Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen

So because the team isn't the most talented, you just use them all for an experiment?
and when they see it's all just for "look-sees", how long until they quit?

It's amusing to see people doctor arguments. I didn't say "all", at least not in the context you are using it. You mean "all" as in guinea pigs trapped in a lab waiting to die. I mean "all" as in a paid professional who can be shown the door if they don't like what's being "chef'ed" up (Minkah Fitzpatrick).

In regards to Flores "losing" them. Who would he have lost and what would he have lost? Respect from the 10+ members of the team who won't be there next season? The flip side to that coin is, "What would he have won?" After last season, he probably couldn't give Rosen away. Had he had tape from this and next season, there may be some meat on the bone to acquire an asset in '21 or beyond. He preached "sustainability"...while wasting an opportunity with our 2nd round draft pick.

Just because someone disagrees with you about Rosen doesn’t make them blind loyalists.

You don’t care? Okay.

Deepening convictions about him? Okeydokey!

Don’t want to talk about it? Cool with it.

You equating people vouching for him with blind homerism? Nope.

Looking at his contract and saying, “There are a heck of a lot of worse contracts and options to have as a backup, at worst” isn’t blind loyalty. It’s common sense.

Looking at his age and what’s happened around him for...literally going on four straight years...and saying, “Maybe there’s more here than meets the eye...and it’s (most importantly) not going to hurt a damn thing to keep him on the roster and keep an eye on him” isn’t blind loyalty. It’s common sense.

He costs the Dolphins practically nothing. He’s still very young. It actually costs the Dolphins THREE TIMES as much to get rid of him as it does to keep him.

Wanting him off the team makes zero sense, and if what you’re suggesting as blind loyalty is true, then wanting him gone is just blind hate.

Blind hate? Na. I dont hate athletes, not even Krapernick. As a player for my favorite team, never bought into him and whatever perceived value he brings.

Again, I was happy Arizona drafted him. And that was with my known issues with Tannehill as starter.

I just fundamentally disagree with your premise. And that is based on what I seen of him off and on at UCLA, the few games I seen while he was in Arizona and the face plant he did in Davie.

Hate? Blind? Just never sold on the guy.

If you disliked Tannehill as much as you claim, then it makes no sense to say you prefer him over some one else. The only way to be consistent with your initial statement is to say you don't hate Tannehill as much as you hate someone else.

Trying to say you hate some one a lot, but love him in comparison to someone else indicates that both positions you espouse are nothing but hyperbole. Most people outgrow this nonsensical type of comparison once they get past puberty, or their second divorce, whichever comes first.

Your a catty dude. Always coming in with your arm chair psych eval, cute.

It's amusing to see people doctor arguments. I didn't say "all", at least not in the context you are using it. You mean "all" as in guinea pigs trapped in a lab waiting to die. I mean "all" as in a paid professional who can be shown the door if they don't like what's being "chef'ed" up (Minkah Fitzpatrick).

In regards to Flores "losing" them. Who would he have lost and what would he have lost? Respect from the 10+ members of the team who won't be there next season? The flip side to that coin is, "What would he have won?" After last season, he probably couldn't give Rosen away. Had he had tape from this and next season, there may be some meat on the bone to acquire an asset in '21 or beyond. He preached "sustainability"...while wasting an opportunity with our 2nd round draft pick.
When I say "all" I mean everyone that sees Rosen and Fitzpatrick everyday in practice and are very aware who is better. None of them need to see more of Rosen on game day to know "what he's got". If you're trotting out the inferior QB, you're obviously not interested in winning the game. Why should anyone else give full effort?
The quote from Flores says it all. He can't go in front of the team and honestly tell them to do everything they can to win the game if he's not going to do the same.

When I say "all" I mean everyone that sees Rosen and Fitzpatrick everyday in practice and are very aware who is better. None of them need to see more of Rosen on game day to know "what he's got". If you're trotting out the inferior QB, you're obviously not interested in winning the game. Why should anyone else give full effort?
The quote from Flores says it all. He can't go in front of the team and honestly tell them to do everything they can to win the game if he's not going to do the same.
For the record, Fitzpatrick was playing well enough to be replaced by Rosen and have Rosen named the starter for the rest of the year. Nothing could have happened in practice that could have moved the needle that much, and Rosen's worst game was as bad as the games that got Fitzpatrick benched.

