[intro]The Miami Dolphins have re-signed linebacker Scott Galyon and waived center/guard Troy Andrew today.
Miami had released the 28-year old Galyon, a seven-year NFL veteran, on September 2. He missed each of the teamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s final three preseason games this year with a fractured right thumb. Andrew, 24, was inactive for the DolphinsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ season-opener on Sunday against the Lions.
In Other News...
D. Bowens Close to Returning
Miami Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said DE David Bowens (hand) should be able to resume practicing with the team this week.
McGarrahan Should Return
Miami Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said S Scott McGarrahan (groin) should be able to return to action this week. He injured his groin late last week.
Madison Injury Update
CB Sam Madison (ankle) underwent an MRI, which revealed just a bruise to his ankle. He was feeling pretty good on Sunday night and is expected to be ready to return to action this week. [/intro]
This is kind of odd. But I would imagine its kind of a thing where Troy probably won't catch on with another team at this point, and should we need him down the stretch he'll be available to us to sign (like Leon Searcy after week 10). Galyon's healthy and he's our best backup OLB. He needed to come back.
Can't see why they didn't cut Lloyd Harrison though. Maybe they are thinking of adding Tom Knight in Harrison's place? He was just released by New England after weeks of speculation and denial.
Maybe they're hoping that by releasing him after week 1 teams won't be expected to pick up a backup undrafted 2 year O-lineman. They had Joe Sa'alvea in for a workout. I like this guy. They could pop Romero on the PS to pick this guy up.