Miami Pro Day | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Pro Day

I would just focus on Elerson Smith if Turner does not run 4.70ish. Let someone else draft Turner. Right now, Smith is composite ranked #189 (141 highest 250 lowest). Should be able to get him in second round and fix the DE opposite Ogbah. (Turner is composite ranked #178; 87 highest, 290 lowest).)

Smith would be more of an OLB for Miami. Like both, and think both will go earlier than currently projected.

I like Phillips far more than most here, but I like Rousseau and Roche far less than most here. But the huge caveat is Phillips medicals. Without access to those it's impossible to project where I'd slot him.

I would not take Oweh, at all. I would not take Kwity Paye on day 1 either so he is off my board too.
To me, once Jaelan Phillips is off the board because of medicals, it's down to Elerson Smith, and Perhaps Payton Turner (we'll see how he measures.), and then late day 2 Tarron Jackson. Joshua Kaindoh is also draftable.
To me those are the possible guys, Elerson, Turner (perhaps), Tarron, and Kaindoh.
No Roche at all?
How about the guy from Oklahoma? Perkins is his name maybe?

For a 6'5 270 LB DE with 35" arms, he looks fluid to me. Still developing his pass rush, but I don't see physical limitations that would keep him from developing into a quality starter.

I didn't realize he was that big - i had little reason to watch Houston this year and didn't know much about this guy before seeing him in a few threads.

Maybe it's his size making him look so upright and look like he plays so high. I've seen him duck and arc for wins and duck and fall to the ground......so those made me think more waist bender. But at his size i can see why.

I'll take a look at a few other tapes.

I would be so pissed of if Rousseau's agent didnt **** can him.In all seriousness if a player opted then came to a pro day and and produced what he did.
Atleast make some money off of something because he may have dropped out of the 1st.Some team will get suckered in an overdraft him.I am not saying he wont be a good pro but damn man you just lost both of us Money.
I hope Jaelens medical's come back pretty good.I root for people like him.

By guess would be Rousseau top 12

Phillips top 20

Roche top 50

But that's just me

I just checked the numbers. Rousseau will plummet given disastrous numbers like 30 inch vertical and 7.5 three cone. First round would require somebody ignoring those tests completely, like Grier did with Charles Harris.

More likely it's going to be well into the second round, if not later. These numbers don't look like a rustiness fluke. His high school numbers were similarly poor, including a 28.1 inch vertical:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/220142/gregory-rousseau

The good news for Rousseau is that it's becoming less of an edge rusher league. He can be a move guy for a versatile defense. .

I would be scared to take Phillips early given medical history like that.

Did North Carolina just bust off another 25 yard run?

I just checked the numbers. Rousseau will plummet given disastrous numbers like 30 inch vertical and 7.5 three cone. First round would require somebody ignoring those tests completely, like Grier did with Charles Harris.

More likely it's going to be well into the second round, if not later. These numbers don't look like a rustiness fluke. His high school numbers were similarly poor, including a 28.1 inch vertical:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/220142/gregory-rousseau

The good news for Rousseau is that it's becoming less of an edge rusher league. He can be a move guy for a versatile defense. .

I would be scared to take Phillips early given medical history like that.

Did North Carolina just bust off another 25 yard run?
Greg did not help himself at the pro day that's for sure

Phillips did

Titans were the team that decided to gamble there. Maybe not as bad as Isaiah Wilson last year but I don't think they end up liking that selection.
His back scares me I would not have gambled on him but the talent is certainly there.

Back
Top Bottom