Miami / Tampa Bay Conspiracy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami / Tampa Bay Conspiracy?

ahmajokester

Scout Team
Reaction score
I'm new here, so don't go too hard on me, but what do you guys think about this conspiracy theory?

I think Saban and Gruden got together and created this whole Alex Smith hype that started about a week ago.

This is what we knew a week ago: San Francisco was going to take a QB, probably Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers was even on ESPN [and several other sports talk shows] saying that he thought he was going to go #1 overall.

We've known all along that the Dolphins would LOVE to trade down.

We also knew that the Vikings wanted to trade up into the top 3 to grab Braylon Edwards.

I think Gruden wants Edwards - NOT Alex Smith. Tampa Bay desperately needs a quality WR opposite Clayton. Gruden's offense back in Oakland was a heavy pass-oriented offense. Who do the Bucs have at WR after Clayton? Joe Jurevicious? Please :rolleyes:

Think about it... Before Miami and Tampa Bay started talking about Alex Smith everyone had the 49ers taking Aaron Rodgers. Now what has happened? The 49ers say they might take Smith... Why? Because they want to try to get Tampa Bay (or even Miami :roflmao: ) to trade up to get him. If Gruden had let out the truth - that he wants to trade up to get Edwards the 49ers could have done the same thing. Remember, the 3 guys San Francisco started contract talks with were Smith, Rodgers, and Edwards. If the 49ers take Edwards, the Dolphins lose out on a trade down partner (remember, Tampa is really interested in Edwards, NOT Smith) -- Tampa Bay lost out on their guy, and so did Minnesota. Another problem with letting out the truth that Tampa Bay is really interested in Braylon Edwards and not Alex Smith would be, Minnesota could make a trade with San Francisco to move up to #1 to get Edwards -- again BAD for Miami and Tampa Bay.

So Gruden and Saban cook up this little plan. Both teams fake a lot of interest in Alex Smith. So now, San Fran, who was leaning towards Aaron Rodgers, now says they are considering Alex Smith. Minnesota is confident that QBs will go 1-2, so they are focusing their trade talks with Cleveland because it will be cheaper and, let's be honest, the Minnesota brass is not too smart.

On draft day, the 9ers prolly take Smith, but if not, I think Rodgers is the most likely guy. The Bucs trade us their #5 overall, their 2nd round pick this year, and probably a conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick next year to move up to #2 overall and grab - no NOT Alex Smith, but - Braylon Edwards to play opposite Michael Clayton. Minnesota gets screwed and we get probably our choice of 2 of the top 3 RBs at #5 plus an extra 2nd round pick this year and next!

Works out great for Miami and our neighbors Tampa Bay. Minnesota gets screwed.

That's my conspiracy theory. What do you think?

Also, if you think about Gruden's offense back in Oakland -- he didn't do it with a young, unproven QB... He did it with a core of really good receivers and an older, veteran QB. Sounds a lot more like Brian Griese, Michael Clayton and Braylon Edwards than Alex Smith, Michael Clayton and Joe Jerivicious...

:roflmao: personally i think its like ur name. a joke

why would they want to screw Minny out of Edwards? Even if TB says they want edwards right now what can minny do about it if TB trades with us and gest the #2?

Finfan86 said:
why would they want to screw Minny out of Edwards? Even if TB says they want edwards right now what can minny do about it if TB trades with us and gest the #2?

Can you read?

Minnesota could trade with San Francisco. OR, San Francisco could take Edwards...

JimsFins4 said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Saban works with no one

Even if it's in our own best interest, he works with no one... Yeah right :rolleyes:

why would Saban want to help Gruden? He has no reason to help gruden. Its the stupidest theory i've heard on this board

thats the thing, you just never know

erm... I think you've got a very creative imagination.

I think it's legit... 49ers want Smith, we want Smith (BlueFin's finally convinced me, I'm starting to see where he is coming from. Although blue thinks it'll take an earth-shaking offer to trade down, I disagree about that.) and Tampa wants him. I also believe that the Browns would find him hard to pass up.

We will see on Saturday.

Finfan86 said:
why would Saban want to help Gruden? He has no reason to help gruden. Its the stupidest theory i've heard on this board

So it wouldn't help us at all if we picked up an extra 2nd round pick this year and next to move down just 3 spots in the draft?

This idea only helps Tampa Bay?

Tell that to the 80-90% of knowledgeable football fans out there who think that Miami wants to move down this year...

You really think that Tampa would trade all of what you proposed when they coulsd stay at #5 and still take Mike Williams....who Gruden is reportedly in love with. I know that any of this what we read/hear can be posturing....but I don't see Tampa giving up a 2nd round pick to go from Williams to Edwards....doesnt' make sense. Especially when it appears that Mike Williams would better bring what the Bucs are missing at the WR position...the big over-the-middle redzone threat....to go along with big-play threat Clayton.

it helps us to move down, but we dont have to have a conspieracy theory to move down. We might be able to move down anyways without trying to screw over Minny. And i dont think TB wants Edwards anyways

finsnchips said:
erm... I think you've got a very creative imagination.

I think it's legit... 49ers want Smith, we want Smith (BlueFin's finally convinced me, I'm starting to see where he is coming from. Although blue thinks it'll take an earth-shaking offer to trade down, I disagree about that.) and Tampa wants him. I also believe that the Browns would find him hard to pass up.

We will see on Saturday.

You could be right, but when did all of this man-love for Alex Smith start? Wasn't it only about a week ago? What really happened then? I heard mixed reviews after his workout. It seemed to me to just start out of thin air..

Back
Top Bottom