Miami Udfa Signed Thread | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Udfa Signed Thread

I think you forgot O'Leary?
No brother. He may have been productive, but he doesn't have a spot on the roster IMHO. He's not a top inline TE and he's not a top move TE. Wolford took his spot, is bigger, faster, and a better inline blocker, so I don't see room for both Wolford and O'Leary at move TE.

No brother. He may have been productive, but he doesn't have a spot on the roster IMHO. He's not a top inline TE and he's not a top move TE. Wolford took his spot, is bigger, faster, and a better inline blocker, so I don't see room for both Wolford and O'Leary at move TE.

I'm rooting for Clive Walford but many people I respect tell me he's finished. I wouldn't be surprised. That position is so demanding and careers can end early with rapid decline, as we've seen with Thomas and New England with Gronkowski.

Walford had that ATV accident a few years ago and then multiple football related injuries. Once you've been released by your original team and then signed and released by multiple additional teams, the indications are already out there.

I would expect a healthy nimble O'Leary to beat out a shell-of-himself Clive Walford.

I'm rooting for Clive Walford but many people I respect tell me he's finished. I wouldn't be surprised. That position is so demanding and careers can end early with rapid decline, as we've seen with Thomas and New England with Gronkowski.

Walford had that ATV accident a few years ago and then multiple football related injuries. Once you've been released by your original team and then signed and released by multiple additional teams, the indications are already out there.

I would expect a healthy nimble O'Leary to beat out a shell-of-himself Clive Walford.
Thanks Awsi, I didn't know that about Walford. Disappointing to hear though. Let's hope he can make a full recovery.

As far as I can determine here's what we got

Terrill Hanks OLB New Mexico State

Tre Watson LB Maryland

Montre Hartage CB Northwestern
Nik Needham CB UTEP
Rob Rolle CB Villanova
Tyler Horton CB Boise State
Kyron Brown CB Akron

Jonathan Ledbetter DE 3-4DE, Georgia
Dewayne Hendrix DE Pitt

Deion Calhoun, OL, Mississippi State
Aaron Monteiro OT Boston College
Ryan Anderson OG Wake Forest
Wes Farnsworth LS Nevada
Kirk Barron C Purdue

Preston Williams WR Colorado State
Trenton Irwin WR Stanford

Patrick Laird RB Cal

Last edited:
Waiting for the team to make an official announcement on who was signed. Normally doesn't take this long

So far, from articles I have seen, top UDFAs to at least make the practice squad if not the roster are Watson (LB Maryland), Ledbetter (DE Georgia), Calhoun (OL Miss State), and Williams (WR Colorado State).

Tre Watson LB Maryland

Nik Needham CB UTEP
Rob Rolle CB Villanova
Kyron Brown CB Akron

Dewayne Hendrix DE Pitt

Wes Farnsworth LS Nevada
Kirk Barron C Purdue

Patrick Laird RB Cal
I'm glad you grouped them like this.

Tre Watson LB Maryland

Nik Needham CB UTEP
Rob Rolle CB Villanova
Kyron Brown CB Akron

Dewayne Hendrix DE Pitt

Wes Farnsworth LS Nevada
Kirk Barron C Purdue

Patrick Laird RB Cal
Yeah, that seems to be the same list NFL.com has had for us for the past couple of days, so it's probably correct.

Back
Top Bottom