Miami might trade no. 2 overall pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami might trade no. 2 overall pick?

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11313078.htm

theres the link...doesnt really tell much that no one knew but i'd thought i'd share it with ya all

My opinion i think the redskins are gonna wanna move up...my dad lives in dc and has heard several rumors saying that there severely high on braylon edwards...i dont think they have a first round pick this year but trading down 7 spots we could still probobly seal one of the top 3 backs and pick up a 3rd and 6th round pick for moving down which would help out alot

Buddwalk said:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11313078.htm

theres the link...doesnt really tell much that no one knew but i'd thought i'd share it with ya all

My opinion i think the redskins are gonna wanna move up...my dad lives in dc and has heard several rumors saying that there severely high on braylon edwards...i dont think they have a first round pick this year but trading down 7 spots we could still probobly seal one of the top 3 backs and pick up a 3rd and 6th round pick for moving down which would help out alot

I don't think they have enough ammo....

I guess they'd give us Rod Gardner but what else do they have. They won't give us Samuels anymore.

if we move down to #9, we get their first and second this year and their first next - at least... that probably isn't even enough

finsnchips said:
if we move down to #9, we get their first and second this year and their first next - at least... that porbably isn't even enough

That's enough... You have to look outside the box when it comes to that stupid draft value chart which I wish they never released in 03 (Cardinals released it).

finsnchips said:
if we move down to #9, we get their first and second this year and their first next - at least... that porbably isn't even enough

And they get?

Nothing is worth that much.

Our best bet is for Mike Tice with the Vikes to get a hard on for Braylon Edwards to be the new big receiver in his offense. With Randy Moss gone it might be tempting to package his 2 number ones and go for a kill shot.

However, his big problem is defense and with 2 number ones he's in a great position to really address that.

So... I say that if the Chiefs offer a 4th this year and a 2nd next year based on Surtain starting 50% of their games we take it. Then next year when the Chiefs suck again we'll have a high 1st pick (hey, we're not gonna be any better!) and two high 2nds. That's 3 quality players out of the top 64 college players in the nation. THAT's when you draft your QB and young DT and CB.

finsnchips said:

are you sane...there only moving up 7 spots in a weak draft

at most they can give us a player and a pick...there not gonna be stupid

perezferia said:
And they get?

Nothing is worth that much.

Our best bet is for Mike Tice with the Vikes to get a hard on for Braylon Edwards to be the new big receiver in his offense. With Randy Moss gone it might be tempting to package his 2 number ones and go for a kill shot.

However, his big problem is defense and with 2 number ones he's in a great position to really address that.

So... I say that if the Chiefs offer a 4th this year and a 2nd next year based on Surtain starting 50% of their games we take it. Then next year when the Chiefs suck again we'll have a high 1st pick (hey, we're not gonna be any better!) and two high 2nds. That's 3 quality players out of the top 64 college players in the nation. THAT's when you draft your QB and young DT and CB.
No - we hold until the Chefs, er Chiefs, offer the 2nd round pick, which is fair. If they don't give us the second, we keep PS, then franchise him next year. Then, we get 'stuck' with Surtain in uniform for another year, which is OK, to say the least. He certainly doesn't suck at CB, so worst case scenario means he still plays for us next year, and for as many years as we choose after that.

Buddwalk said:
are you sane...there only moving up 7 spots in a weak draft

at most they can give us a player and a pick...there not gonna be stupid

Those 7 spots are expensive

cowtowndick said:
No - we hold until the Chefs, er Chiefs, offer the 2nd round pick, which is fair. If they don't give us the second, we keep PS, then franchise him next year. Then, we get 'stuck' with Surtain in uniform for another year, which is OK, to say the least. He certainly doesn't suck at CB, so worst case scenario means he still plays for us next year, and for as many years as we choose after that.

doubt it...i think the chiefs will buy if not...seattle will game day and shaun alexander will be in a phins uniform

Jaj said:
I guess they'd give us Rod Gardner but what else do they have. They won't give us Samuels anymore.
OK, I have to ask - why Andrew Walter??? Didn't he put up mediocre numbers, then have surgery, and now he's not even ready to throw? Absolutely no disrespect intended, but are you related to him or his agent?

cowtowndick said:
OK, I have to ask - why Andrew Walter??? Didn't he put up mediocre numbers, then have surgery, and now he's not even ready to throw? Absolutely no disrespect intended, but are you related to him or his agent?

I'll send you a PM tommorow explaining. Oh by the way his workout is Wednesday so wait for news from that. No I'm not related to him.

DonShula84 said:
Those 7 spots are expensive
thank you... very expensive.

The Saints traded 9 picks for 1 to move up a few places to draft Ricky Williams!!

Budd, I am totally sane... #2 for #9, a 2nd and future first is a legit deal. If the 'Skins really love Braylon that's more that likely what they'll have to give up.

As for the draft chart, I am aware it is overrated, I was using it as a rough guide. Although bare is mind... #2 = #4 and #12 on that chart.

Back
Top Bottom