Miami Still Has Endless Options To Upgrade The Offensive Line | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Still Has Endless Options To Upgrade The Offensive Line

So silly...

ANY QB is going to greatly benefit from effective OL play + an effective running game!

ANY QB!

And inversely, ANY QB is going to be "hindered" by poor OL play + NO viable running game.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

Travjs34, get off my jock...

I dont even speak to you so you can save your "pathetics" for whatever like tribe you are banging your drums for...

Pathetic is how you seem to want to bait me into saying something that you can complain to the moderator about.
Interesting, seeing as how Ive never complained to an admin or reported anyone... EVER

I just thought your reply @The Goat ’s post was pretty bad. You can’t even be bothered in this conversation anymore because he posted too much to read? What?!

Save your keystrokes. You"re ignored like you must have been as a child.
lol ok. Could care less if you ignore me

When did you say anything about lousy coaching?

Now to your point. A good QB can make it happen behind a bad offensive line. It happens regularly...examples are Russell Wilson, Deshawn Watson.

Stop defending Tannehill and let that sleeping dog lie.
wow, I missed this. Russel Wilson did it lol. Russe Wilson had the benefit of a DOMINATE run game and Defense when the TEAM went to the Superbowl.

Stop defending Tannehill and let that sleeping dog lie- Defending a point not just a player - Oh Practice what you preach.

wow, I missed this. Russel Wilson did it lol. Russe Wilson had the benefit of a DOMINATE run game and Defense when the TEAM went to the Superbowl.

Stop defending Tannehill and let that sleeping dog lie- Defending a point not just a player - Oh Practice what you preach.

2017 Russell Wilson. led the league in TDs (34). Goerge Fant was a starting OT. 2 years before that, do you know what George Fant was doing?

He was the starting power forward on Western Kentucky's basketball team...but according to you, the defense and Hs threw those WRs open for TDs 34 times.

Russell Wilson made it happen. Would Tannehill have thrown 30 TD in his best season? I doubt it.

Last edited:
2017 Russell Wilson. led the league in TDs (34). Goerge Fant was a starting OT. 2 years before that, do you know what George Fant was doing?

He was the starting power forward on Western Kentucky's basketball team...but according to you, the defense and Hs threw those WRs open for TDs 34 times.

Russell Wilson made it happen. Would Tannehill have thrown 30 TD in his best season? I doubt it.

Yes, I do believe Tannehill would have thrown for 30 + in his best season - PLAYING FOR SEATTLE!

Just to be clear Wilson led the team to the SB? You ignored that point, It isn't about Tannehill- oh let sleeping dogs lie - Again, did Russel Wilson have the Philbin, Sherman, Lazor's and Gase's of the coaching world? Did Wilson have the Dallas Thomas, Turner and Douglas's on his Oline. - I think not

Put everything in context, that is the point. If Wilson played for Philbin he would have wanted him to not scramble, Lazor would say oh my plays work, don't audible. You think he still has the same success - I doubt it

Did Tannehill ever have the running game and defense that Seattle had? A defense that I believe averaged a TD a game the year they won. This is the point you seem to be missing, It DOES NOT matter who the QB is if everything else around the QB fails.

That is the point! If you draft a QB and you don't scheme or coach well and do not have an above average to good Oline then the QB and offense will fail.

Look at what happens when teams have a great running game and defense, they usually go deep into the playoffs and have a chance to win a SB.

Yes, I do believe Tannehill would have thrown for 30 + in his best season - PLAYING FOR SEATTLE!

Allow me to put these up for you to look at your leisure. You'll either know what they represent...or you will feign ignorance to how they connect to the above quote...I hope.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-week-10-farmer-20171111-story.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ne-rankings-cowboys-titans-raiders/474298001/

That said...Tannehill wouldn't have done anything...especially in 2017 when Wilson played behind a line that was as bad as any Tannehill played behind...yet he threw for a league-leading 34 TDs. I repeat...Tannehill wouldn't have done squat...ESPECIALLY in 2017.

Tannehill is who he is...and there's nothing wrong with being who he is. An average QB who is a placeholder for an impact QB.

Just to be clear Wilson led the team to the SB? You ignored that point, It isn't about Tannehill- oh let sleeping dogs lie - Again, did Russel Wilson have the Philbin, Sherman, Lazor's and Gase's of the coaching world? Did Wilson have the Dallas Thomas, Turner and Douglas's on his Oline. - I think not

Put everything in context, that is the point. If Wilson played for Philbin he would have wanted him to not scramble, Lazor would say oh my plays work, don't audible. You think he still has the same success - I doubt it

Did Tannehill ever have the running game and defense that Seattle had? A defense that I believe averaged a TD a game the year they won. This is the point you seem to be missing, It DOES NOT matter who the QB is if everything else around the QB fails.

That is the point! If you draft a QB and you don't scheme or coach well and do not have an above average to good Oline then the QB and offense will fail.

Look at what happens when teams have a great running game and defense, they usually go deep into the playoffs and have a chance to win a SB.

For the record, could you stop harping on the Super Bowl runs with Wilson. That was 2013-2014.

Compare the two from 2015 - 2019...there is no comparison. Wilson carries his team...Tannehill should have been carrying a clipboard.

Alot of assumptions on your part. Never accounting for variables like the mental aspects of the game, pocket presence and play making abilities just to name a few.

Anyways, it doesn't matter anymore.

I read a article earlier and some scout was speaking on QB prospects I believe it was the Kentucky QB coming out. And his issue with the prospect came down to one side bite...he is reminded of Ryan Tannehill, and how something is just missing.

Pointing out trolling is trolling?

You offered nothing on topic (offensive line) and went straight for another poster.

We could both ignore the argument and could have involved ourselves with the topic.

Like. Turning over acorns and dumpster diving for oline talent is folly with Davies history of putting 30 plus yr old tackles at guard.

You offered nothing on topic (offensive line) and went straight for another poster.

We could both ignore the argument and could have involved ourselves with the topic.

Like. Turning over acorns and dumpster diving for oline talent is folly with Davies history of putting 30 plus yr old tackles at guard.

I disagree with you, but that's no surprise.

Back
Top Bottom