Miami only had 2 missed tackles the whole game. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami only had 2 missed tackles the whole game.

I suppose it’s good we’re not missing tackles, but the bigger issue to me is how soft we look making them. I don’t know if there’s any defense in the league that lets runners fall forward for extra yards more than us.

Agreed, preseason as we knew it is done.
Good.

2 preseason games should be enough. Let's face it, with 4, teams only played the sure roster players for a total of a games worth of snaps anyway.

The one unit that benifits from so many is, arguably, the O-line, and even then its taking a big risk of injury to a key player.

Can't miss a tackle, if your blocked, and have no chance at making the tackle.

Brandon just seems like a gamer. One of those athletes where measurables and things of that nature simply do not matter as much.

Fell for the kid instantly right here.
No pass rusher is going to get pressure against that offense. When they passed the average time was 2.1 seconds, which is crazy fast (best in NFL all time is Brees at 2.5). Their game plan was 1-2 reads and if they're covered run. It was mostly dink and dunk. Death by 1000 cuts, normal Patriots bullshit lol I think against more pedestrian passers and schemes we'll have more success

That's how good our d linemen were blocked. They weren't even in on most tackles to miss them.

The way the Patriots O-line were able to use an engage and twist technique to create natural seals on ouR d-lineman was troubling. It created natural gaps that made it easier for Newton to run through. They kept on doing it and we didnt seem to have a counter to it. Patriots have been using that scheme for years and considering Flo and Boyer came from that system I was shocked we didn’t adjust well.

Further I would have dared Cam to beat me with his arm talent. Occasionally dropping guys into those quick zones. It’s what the Patriots do to create hesitation in opposing teams defense dealing with that overload look.

Poor showing and adjustment by the 1st year d-coordinator.

You bought billion dollar guys in the secondary. Make them earn it and take away Cams strength.

Old ball coach told me a long time ago that teams don't beat you by throwing and catching. They beat you by catching and running. Can't stop 'em from beating you by tackling what's already behind you. Have to tackle what's in front of you.

It ain't easy sometimes.

Definitely don't need four preseason games, that's for sure. Probably end up settling in for two. I think one and a shared scrimmage might work as well.

I agree, game speed can only be practiced with game play against other people. Two games is the sweet spot , one where the starters play into the 2nd then one where you go through halftime adjustments then week 1

The three turnovers sealed our fate more than others. The patsies were able to stay simple and risk averse in their offensive play calling because their lead was comfortable. Plus by the 4th, Defense was gassed.

This would be impressive except for the fact we got pushed down the field the entire game

Well that’s wrong cause Brandon jones missed a tackle in the flats on the rb white that I know of which was cleaned up by grugier whatever his name is.

A young DL that has never played together against a very veteran OL? How could you expect different results? Later in the season when the kids are 'blooded' and have game time and film to work with it might be different. The Pats scored on thier second or 3rd drive, we had 3 and outs. That is one thing the Cheats do well, put you in a hole, and take away what you want/do well. They make you do what your uncomfortable doing to beat them. Bellecheat has been doing this for years. I still can't believe that I bought into the hype that the Cheats were done, shame on me... I was convinced we would run on them.

Back
Top Bottom