Miami number 32 in penalties conceded! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami number 32 in penalties conceded!

Philbin's issue was testicular fortitude. He punked his own team out of numerous wins with his micromanaging.

That timeout on 4th and 10 against Green Bay with the clock running is a perfect example.
Philbin made you miss the more aggressive Sparano (rest his soul) teams. At least they beat up opponents even in losses.

Through the first half of the season we are the least penalized team in the league with 45 for 370 yards.

This is always a sign of sound coaching and harks back to the Shula days when we were often the least penalized team in the NFL.

After the road crash of the Adam Gase years (offensive holding anybody?) I like the direction we are headed in.

May it long continue!

Exactly....The great Dolphin teams , besides being greatly talented....did not beat themselves!

9 straight years Shula’s Dolphins were the least penalized team in the NFL....and the NFL’s winningest team!

Philbin teams had low penalties too...just saying
Just saying is the worst phrase to use when you are blatantly wrong...

What do you mean "blatantly wrong"? In Philbin's first 3 years we ranked 3rd, 1st, and 4th in fewest penalties. Are you just saying stuff to disagree, or did you have some knowledge that he was wrong?

One of the few stats I'm happy we are coming last in, ie least pens.
Shows good coaching and that the players are listening to the message.
That's Flores biggest victory so far this season.
Argues well for the future, with better talent they can make better use of normal situations instead of 1st and 15 or 1st and 20 after a poor penalty that kills drives. Defence the same not gifting teams automatic 1st downs.

Thread interference on the OP for holding comments with zero false starts as well as unabated good news thus grounding the unnecessary non-believers whom should put their hands to the their faces of illegal motions and offsides beliefs when running into the stable holding of said good news.

Sorry. I'm bored outta my gord.

Last edited:
Not even close! Philbin teams had 10x more talent and never had this level of X's and O's.
It's shouldn't be hard to understand a less talented team, should in theory, be more penalized.

Just saying...
My comment was basically saying being low in penalties doesn’t always equate to good coaching, i.e Joe Philbin. Though in Philbin’s case low penalties was more evidence of a soft team. I think during that same period when Seattle was going to SBs they were ranked near the bottom consistently in penalties, which I think was more because of how physical they were.

My comment was basically saying being low in penalties doesn’t always equate to good coaching, i.e Joe Philbin. Though in Philbin’s case low penalties was more evidence of a soft team. I think during that same period when Seattle was going to SBs they were ranked near the bottom consistently in penalties, which I think was more because of how physical they were.

If that was all then i would agree with you. But when you take into combination the talent level of this team and they statistically have improved every week despite the 0-whatever record then it speaks volumes.

No Philbin or Gase team could have accomplished that...Maybe a Saban coach team.

Philbin's issue was testicular fortitude. He punked his own team out of numerous wins with his micromanaging.

That timeout on 4th and 10 against Green Bay with the clock running is a perfect example.
I was there! Frigging unbelievable!
He gifted them the game with t

I was there! He gifted them the game with that one!!!

Back
Top Bottom