Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen

At the risk of sounding repetitive ...

Take this with a very large grain of salt. Everything you hear now is suspect.

Teams put out lots and lots of disinformation masquerading as leaks. Anyone thinking Rosen is wanted in Miami knows they would have to offer more in trade ... but I absolutely think Rosen is available in trade. The Dolphins WILL draft a future starting QB in the 2020 draft, and I highly suspect they will hang on to Fitzmagic to bridge the gap and mentor the new signal-caller. Rosen isn't likely to be cut, but I think the Dolphins do want to trade him ... and would like to get more than a conditional 6th rounder for him.

Gosh, I hope you're wrong, brother. Starting the rookie without seeing the oline would be a mistake.

And trading Rosen for any pick will see us taking it without vasoline.

I do agree that Rosen could be a part of a trade as just a throw -in but I can't imagine any team will regard Rosen as a sweetener.

Imo Tua will be our pick but he will be on the ben for all 2020 season behind fitz and josh

But in 2021 the best will play beetwen josh and tua

In this scenario we will have 2 young QB with friendly deal
I agree this is a likely scenario. It could possibly be Herbert, though.

Very true but can you honestly state that Rosen was given a fair shot behind an atrocious Oline and zero running game?

And I still believe that even if we would've made the playoffs with Rosen, we would still be drafting a QB in this draft. Obviously, not in the 1st or 2nd but in the 3 to 5 range.

I think, or hope, this coaching staff/FO is starting to realize the mistakes of the past and know they need to bring in fresh QB blood to groom behind whatever QB we have starting. I have zero example to go on in that assumption but if you're going to operate much like Belicheat, you want that QB waiting in the wings for the future.

It's not really about getting a fair shot in this league. It's about doing the most with the shots you're given. They couldn't give him more of a shot after he nearly killed Allen Hurns.

If the excuses never ran out, the average career wouldn't be 3 years.

Imo Tua will be our pick but he will be on the ben for all 2020 season behind fitz and josh

There will be no competition if this happens. The bigger question will be is Tua healthy enough to play week 1 in 2020

It's not really about getting a fair shot in this league. It's about doing the most with the shots you're given. They couldn't give him more of a shot after he nearly killed Allen Hurns.

If the excuses never ran out, the average career wouldn't be 3 years.

I don't outright disregard those that want to move on from the dream of Rosen. I get that he has shown little if anything.

But why do those that want to move on from the dream of Rosen disregard that fact that the contract is sweet and that he still has nowhere to go but up? The ceiling is still high despite how far he may seem to be from it. The kid is still a kid that hasn't seen a consistent playbook nor a solid team. And you've already invested a 2. Why trade him for peanuts?

Give me a three and I'll pull the trigger.

Give him to the Racial Slurs rather than a pick for the move up for Tua, I'm in.

Other than that, I'm keeping the contract and upside.

Seeing as if we draft the injured Tua, we need a back up. TUA isn't playing his first year anyway. Another reason I am opposed to drafting him

I don't outright disregard those that want to move on from the dream of Rosen. I get that he has shown little if anything.

But why do those that want to move on from the dream of Rosen disregard that fact that the contract is sweet and that he still has nowhere to go but up? The ceiling is still high despite how far he may seem to be from it. The kid is still a kid that hasn't seen a consistent playbook nor a solid team. And you've already invested a 2. Why trade him for peanuts?

Give me a three and I'll pull the trigger.

Give him to the Racial Slurs rather than a pick for the move up for Tua, I'm in.

Other than that, I'm keeping the contract and upside.

I don't think it's necessary for them to move on from him yet. I don't think it's significant either way. However, as I said from the day they acquired him - his presence was never going to deter them from addressing the QB position high in the draft. Nor should it have. A lot of people just didn't want to buy that for some reason.

Bottom line is they have to find a quarterback or they won't be around long. It doesn't matter how they do it.

Oh Lord. This guy is the new Tannehill except he doesn't even start. I am sure Finheaven will speak of his value and potential until the day he gets cut... and still some people will say we never gave him a shot.

The Arizona Cardinals were dumb enough to draft him in the top 10 and we were dumb enough to trade for him, and some of you are still blindly holding on to the hope that Chris Grier wasn't wrong on this too.

Good ol Finheaven. Where Tua is too big of a risk and Tom Brady and Cam Newton are washed up for sure, but Josh Rosen could be the future. Sad and laughable.

You'd consider Brady and we're sad? Brother, have you no mirrors at home?

I also did not like the trade. Wata yah gonna do, guy? It was a swing and a miss wherein the outcome could've been a grandslam as opposed to the odds of hitting a homerun in the 2nd round when the draft is as much as a gamble as the one we took on Rosen.

But he's here now. He's young. He's cheap. He's looking to fetch peanuts in trade. Why in the heck make that move?

I don't think it's necessary for them to move on from him yet. I don't think it's significant either way. However, as I said from the day they acquired him - his presence was never going to deter them from addressing the QB position high in the draft. Nor should it have. A lot of people just didn't want to buy that for some reason.

Bottom line is they have to find a quarterback or they won't be around long. It doesn't matter how they do it.

Agree.

Don't come down too hard on those that didn't want to buy that, though. As a long a shot as you and I believed Rosen was or how bad the trade was, you can't tell me (i hope) that you weren't hoping that we robbed Arizona for our savior. As a fan, I went from "Why" to " I think he can, I think he can".

He couldn't and now we are where we are. Bad trade but now he's here.

TUA isn't playing his first year anyway. Another reason I am opposed to drafting him

From your lips to God's ears. But we are the Miami Dolphins so you can't dismiss us throwing Tua to the wolves if the medical reports come in positive. I hope we're smarter than that.

Your English is OK and certainly much better then my French.

I would add, "or who it is" as long as they can take us to the championships.

:lol: Good stuff.

As much as I disliked the decision to not play Rosen, though, there's no way to defend not starting a Fitz that was giving you all out effort.

In the long run, you may be right. I may be more on your side that who cares what the current lack of talent wants if you're operating in the best interest of the future (at least that's what I think you're saying).

Either way, the fact that it does send a negative message, IMO, can't be debated. As a coach, you're supposed to start the better player, no?
Definately one of those things you can make a legitimate case for, either way.

A proven, experienced HC might be inclined to play it differently, whereas a rookie HC may go out of his way to establish credibility with his team going forward.

I wouldn't have had a problem either way, in this specific case.

He was evaluating more than just one position, though I do question a couple things, like sticking with Ballage for so long.

Back
Top Bottom