Miami Up To 19 Interceptions On Season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Up To 19 Interceptions On Season

Neither one of them so far has put up the numbers they did in Miami to warrant the contracts they got...Landry only has 2 TDs this year and Vernon since leaving Miami has 19 sacks...

Yes we know, I was just refuting the argument of them being mediocre, I have no problem with the not being worth their contract argument.

Yeah they are. Has Landry turned into the number one at Cleveland that he wanted to be?
Has Vernon been dominant since he left Miami?

They are both average.
Since you consider both of them average, I'm just curious where you fall on the Tannehill argument? Where do you rank him?

There's a big gap between a number 1 and a mediocre player, U claimed he was mediocre which is false, don't try to change it into a number 1 wr argument because u realize u messed up. Mediocre players don't produce those type of numbers.

I didn't mess up my friend. Landry Made it well known he wanted to be a number 1, and be paid accordingly. He is a slot WR, a good slot WR, but that's it. Miami knew what he was worth, and he wasn't worth the money he wanted, nor would he ever be a No 1 receiver.

Tannehill is average too. Middle of the road QB. Could be better, but play calling and the Oline, plus injuries have limited his output.

I believe he has the tools to be a top 10 qb. But that won't happen here.

He won't be a top 10 QB anywhere else either.

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Luck
Mahomes
Goff
Ryan
Stafford

10 off the top of my head that Tannehill isn't/won't be better than. I'm sure there's more.

He won't be a top 10 QB anywhere else either.

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Luck
Mahomes
Goff
Ryan
Stafford

10 off the top of my head that Tannehill isn't/won't be better than. I'm sure there's more.

He has the tools to be top 10, but as I said, he is being limited by numerous things. He won't be a top 10 if he stays in Miami.

I see your point, and agree there are some dynamic young QBs playing ATM, but give him what most of these above have, RT would be there.

Tannehill is average too. Middle of the road QB. Could be better, but play calling and the Oline, plus injuries have limited his output.

What does he need? He's been through 4 or 5 OCs, two head coaches, numerous resources getting him weapons, plus a ton of money spent on the o-line. I mean, at some point, we have to look at the common factor in all those groups struggling. I like Ryan, but while he has the physical tools to be a very good QB, he lacks a general feel for the game that you see most of your better QBs have.

Good for 2nd most in the league behind only Chicago who has 21 interceptions. In contrast, the 49ers only have 2.

Howard now leads the league with 7 interceptions. I think he has a legit shot to get 10+ before season’s end. What a stud.

Think what that number would be with a decent pass rush

Wish we could have scored more points off of these turnovers.

Typically we do not score at all, or we get 3 points.

We didn't F up with Landry and Vernon they were both mediocre players that got way over paid.

Gonna spend the money regardless, spend it on
Since you consider both of them average, I'm just curious where you fall on the Tannehill argument? Where do you rank him?

Lol, love how Landry continues to be a point of contention. And it wasn’t even started by me...

Also, can’t stand the argument that a player’s production on a different team, in a different system, and different circumstances isn’t worth what Miami would have had to pay to keep him in their organization. All things being equal, I’d agree that his production doesn’t make him worth 15 mil, but the logic is flawed. Then to say he’s mediocre is just dumb. Terrible argument.

What does he need? He's been through 4 or 5 OCs, two head coaches, numerous resources getting him weapons, plus a ton of money spent on the o-line. I mean, at some point, we have to look at the common factor in all those groups struggling. I like Ryan, but while he has the physical tools to be a very good QB, he lacks a general feel for the game that you see most of your better QBs have.

Ryan Tannehill needs more flawed thinking. He has always benefitted from flawed thinking and done just enough to allow it to persist.

I don't think we've seen the end of it. A big game and victory against the Patriots and/or Vikings would be typical of this fiddle in the middle ongoing snore, enabling flawed thinking to continue.

He has the tools to be top 10, but as I said, he is being limited by numerous things. He won't be a top 10 if he stays in Miami.

I see your point, and agree there are some dynamic young QBs playing ATM, but give him what most of these above have, RT would be there.
He is mostly limited by himself. If its not in the manual, it doesnt happen. All scripted. He can't improvise and lacks situational awareness.

Back
Top Bottom