Miami Still Has Endless Options To Upgrade The Offensive Line | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Still Has Endless Options To Upgrade The Offensive Line

katie-couric-says-her-2008-question-to-sarah-pali-2-567-1553196956-0_dblbig.jpg

How many options do the Dolphins have to improve their offensive line?

All of them

Do you read? The point is exactly that! NO QB especially a rookie CANNOT prosper behind poor Oline play and lousy coaching! Are you a Dolphins fan or an Oline excuse maker? Sounds like the latter.

When did you say anything about lousy coaching?

Now to your point. A good QB can make it happen behind a bad offensive line. It happens regularly...examples are Russell Wilson, Deshawn Watson.

Stop defending Tannehill and let that sleeping dog lie.

The backup, Sam, is a decent RT too though he was terrible at LT

I want to be clear about one specific thing in this thread. Sam Young, in no way shape or form, is "decent" at anything. He is possibly the worst OL I have ever seen come through here.

The article said literally nothing. I don't understand how **** like that gets to print. At least pick a position along the oline and identify a prospect or 2 that make sense ... lazy.

I will say at least finheaven in large part understands how detrimental oline has been for so long now. Before every season I'd come on here and bitch and complain about how they didn't do enough to address the oline again and it was going to get the QB killed and derail another year ... and every time I'd be told to temper my expectations and wait and see how the season played out before jumping to any bold conclusions. I think I can safely say I am no longer in the minority.

This is one position group they should go all in with free agency ... I say it every year. They just can't manage to competently draft these guys ... and are somehow even worse at coaching them up. We'll see about this *new* FO and how they attack this situation but let's just say I feel like I've sat through this movie before.

Last edited:
I'm actually of the opposite view of this article. IMHO, we're building the line from scratch, with one piece--Laremy Tunsil--already in place. We're not at the point where it makes any sense to invest in any free agents along the OL. I'd rather draft 2 or 3 guys, with most of them being in the middle or later rounds, where the draft has OL depth. Lets follow the Patriots philosophy of shuttling through a bunch of young guys hoping to hit on a few. Volume … quantity over quality maybe, but that's how you find gems. We want a young OL, because our QB is going to be young and this team is being built for 2021 and later, so stop-gap free agents aren't the best choice. Also, we've gone the way of the FA before, and they always get hurt and are expensive.

Let's actually build an OL. Start with lots of young guys and keep the parts that work, and keep churning through prospects (drafted and undrafted) that can help us reach our goal of actually building a young OL that can grow as the QB develops.

I want to be clear about one specific thing in this thread. Sam Young, in no way shape or form, is "decent" at anything. He is possibly the worst OL I have ever seen come through here.
So just out of curiosity, how would you compare Sam Young to say Mark Colombo or Dallas Thomas? Not disagreeing with you really … just pointing out that we've had a LOT of bad OL through the doors …. sad as that may be.

• I'm actually of the opposite view of this article. IMHO, we're building the line from scratch, with one piece--Laremy Tunsil--already in place. We're not at the point where it makes any sense to invest in any free agents along the OL. I'd rather draft 2 or 3 guys, with most of them being in the middle or later rounds, where the draft has OL depth. Lets follow the Patriots philosophy of shuttling through a bunch of young guys hoping to hit on a few. Volume … quantity over quality maybe, but that's how you find gems. We want a young OL, because our QB is going to be young and this team is being built for 2021 and later, so stop-gap free agents aren't the best choice. Also, we've gone the way of the FA before, and they always get hurt and are expensive.
Let's actually build an OL. Start with lots of young guys and keep the parts that work, and keep churning through prospects (drafted and undrafted) that can help us reach our goal of actually building a young OL that can grow as the QB develops.

It should not surprise anyone 3 spots are filled - Tunsil, Kilgore, Davis. Not locked in, but I wouldn't be surprised in September

Jesse Davis is a natural Right Tackle. Thats his position, maybe he struggled at RG because of that. Give him a chance at RT in pre-season. The backup, Sam, is a decent RT too though he was terrible at LT

It seems like this team continually put players in the wrong positions...or schemes that don’t fit...in other words.... bad coaching.

Tankersley is a man coverage corner, last year they forced zone on him.....Gesicki is a receiver playing tight end, and they tried to force him to be an in-line blocking tight end.

They retarded Tunsil by taking a natural left tackle and playing him at guard.

It seems like this team continually put players in the wrong positions...or schemes that don’t fit...in other words.... bad coaching.

Tankersley is a man coverage corner, last year they forced zone on him.....Gesicki is a receiver playing tight end, and they tried to force him to be an in-line blocking tight end.

They retarded Tunsil by taking a natural left tackle and playing him at guard.
Can't argue any of those points, good observation!

2 DL and 2 OL out of this draft would be gravy.

We desperately need a superstar and 3 starters out of this draft.

It’s a huge draft. This will be our foundation.

Back
Top Bottom