Miami Up To 19 Interceptions On Season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolph N.Fan, Dec 2, 2018.

1. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

This is the most important post about Tannehill in the past 4 months.

Tannehill has to start having more flawed thinking. He needs to keep doing what he did in the Bills game with Stills. Throw the contested balls and throw them deep. He's taking more shots the past 2 games than he has in a while. Before he would settle for the check down if the deep route wasn't perfectly open. He finally started trying to impose himself recently with downfield throws even if they aren't perfectly ideal or open. It benefits QBs like Brady, Rodgers, Ben, etc. Once he starts doing that, I think he will be on a much better path.

2. goldfin17

goldfin17 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Not only will that open up everything else, lead to more big plays (points) we will start to get the PI calls we see called on the Fins so often.

3. Aqua ‘N Orange

Aqua ‘N Orange A True Fan

He bypassed the primary rub route to ford for that stills td. Thing about it is that play takes a long time to develop so had we had immediate pressure he’d have been in trouble. Pretty sure it was 3rd progression timing wise. Looks to me like watching tanny the only wr he has faith in is stills.

4. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

While I agree with the situational awareness he makes it up some by taking hits as plays develop. He has done better than I anticipated. Still the entire picture must be looked at when evaluating such as every reciever on the roster is injury prone this year as I predicted, we have a entire draft class that was a bust in Harris, McMillian and Tank and Assatti. The 2 DTs are the only guys worth memtioning and one is on IR. Undiciplined team penalties abound. We have huge investments at defensive ends and no real sacks outside of the aging Wake.
    Gore, Wake, Howard, Tunsil, Baker, Jones, Alonzo, Fitz are your better healthy players plus maybe a couple of others. Thats pretty much this years rookies and aging Vets. Hum and we are capped out too so that tells ya something.
    Interesting Rizi churns the special team roster every year and still gets it done. Why can't the rest of the staff?

5. goldfin17

They asked him about the play in the post game presser. he said they had practiced it a lot, and it took Kenny a while to clear. Sounded like that was the primary the way he answered the question.

6. Aqua ‘N Orange

Then there shouldn’t be a rub route concept that gets the rub prior to the clearance of the safety. I think it may have been only a 2 true primary progression play but that rub comes first timing wise. Otherwise the rubs off the table by the time he comes back to it in that short a field.

7. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

Howard has shown enough ball skills and the knack for making interceptions that should get him voted into his 1st pro bowl. But Howard has also shown to be inconsistent, at times, in coverage, because gets beat on occasions, when he shouldn't. He almost got beat this past weekend against Buffalo. He also at times seems confused at the play call. But overall, Xavian Howard has developed into a true pro bowl caliber player, a player who should be paid like one. He's exceeding his college play and NFL draft status. He deserves a long term contract with Miami.

8. goldfin17

I'm just telling you what he said about it post game...I only saw the play once. I think it was in his main presser after game, I saw it on Facebook Dolphins site.

9. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin There's one, set for stun Moderator Finheaven VIP

I don't know about that. His passing charts show he is throwing roughly the same amount of deep shots pre and post injury, though only 2 vs. Colts. For whatever reason, he has been terrible throwing to the right side of field.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/ryan-tannehill/TAN298716/season

They omitted the game vs. Indy, here it is.

[​IMG]

10. Aqua ‘N Orange

I think what he meant by that was he saw that safety flat and inside pre to post snap so he stuck with it. So a pre snap read with post snap follow up of the safety position dictating his decision.

Trusting stills to clear that safety. Not to mention it’s hard to trust ford to not get rerouted nor has he had many reps im sure with him to develop chemistry.

11. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

Thats exactly what happened. Ford killed his DB on the wheel. Not sure why he didn't go there, but it seems like Tanny only has faith in Stills.

12. Aqua ‘N Orange

Yeah one of those if it’s picked gase kills you on the sideline for bypassing the primary rub if it’s incomplete gase and your position coach kill you in film study on Monday kinda things.

He must have not been staring that down in his drop holding that safety to not have the safety just run right under his eyes and the ball.

Ford got rerouted coming out of the cut on like the 3rd play of the game and I was like better be careful going there with how much he gets rerouted.

13. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

They absolutely are mediocre players! Landry is a FA bust this year and Vernon has one foot out the door in NY

Buff and *Demi*God* like this.
  14. JahnDho

JahnDho Well-Known Member Donator

Landry is on pace for 88 catches for over 900 yards. Not worth 15 mil in Cleveland, but who knows what he’d be doing in Miami.

100 plus catches, 1,000 plus yards and 8 plus TDs while also being healthy all the time WITH the 13 mil cap space they sat on all year, would be worth 15 mil.

If Miami brass continues with similar decision making you all can expect Howard to walk for more money too. He’s gonna cost 13Mil or more.

15. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Curious, now extrapolate what Albert Wilson was on pace for at a fraction of the cost and come back to us.

Buff and dolpns13 like this.