Miami Team Report -Footballguys. "Offense" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Team Report -Footballguys. "Offense"

Finally I read something that has positive things to say about the Fins(besides this site of course) from this year and last. Good link MD!

Good Article!

The Dolphins are considering carrying only four WRs on their active roster this year

Whats up with that though? Why would we only keep 4 WR's? I highly doubt we would.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
Good Article!

Whats up with that though? Why would we only keep 4 WR's? I highly doubt we would.

The question is.. would that include Rogers? Technically, if he makes the team, he could be listed as a RB no? Even though he'd probably be KR/PR and/or 5th WR...

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
Good Article!

I agree. We saw last year, just how injuries can affect a specific group at the same time, and losing two recievers would leave the team with only two wideouts. Dallas never carried as few as four WRs within the Turner offense, so I don't see it happening now.

For a couple of years now, I have been talking about using Travis Minor as a part time wideout, and I truly hope that this has been addressed during the offseason. This move would allow Minor to cover two positions, something which IMHO will become a more prevalent tactic in this salary restricted era. The backup positions are aided by versatility. So if a team can assign a roster spot to an offensive lineman who can play all line positions and a RB/WR/KR, both money and roster space can be saved.

Going back to the WRs..IMHO the battle for roster places amongst the WRs will be THE battle to watch during pre season. I am convinced that one of these young guys (ie, Newson, Baker, Tolver, Jackson) will rise to the challenge and make it impossible for Wanny to leave them off the team.

On this offense right now, actual titles are becoming pretty meaningless. Both of our starting TE's might as well have WR numbers. Same goes for Rogers and Minor. We might only carry 4 WR's, but we'll have 10 solid recieving options when you count our WR's, TE's, RB's(Ricky, Travis, Charlie), and Konrad.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
On this offense right now, actual titles are becoming pretty meaningless. Both of our starting TE's might as well have WR numbers. Same goes for Rogers and Minor. We might only carry 4 WR's, but we'll have 10 solid recieving options when you count our WR's, TE's, RB's(Ricky, Travis, Charlie), and Konrad.

I see what you mean, but having solid receiving options is not the same as having three legitimate WRs. While I think that Travis or Charlie Rodgers could step in if necessary, I don't think that any of our TEs are capable of playing WR at this point. Take away legitimate WR threats, and then see how those other receivers fare......my guess would be not too well.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Don't tight ends normally have WR numbers anyway? I'm not trying to be wise here, just an honest question.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Don't tight ends normally have WR numbers anyway? I'm not trying to be wise here, just an honest question.

Good point :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by phinphan

I see what you mean, but having solid receiving options is not the same as having three legitimate WRs. While I think that Travis or Charlie Rodgers could step in if necessary, I don't think that any of our TEs are capable of playing WR at this point. Take away legitimate WR threats, and then see how those other receivers fare......my guess would be not too well.

But take a look at the options we've got. Chambers and McKnight are the only burners we've got on the team anyway, and you know they'll both make the roster. After that, you've got 4-5 O Gadsden clones. Big possession recievers who have good hands and everything from "slow to no" speed. I honestly don't see us cutting Thompson and Tolver, so if Gadsden plays well enough to keep a roster spot, I really think they'll keep 5 recievers not counting Rogers. The only way I see us only keeping 4 is if Gadsden doesn't keep his spot. Either way, beyond those 4 or 5 Recievers, is there anyone that would make any impact beyond pure depth? Take the 2-3 others that are close, and I'm sure that at least 1-2 of them will be kept on the practice squad.

Back
Top Bottom