Miami trade offers: Whoaa!!! This is not good... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami trade offers: Whoaa!!! This is not good...

We may be dealing with a team that hadn't seen the writing on the wall until they took another loss this past week. Or we may be dealing with a team that is on the edge of nowhere that will make the trade if they lose another game this week.

Lot's of variables. But I think Ireland is actively trying to save our season.

Why didn't Ireland try to save our season back before it started and fixing the O-line wouldn't have cost us an arm and a leg? He knew these guys couldn't play. That's why Jerry, Cogs and Clabo all have contracts that expire next season. Just another example of Ireland destructiveness/mediocrity at its best.

This post will undoubtedly get some thumbs down from the Ireland fanboys. I don't care anymore. A thumbs down from an Ireland fanboy is a badge of honor for those of us who love the Dolphins and want to see them restored to their days of glory.

I'm not an Ireland fanboy or one you consider "us". I do want the Dolphins restored to their days of glory, let's hope for the best.

Why didn't Ireland try to save our season back before it started and fixing the O-line wouldn't have cost us an arm and a leg? He knew these guys couldn't play. That's why Jerry, Cogs and Clabo all have contracts that expire next season. Just another example of Ireland destructiveness/mediocrity at its best.

This post will undoubtedly get some thumbs down from the Ireland fanboys. I don't care anymore. A thumbs down from an Ireland fanboy is a badge of honor for those of us who love the Dolphins and want to see them restored to their days of glory.

Who would you have signed that wouldn't have cost an arm and a leg?

I assume by your post that you know something the rest of us don't. Here's what we do know. Jerry prior to his injury was thought to be at least adequate, Cogs was at least average, and Clabo was a new addition thought to be at least a decent short term plug. And of course there was the flirtation with Albert and Winston, so I believe it a bit disingenuous to say he didn't try.

Now lets be clear, I have been an Ireland basher off and on, but as you recall, we did play pretty hard in the FA market and evidently the team consensus, as evidenced by the contract terms you speak of, was to go with what they thought was an adequate or average o-line this year and then upgrade that talent, if needed, next year.

I believe this to be a team decision rather than resting solely on the shoulders of Ireland. It's seems pretty clear to me, based on the preferences in personnel by this coaching staff, that Philbin and company writes the grocery list and Ireland goes shopping. Ireland doesn't seem to be forcing unwanted players on an impotent staff.

So really your post is a bit inaccurate, and honestly, faulting someone for realizing things aren't working out as planned and exploring solutions is illogical.

I would say, he is doing exactly what he should be doing. Recognizing the problem, then trying to fix it. And frankly, for all we know, he may be trying to fix something HE wanted fixing prior to the start on the season, but was convinced otherwise.

A bad foot MJD is better than any rb on our roster.

Behind our crappy line Lamar Miller is averaging 1.2 more yards per carry than MJD is so I don't think I'd go that far. MJD is nowhere near the player that he used to be, although I'd take him over anyone we have if we're talking about picking up a yard.

The entire reason to get a RB is to get one that can catch a ball out of the backfield and not whiff on blocks

Just a tidbit here: mjd missed practice today and it was a non injury excused practice. Maybe a physical in Miami?

Um.... who the hell is the source?

This all smells fishy to me. Some college kid has a inside scoop no other top beat writers or sports talking heads do?

LOL, I can't believe it got this far. Here's his bio and the link:

http://www.footballnation.com/author/nick-barlotta/

Hey guys, I will be writing about New York Jets Football and working on this years NFL Draft. I am a college sophomore at Bergen Community College in New Jersey studying sports broadcasting. Jets, Mets, Nets, Devils, and Oregon Ducks are my teams.

NOT what I would call a reputable source!

OMG, nearly 4,000 views and counting. This smacks of desperation
:bobdole:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who don't think MJD wouldn't help I say your wrong. Sure hes older and no longer has 4.3 speed, but at least he can pass protect, pass catch and is able to break tackles better than any
RB on our roster. I really think with him in the backfield instead of Miller or Thomas would help us tremendously. Sure our O-line sucks right now but at least you'd have a guy back there that's able to
break a tackle or make a guy miss. Something our RB's can't do. Not to mention how much it could help the PA plass. Plus with MJD being 5'7" he brings that low center of gravity which makes him harder to bring down. I say lets rent him for the rest of the yr. It WOULD be a upgrade.

For those who don't think MJD wouldn't help I say your wrong. Sure hes older and no longer has 4.3 speed, but at least he can pass protect, pass catch and is able to break tackles better than any
RB on our roster. I really think with him in the backfield instead of Miller or Thomas would help us tremendously. Sure our O-line sucks right now but at least you'd have a guy back there that's able to
break a tackle or make a guy miss. Something our RB's can't do. Not to mention how much it could help the PA plass. Plus with MJD being 5'7" he brings that low center of gravity which makes him harder to bring down. I say lets rent him for the rest of the yr. It WOULD be a upgrade.

He's not breaking to many tackles this season with a 3 yard per carry average, on pace for the worst of his Nfl career.

His average of 5.5 yards per pass completion is also on pace to be the worst of his NFL career

almost 1000 rushes in a 3 year period has sucked the life out of his legs

He's done stick a fork in him

Back
Top Bottom