Miami Mock Before Combine(trade ahead) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Mock Before Combine(trade ahead)

I too am not in favor of trading up. I would personally sit at 5 and take the BPA. But I don't think Ross is going for that. I'm projecting what I think the TEAM will do. Not me. I just personally believe Ross is gonna twist Griers' arm to make Tua a Dolphin. One way, or another.
I agree. Tua is going to happen unless Cincinnati takes him @#1.

Here's a question. If Miami doesn't trade up for Tua, will another team? I think the Raiders or Chargers could. If that happens, then will a team want to leapfrog the Dolphins to draft Herbert?

In other words, standing pat and picking at #5 could cost the team a shot at Tua and Herbert. I guess that's the kind of question GM's have to deal with.

I think that if Tua is drafted at #2, and another team that is targeting Herbert wants to move to #3 or #4....that means Chase Young or Jeff Okudah is on the board at #5. I'm not a big Chase Young fan (I swear I'm not crazy), but I'd consider taking Okudah at #5 if we get leapfrogged twice before our #5 pick.

Another scenario is that a team can target Miami as a trading partner for a QB. If Tua is gone by #5, maybe teams like the Chargers, Colts, Panthers, Jags or even Raiders would give us a premium (I'm thinking multiple 1st/2nd rounders) to trade up and draft Herbert. With Fitz coming back, It's not crazy to think that Miami punts on a QB this year and targets Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, or next year's Joe Burrow if we can get a really good value on our #5 pick.

I think that if Tua is drafted at #2, and another team that is targeting Herbert wants to move to #3 or #4....that means Chase Young or Jeff Okudah is on the board at #5. I'm not a big Chase Young fan (I swear I'm not crazy), but I'd consider taking Okudah at #5 if we get leapfrogged twice before our #5 pick.

Another scenario is that a team can target Miami as a trading partner for a QB. If Tua is gone by #5, maybe teams like the Chargers, Colts, Panthers, Jags or even Raiders would give us a premium (I'm thinking multiple 1st/2nd rounders) to trade up and draft Herbert. With Fitz coming back, It's not crazy to think that Miami punts on a QB this year and targets Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, or next year's Joe Burrow if we can get a really good value on our #5 pick.
It's an interesting scenario, but not one I think the front office would like.

I don't really get this statement. The Chiefs gave up 2 firsts and a third to get Mahomes, do you think for a moment they regret doing that. If you think you have your guy a QB, you pay what you need to to get him. Sometimes you end up with a lousy deal because you used draft capital to get a Turbisky or a Darnold but you can also win a superbowl because you picked up a Mahomes or a Wentz.

It's a roll of the dice, but if there were ever a time to roll that dice it's in the year where we have 3 first round picks on a player who would be out of our reach had he not suffered a injury. We're lucky to still be in with a good chance of taking him and spurning that chance is so what we've been guilty of doing for the past 20 or so years, time to change track, that track wasn't working.

Very true except Mahomes wasn't an injury risk like Tua is currently being seen as.

I wouldn't mind this. Burrow or Herbert. If we can't get either of them, we could still pick up Tua with our second, 2nd round pick. I'm sure he will still be there. Nobody likes often injured, dwarf QB's anyway. Well, maybe Arizona....

Jordan Reid
@JReidNFL

#Dolphins picks:
5. QB – Tua Tagovailoa
18. EDGE – A.J. Epenesa
26. OT – Josh Jones
39. RB – D'Andre Swift
56. S – Antoine Winfield Jr.

One of my favorite hauls.

If our first 5 picks looked like this I would be happy, Tua's injury should allow him to slide to 5 if not then the Dolphins should look to get another 1st in 2021 by moving down into the middle of the 1st and grab another OT or catch one of the better receivers slipping down the draft and look to 2021 and the 3 1st we have there to find our QB.

Even if we were forced to take a player at 5 and both Tua and Burrows were gone theres still - Young, Okudah, Simmons, Brown - one of them would still be there.

Draft capital is what the Dolphins having going for it now we should be extremely careful how we use it.

Jordan Reid
@JReidNFL

#Dolphins picks:
5. QB – Tua Tagovailoa
18. EDGE – A.J. Epenesa
26. OT – Josh Jones
39. RB – D'Andre Swift

If our first 5 picks looked like this I would be happy, Tua's injury should allow him to slide to 5 if not then the Dolphins should look to get another 1st in 2021 by moving down into the middle of the 1st and grab another OT or catch one of the better receivers slipping down the draft and look to 2021 and the 3 1st we have there to find our QB.

Even if we were forced to take a player at 5 and both Tua and Burrows were gone theres still - Young, Okudah, Simmons, Brown - one of them would still be there.

Draft capital is what the Dolphins having going for it now we should be extremely careful how we use it.

Agree, that would be one heck of a start to the draft.

Swift is really starting to grow on me. I wasn’t for using a 1st or 2nd on a skill position but the more I watch of him the more I like him.

Jordan Reid
@JReidNFL

#Dolphins picks:
5. QB – Tua Tagovailoa
18. EDGE – A.J. Epenesa
26. OT – Josh Jones
39. RB – D'Andre Swift

Said recently that I like Reid, and I like all these players, but I don't like this mock outside of Tua and Jones. Imo 4 of the top 5 picks should go to offense - not counting RB. So, I see 3 out of the 5 as luxury picks.

Tbh I find the whole hole-filling approach to most professional mocks to be very boring and uninspired.

Said recently that I like Reid, and I like all these players, but I don't like this mock outside of Tua and Jones. Imo 4 of the top 5 picks should go to offense - not counting RB. So, I see 3 out of the 5 as luxury picks.

Tbh I find the whole hole-filling approach to most professional mocks to be very boring and uninspired.
I kind of feel the opposite way personally. I would like to see Tua, a solid OT in Rd 1 or 2, and basically the rest on D...Our D is absolutely putrid and I believe has far less talent than our offense does.

You butchered it after the first round

Back
Top Bottom