him anyways.

He's the coach.....and that is not going to change. It might be time for some therapy for many of you..........

yeah us critics shouldnt be critiquing a team thats missed the playoffs 13 of the last 14 years and hasnt made the playoffs for 6 straight years. good job all around, and congrats to ross for having the vision and foresight to bring back his coach. football is so complex and us idiot fans just dont understand that the dolphins have indeed made progress this past decade and are well on their way to winning 10 games sometime before 2025.

Can you understand that Philbin has not been the coach for the last 14 years nor Hickey the GM? Or even for the last 6? Point made. :D

How many playoff wins does Bruce Ariens need to get with Carson Palmer/Drew Stanton at QB to be considered a good coach?

Lewis has won 4 division championships, with an opportunity at a 5th tomorrow night, in a tough division. He accomplished this with 2 different QBs, neither of which are elite, to say the least. And both of his coordinators were promoted to head coaching positions last season. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Thanks for making my point...Lewis has never won a post season game in 5 tries even though 2 of those seasons ended in the same 11 wins that Bruce Arians sat at home in a tougher division. Not a single front office or fanbase (including the Bengal from what I read on their forums) would take Lewis over Arians.

And as to him winning with 2 mediocre qbs.... then certainly Philbin should have won the last 2 seasons with a better one! Oh wait... if he was a better field coach he would have!

Back
Top Bottom