I don't follow that crowd and agree with a position because it's what they said, so people seeing them in practice means nothing. The fact remains...Rosen was worth more to your rebuild/long-term sustainability than Fitzpatrick. To piggyback that point, there is no difference in a 1-15 record and a 5-11 record...unless you are jockeying for draft position. When the records are like that, it's more than a QB problem.

Your a catty dude. Always coming in with your arm chair psych eval, cute.

Only a cat person would confuse intellect and education with being "catty". We all expose ourselves thru our posts one way or the other, but in some cases it's nothing to write home about. (Write, as in posts - get it?).

The fact that Miami would even entertain the idea, and actually speak to teams about trading up for a quarterback tells you all you need to know about Josh Rosen. Which is why they're not very good at playing the draft game.

They can avoid poor mouthing him all they want. Nobody is buying it.

You got any insides on that?

Kirby Puckett?

Jim Plunket?

Late bloomer either way I guess.

Young wasn't a late bloomer, by any means. He started out with a dumster fire franchise, then sat behind Montana.

I wouldn't put Favre in that catagory either.

Context of specific situations is relevant here, IMO.

Why not? Favre was drafted. Was a back up in Atlanta. Traded to GB. While he was starting from the get go his fist two season was ...well....mediocre to bad. And he had much better talent in GB than the Dolphin s had last year.

Favre did not come into his own until his 4th season.

Why not? Favre was drafted. Was a back up in Atlanta. Traded to GB. While he was starting from the get go his fist two season was ...well....mediocre to bad. And he had much better talent in GB than the Dolphin s had last year.

Favre did not come into his own until his 4th season.
I can see your point.

I always thought that Favre found success due to his pairing with Andy Ried, who knew how to make better use of his gunslinger style, rather than try to change what Brett was.

I don't think it was a coincidence that Ried became the QB coach in 92, the same year Favre "came into his own".

Maybe thats an error in recollection. It was nearly 3 decades ago, and I did a lot of "partying" back then...lol.

You'd consider Brady and we're sad? Brother, have you no mirrors at home?

I also did not like the trade. Wata yah gonna do, guy? It was a swing and a miss wherein the outcome could've been a grandslam as opposed to the odds of hitting a homerun in the 2nd round when the draft is as much as a gamble as the one we took on Rosen.

But he's here now. He's young. He's cheap. He's looking to fetch peanuts in trade. Why in the heck make that move?

You just compared Josh Rosen to Tom Brady. Sorry bud but I am not the one who is sad or delusional.

The only reason Rosen may stay is because the smooth criminal gave a 2nd and a 5th for him.

Smart thing to do... his trade value is down... smart move is to develop him, and disregard the short attention spanners!

Gosh, I hope you're wrong, brother. Starting the rookie without seeing the oline would be a mistake.

And trading Rosen for any pick will see us taking it without vasoline.

I do agree that Rosen could be a part of a trade as just a throw -in but I can't imagine any team will regard Rosen as a sweetener.
Don't be surprised when/if Miami drafts a QB in round 1. Unless that QB is Tua, expect him to start as a rookie. Tua, obviously, will be out injured all of his rookie campaign and most likely still out well past the 2021 Trevor Lawrence draft ... so there would be pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of time to shore up the OL by then. But most likely, the entire coaching staff would be fired by then without a young QB and us starting to win some games.

Don't be surprised when/if Miami drafts a QB in round 1. Unless that QB is Tua, expect him to start as a rookie. Tua, obviously, will be out injured all of his rookie campaign and most likely still out well past the 2021 Trevor Lawrence draft ... so there would be pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of time to shore up the OL by then. But most likely, the entire coaching staff would be fired by then without a young QB and us starting to win some games.

I think it's pretty much written in stone that we're drafting a qb in the first. It better damn be. If we negate to draft a QB because of Rosen, the entire front office needs to be fired.

can't agree there. the bone is already healed. I see him on the field this year for whoever drafts him

Back
Top Bottom