Miami Udfa Signed Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Udfa Signed Thread

this is why he went undrafted

Preston Williams WR, Miami Dolphins
Dolphins signed Colorado State WR Preston Williams.
Williams (6’4/211) went to Tennessee as a five-star recruit only to last two seasons for failed drug tests, transfer, fail more drug tests at CSU, and get disinvited from the Combine for a 2017 domestic violence arrest. Williams dominated in 2018 – his lone full college season – for a 96/1,345/14 (14.0 YPR) receiving line, finishing No. 5 in the nation in yards gained on throws traveling 20-plus yards downfield (605). Williams’ work ethic came into question when he bombed his Pro Day with a 4.60 forty, 9-foot-8 broad jump, and 31 ½-inch vertical. Ultimately, Williams is a boom-bust prospect likelier to bottom out than boom based on his turbulent track record.

this is why he went undrafted

Preston Williams WR, Miami Dolphins
Dolphins signed Colorado State WR Preston Williams.
Williams (6’4/211) went to Tennessee as a five-star recruit only to last two seasons for failed drug tests, transfer, fail more drug tests at CSU, and get disinvited from the Combine for a 2017 domestic violence arrest. Williams dominated in 2018 – his lone full college season – for a 96/1,345/14 (14.0 YPR) receiving line, finishing No. 5 in the nation in yards gained on throws traveling 20-plus yards downfield (605). Williams’ work ethic came into question when he bombed his Pro Day with a 4.60 forty, 9-foot-8 broad jump, and 31 ½-inch vertical. Ultimately, Williams is a boom-bust prospect likelier to bottom out than boom based on his turbulent track record.

Maybe he sees the light and figures if I play well for 10 years and stay clean I can get enough money to buy an entire country full of drugs. Either that or he continues to mess up, we have nothing to lose though.

Anyone know who signed any of these guys?

Mitch Hyatt OT Clemson
Beau Benzschawel OG Wisconsin
Olamide Zaccheaus WR Virginia
Derrick Baity CB Kentucky
Chris Westry CB Kentucky
Clifton Duck CB Appalachain State

Another knock on William's is that he tends to body catch. Never a good thing in a receiver, especially a tall one who should be fighting for contested balls with his HANDS.

I'm seeing 4.59. Not down on picking him up as an UDFA, but he didn't test well.

Denver Post reported his unofficial Pro Day time as: 4.53

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/03/06/preston-williams-pro-day-csu-nfl-draft/

However, the NFL pulled Williams’ combine invitation due to 2017 misdemeanor charges of tampering and harassment for allegedly shoving and restraining a woman in a domestic dispute. “I’m not that type of person,” Williams said. “Everything is in the past that happened. It won’t happen again.” So all 32 NFL teams were in attendance Wednesday at CSU Pro Day for a first-hand look at the 6-foot-4, 211-pound wide receiver known for acrobatic catches and blazing speed. But Williams’ notable numbers, and where they would have ranked among combine participant receivers, lacked star power.

• 40-yard dash (unofficial): 4.53 seconds — T-No. 19th
  • Vertical jump: 31.5 inches — T-No. 40th
  • Broad jump: 116 inches — T-No. 41st
  • Bench press: DNP

Another knock on William's is that he tends to body catch. Never a good thing in a receiver, especially a tall one who should be fighting for contested balls with his HANDS.
in those highlights I posted he's using his hands

I like Irwin and Williams signings, but don't forget they're competing with Parker, Stills, Wilson, Grant, Brice Butler, Ricardo Louis and Isiah Ford. Up hill battle plus Miami will have the ability to raid any team's practice squad this year with a lot of cap space and the intent to use the 16 game regular season to focus on evaluating talent.

Dolphins are signing a long snapper, Wes Farnsworth of Nevada

I like Irwin and Williams signings, but don't forget they're competing with Parker, Stills, Wilson, Grant, Brice Butler, Ricardo Louis and Isiah Ford. Up hill battle plus Miami will have the ability to raid any team's practice squad this year with a lot of cap space and the intent to use the 16 game regular season to focus on evaluating talent.
Well, you can't really count on Parker and Grant and Wilson are both small and coming back from surgery. Williams is a beast if they can keep his off the field stuff in check

Back
Top Bottom