Miami should have inside information on Wright | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami should have inside information on Wright

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The Dolphins should have inside information on the dt in the supplemental draft. Miami's assistant offensive line coach was the ol coach at USC. I am betting that he has already assessed Wright and given his input to Saban. If not, then Miami probably is not interested in any form. My guess is that if Saban doesn't look at this guy he got a less than glowing indorsement from his assistant ol coach.

With that said, I would like the Dolphins to pursue the Clemson wr as a free agent signee. I forget his name, but he would be a worthy risk with potential payoff given his size and speed and history of performance. I don't believe the guy will be drafted.

Lee2000

Unless a player of Leinart (spelling) caliber is in the sup draft, I don't think we will be a part of it. Saban loves his draft picks and won't be giving up any picks anytime soon. I think if he plans on trading Ricky then there could be a chance we make a move in the sup draft.

feelthepain said:
Unless a player of Leinart (spelling) caliber is in the sup draft, I don't think we will be a part of it. Saban loves his draft picks and won't be giving up any picks anytime soon. I think if he plans on trading Ricky then there could be a chance we make a move in the sup draft.

Well, Saban loves his draft picks, but I think he loves them because they bring in young, talented players, which is what the supplemental draft is for. I don't think he'd have a problem using a pick on a supplemental player if it was worth it.

I'm not convinced Wright is, though. Word is (and I've never watched him play, so I'm going on what I've read) that he takes WAY too many plays off.

feelthepain said:

Dude (and I do start most of my posts with that sentiment), if Wright is worth a pick, use the pick. Saban would not be wasting the pick in this case on a trade. He'd be DRAFTING someone. I think that falls under the category of using a DRAFT PICK appropriately. Problem is I don't have any clue about Wright's value or any specifics about him. All I know is USC has had a great defense the last 2 years.

So, does anyone out there have scouting report on this fool?!?!?!?!?!?:evil:

EDIT: Whoops, sounds like you beat me to it, phinwin.:cooldude:

You would be drafting Wright more on potential

You would be drafting Wright more on potential, but remember that Saban has a coach on his staff that watched this guy practice for at least two years. If Miami makes no effort to draft him that would speak volumes.

Lee2000

The Clemson WR is Roscoe Crosby.

why do people assume that saban won't "waste his draft picks" this way?

this is not a trade for an overpriced veteran, he's still using the pick to draft someone! its just earlier and more of a developmental pick.

I think we put in a bid knowing that our DT situation isn't that great. Put in a 5th round bid. If we get him great, we got 2nd round talent for a 5th round pick. If we don't, we move on.

NLude33 said:
I think we put in a bid knowing that our DT situation isn't that great. Put in a 5th round bid. If we get him great, we got 2nd round talent for a 5th round pick. If we don't, we move on.
Hmmm....that's interesting.

Can a player opt out and become a FA, if they don't like where they get chosen?

If a player doesn't get chosen, do they become a UDFA or do they go into the next regular draft?

Saban is God ;) Even he has yet to coach an NFL Game

KB21 said:
The Clemson WR is Roscoe Crosby.

Roscoe was the man coming from Union High not too long ago. He seemed to have awesome speed from what I can remember. He went to Clemson and got hurt then he focused on baseball then he like up and left the team. Has he finally gotten his heart back into football?

Lee2000 said:
The Dolphins should have inside information on the dt in the supplemental draft. Miami's assistant offensive line coach was the ol coach at USC. I am betting that he has already assessed Wright and given his input to Saban. If not, then Miami probably is not interested in any form. My guess is that if Saban doesn't look at this guy he got a less than glowing indorsement from his assistant ol coach.

With that said, I would like the Dolphins to pursue the Clemson wr as a free agent signee. I forget his name, but he would be a worthy risk with potential payoff given his size and speed and history of performance. I don't believe the guy will be drafted.

Lee2000
When is the supplemental draft?

July 11th according to football websites

I believe July 11th

Lee2000

Crosby may be like Henson. He has failed at the sport he really likes, so he's seeing if he can succeed in the other sport.

inFINSible said:
Hmmm....that's interesting.

Can a player opt out and become a FA, if they don't like where they get chosen?

If a player doesn't get chosen, do they become a UDFA or do they go into the next regular draft?

No, a player cannot opt out if they are chosen. It is just like the real draft, as they will have until October or something to sign, and then if not signed, he could enter the main draft next April. But of course his NCAA eligibility would be voided.

Yes, if a player declares for the supp. draft and are not chosen, they become and UDFA. The only reason he is not an UDFA now is because he didn't declare for the main draft in April.

Back
Top Bottom