Miami number 32 in penalties conceded! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami number 32 in penalties conceded!

It's good to be #1 at something. I agree credit goes to the whole coaching staff(not just Flores) but also the players trying to do things the right way.
The right way always takes longet than the wrong way. But like you said gotta hand it to this entire new staff.

That's encouraging news!

And I'm only being nitpicky because I'm in that kind of mood but shouldn't the OP read either:
"Fins Number 32 In Penalties"

or

"Fins Number 1 in Fewest penalties"

??

As stated, lack of penalties is indicative of discipline/sound coaching. I too am encouraged by the direction the team is headed through incremental improvement week to week. But what is most encouraging to me is that the current players are the back ups for future seasons. Back ups with significant, relevant playing time. Not just somebody that was on the beach, or in college last year, or was driving for UPS, but rather playing legit football. Depth with experienced players has long been an issue for this team. I think this will be a positive byproduct of this lost year.

You know what you get, when you add discipline with talent, a very good team that will rarely aggravate you.

It has always been known, the 1st and most important rule to beating the Patriots is, don't beat yourself, let the Patriots beat you, but no mistakes on your part...this is the type of team Miami is becoming. Just add the talent, sit back, and enjoy in 2020 and beyond.

Since the bye week Miamis defense is playing top half of the league statistically.

With college level talent.

Coaching is far from an issue on this team. Talent is. Give this man a legit qb and watch tlwhat happens.

wow! I can’t wait to see what this team looks like in 2 years. Just get the right QB and build the trenches.

I can't wait to see what this coaching staff does with a more talented roster!

Also, I can't believe there are some that want to get rid of them at the end of this season? Like what?

Philbin teams had low penalties too...just saying

Not even close! Philbin teams had 10x more talent and never had this level of X's and O's.
It's shouldn't be hard to understand a less talented team, should in theory, be more penalized.

Just saying...

Through the first half of the season we are the least penalized team in the league with 45 for 370 yards.

This is always a sign of sound coaching and harks back to the Shula days when we were often the least penalized team in the NFL.

After the road crash of the Adam Gase years (offensive holding anybody?) I like the direction we are headed in.

May it long continue!
This is what I am saying this week in light of the win and the people who are worried about not getting Tua. I think having the right coaches is more important than Tua. If discipline and a team trending upward leads to a couple of victories remember we probably have a good coach. A good front office would be more important than picking #1 too, IMO. For example, a good FO could do more in a draft picking 4th than a bad FO picking first, as they would fail to build a good enough team around Tua even if they got to pick him. I'm just saying there is a bright side to the team that many hope will just tank, playing hard and getting some results, even if the current players will mostly be gone in 2 years.:out:

Philbin teams had low penalties too...just saying
But they still got their share of pre snap penalties. I always felt like Philbin made the team soft. They didn't get those agression type penalties but it cost them as they played kind of like Philbin's personality. Kind of soft and emotionless.

But they still got their share of pre snap penalties. I always felt like Philbin made the team soft. They didn't get those agression type penalties but it cost them as they played kind of like Philbin's personality. Kind of soft and emotionless.
The team was uber soft under Philbin. They could never put a game away on offense. And too many pre snap penalties like you said.

Back
Top Bottom