Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen

Blind hate? Na. I dont hate athletes, not even Krapernick. As a player for my favorite team, never bought into him and whatever perceived value he brings.

Again, I was happy Arizona drafted him. And that was with my known issues with Tannehill as starter.

I just fundamentally disagree with your premise. And that is based on what I seen of him off and on at UCLA, the few games I seen while he was in Arizona and the face plant he did in Davie.

Hate? Blind? Just never sold on the guy.

I get it; I'm just not sure you understand what my premise is. The only thing I'm arguing *against* is that Rosen doesn't merit a spot on the roster. That's just crazy talk.

And to be honest, I haven't seen anything to show me that Rosen is going to suddenly take off and become a good NFL starting QB. My assertion is that the notion of getting rid of him is even more silly than thinking he'll become an "elite" QB. Because...here's the thing: The youngest QB to ever start an NFL game is Sam Darnold. Second? Drew Bledsoe. Rosen is third. He started an NFL game months before his 22nd birthday. I firmly believe most of his issues are centered in maturity and self-confidence.

Do you remember what you were like when you were 22? I had failed out of college, lacked any shred of self-confidence, and was driving a beat-up 1966 Fairlane that caught fire on a fairly regular basis. I was working at a convenience store in Southern NJ, living with my sister while I floundered through county college, debating about whether I should try to go back to a four-year school or join the military.

About six years later, I had my graduate degree, was working for a PR boutique in Manhattan, handling press at a gala at the Waldorf-Astoria, and conversing (briefly) with the eventual 45th President and First Lady of the United States. The longer version of that story reveals that I simply stopped being an immature ***hole, got my crap together, got some self-confidence, got to work, and caught a LOT of lucky breaks. And it all started very quickly, like a switch turning on. Some people are just like that.

Is Josh Rosen like that? I have no idea. There's a saying from a movie, "We all get the call to stop playing the child's game. Some of us get it when we're 14, some get it when we're 40. But we all get the call." The cool thing is, the Dolphins can literally hold on to Rosen for the next two seasons for next to nothing to see if he gets the call and the switch flips on. It's not blind loyalty, and Rosen hasn't earned jack squat. He doesn't factor into their long-term QB plans unless he makes drastic improvements in that time, and I'm comfortable with him as a backup or third-string QB for the next two seasons if he never pans out...and then wave goodbye to him in 2022.

It's all upside, no risk for the Fins to keep him.

Last edited:
Bet ya wish you still had that 1966 Fairlane...lol

DSC_0992-940x636.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MD
Bet ya wish you still had that 1966 Fairlane...lol

View attachment 38345

It gets worse; I had a 1974 Charger with a 440 Magnum and a bubble hood that I sold when I went back to school. I sold it because I commuted my first semester, and it was a pig. I bought a CRX with what I got back. The muscle car market exploded seemingly the next day. That car would probably be a nice down payment on a house today.

On the bright side, that CRX got over 30 mpg and never left me stranded anywhere. Hurricane Floyd put it under water in 1999, and I managed to get it started the next day, and drove it to a junkyard, blowing out white smoke like a mosquito fogger. The guy who took it said, "I had about 20 cars come in here today...but that's the only one that drove in."

Dude was such a steal for a second round pick....NOT.

I get it; I'm just not sure you understand what my premise is. The only thing I'm arguing *against* is that Rosen doesn't merit a spot on the roster. That's just crazy talk.

And to be honest, I haven't seen anything to show me that Rosen is going to suddenly take off and become a good NFL starting QB. My assertion is that the notion of getting rid of him is even more silly than thinking he'll become an "elite" QB. Because...here's the thing: The youngest QB to ever start an NFL game is Sam Darnold. Second? Drew Bledsoe. Rosen is third. He started an NFL game months before his 22nd birthday. I firmly believe most of his issues are centered in maturity and self-confidence.

Do you remember what you were like when you were 22? I had failed out of college, lacked any shred of self-confidence, and was driving a beat-up 1966 Fairlane that caught fire on a fairly regular basis. I was working at a convenience store in Southern NJ, living with my sister while I floundered through county college, debating about whether I should try to go back to a four-year school or join the military.

About six years later, I had my graduate degree, was working for a PR boutique in Manhattan, handling press at a gala at the Waldorf-Astoria, and conversing (briefly) with the eventual 45th President and First Lady of the United States. The longer version of that story reveals that I simply stopped being an immature ***hole, got my crap together, got some self-confidence, got to work, and caught a LOT of lucky breaks. And it all started very quickly, like a switch turning on. Some people are just like that.

Is Josh Rosen like that? I have no idea. There's a saying from a movie, "We all get the call to stop playing the child's game. Some of us get it when we're 14, some get it when we're 40. But we all get the call." The cool thing is, the Dolphins can literally hold on to Rosen for the next two seasons for next to nothing to see if he gets the call and the switch flips on. It's not blind loyalty, and Rosen hasn't earned jack squat. He doesn't factor into their long-term QB plans unless he makes drastic improvements in that time, and I'm comfortable with him as a backup or third-string QB for the next two seasons if he never pans out...and then wave goodbye to him in 2022.

It's all upside, no risk for the Fins to keep him.

Well kudos to you on growing up. And yes we all, especially boys becoming men, happen at various stages in life. For a variety of reasons.

With Rosen, I understand he is on the roster til training camp at least. But if Miami takes a rookie QB, and they better, I want that guy taking some starter snaps at some point in 2020.

I am just not a fan of the guy. I remember some of those PAC 12 shows that come on every now and then, hyping this kid going to UCLA. So I watched some of those games, especially since they come on so late in the Midwest, and would see some of his play. Just never bought into all the hype of the guy.

It is what it is.

First post you have written to me without some passive aggressive slap on the ass. Gracias.

Well kudos to you on growing up. And yes we all, especially boys becoming men, happen at various stages in life. For a variety of reasons.

With Rosen, I understand he is on the roster til training camp at least. But if Miami takes a rookie QB, and they better, I want that guy taking some starter snaps at some point in 2020.

I am just not a fan of the guy. I remember some of those PAC 12 shows that come on every now and then, hyping this kid going to UCLA. So I watched some of those games, especially since they come on so late in the Midwest, and would see some of his play. Just never bought into all the hype of the guy.

It is what it is.

First post you have written to me without some passive aggressive slap on the ***. Gracias.

Text doesn’t always denote tone well, and it can be difficult to see your own writing as others see it. What one person sees as rational discourse can be perceived as condescending jackassery by another. Then all hell breaks loose.

I’m making a concerted effort to see other people’s posts in a different tone.

Text doesn’t always denote tone well, and it can be difficult to see your own writing as others see it. What one person sees as rational discourse can be perceived as condescending jackassery by another. Then all hell breaks loose.

I’m making a concerted effort to see other people’s posts in a different tone.
No doubt several of us are guilty of coming off more insulting, or arguementative than was really warranted. I know I've done it, without full consideration, and yes, things can escalate due to......well....human nature.

Sometimes ppl deserve it, but more often it becomes combative for no intended reason.

Back
Top Bottom