Miami Up To 19 Interceptions On Season | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Up To 19 Interceptions On Season

Landry is on pace for 88 catches for over 900 yards. Not worth 15 mil in Cleveland, but who knows what he’d be doing in Miami.

100 plus catches, 1,000 plus yards and 8 plus TDs while also being healthy all the time WITH the 13 mil cap space they sat on all year, would be worth 15 mil.

If Miami brass continues with similar decision making you all can expect Howard to walk for more money too. He’s gonna cost 13Mil or more.
Really dude?!?! 88 catches 900 yards and 1-2 TDs is worth maybe half or a bit more than what he gets now, DEFINITELY not 10m a year. It’s really very funny, Landry is a better version of Hartline. Great hands, great routes, lots of yards (not average), NO TDs.

There's a big gap between a number 1 and a mediocre player, U claimed he was mediocre which is false, don't try to change it into a number 1 wr argument because u realize u messed up. Mediocre players don't produce those type of numbers.

He’s still over paid and we already paid Stills, who was over paid too. In hindsight I’d rather have Landry at a couple million more than stills got.

I'm surprised teams even try to throw at Howard anymore.

Maybe because everyone here is over rating him because opposing qbs have thrown him gimme picks? I think he’s a solid player but you’re out of your mind if you think he deserves top 5 money at his position.

Curious, now extrapolate what Albert Wilson was on pace for at a fraction of the cost and come back to us.

Wilson is a fringe/gadget player. Nice player to have as a WR 3/4. Happy to have him, but now he’s on the shelf. Can’t predict injuries, but I can say that Landry is as reliable as they come. That’s worth a lot IMO. Especially when you need someone to move the chains. Wilson made big exciting plays and they need that too. But the offense didn’t move otherwise. Can you imagine a team with both? A team that has big play potential as much as a team that can grind it out. It opens holes. It brings balance. It helps the run game. Takes pressure off RT and the crappy o-line. I assume you all get this. I just think you’re blinded by the misconception that they had enough talent before injuries mounted up. They barely won those 1st 3 games. They relied on big plays. They don’t always come and other teams figure out how to defend one dimensional teams.

Maybe because everyone here is over rating him because opposing qbs have thrown him gimme picks? I think he’s a solid player but you’re out of your mind if you think he deserves top 5 money at his position.

Here we go...you know he’s going to expect top 5 money. Miami will look at it the same way you just did. Top CBs get paid in the 13-15 + range and Miami won’t pay it. Gonna lose another young, reliable core player.

X is a monster.

This offseason whatever money we can purge needs to be put into long term deals for him and Tunsil
I agree with you whole heartedly, lock up this young player for the foreseeable future.

Really dude?!?! 88 catches 900 yards and 1-2 TDs is worth maybe half or a bit more than what he gets now, DEFINITELY not 10m a year. It’s really very funny, Landry is a better version of Hartline. Great hands, great routes, lots of yards (not average), NO TDs.

The point is you resign players you draft who are reliable (staying on the field all the time is big IMO), on their 2nd contract, just made the pro bowl (albeit as an alternate), and has been productive. I don’t care if he got paid like a true #1 WR. People forget he was much more underpaid for 4 years than he would have been overpaid for the next 4. Howard is going to get overpaid. Stills was overpaid, McCain was overpaid, lots of guys were brought in on bad contracts or with injury histories who, big surprise, are on IR. So yes, Landry is overpaid. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t help teams win games. Just had another 100 yard game off 6 catches. I’d like to see more TDs too, but I’d also like to see Miami getting more 1st downs, passing yards and red zone opportunities. Add in fast big play threats (like Wilson) and they have an explosive offense who also scores points and sustains long drives when the big plays aren’t there.

Last edited:
Wilson is a fringe/gadget player. Nice player to have as a WR 3/4. Happy to have him, but now he’s on the shelf. Can’t predict injuries, but I can say that Landry is as reliable as they come. That’s worth a lot IMO. Especially when you need someone to move the chains. Wilson made big exciting plays and they need that too. But the offense didn’t move otherwise. Can you imagine a team with both? A team that has big play potential as much as a team that can grind it out. It opens holes. It brings balance. It helps the run game. Takes pressure off RT and the crappy o-line. I assume you all get this. I just think you’re blinded by the misconception that they had enough talent before injuries mounted up. They barely won those 1st 3 games. They relied on big plays. They don’t always come and other teams figure out how to defend one dimensional teams.

So instead of extrapolating the numbers you just continued your lovefest for a player no longer on our roster?
You know I'm sure they have a Browns Forum out there where you can continue your Landry-romance.

I for one I'm thrilled he's no longer on the team.

He’s still over paid and we already paid Stills, who was over paid too. In hindsight I’d rather have Landry at a couple million more than stills got.

People forget he was far more underpaid for 4 years than he would have been overpaid for the next 4. What kind of culture does that breed? I think it sends the wrong message. Maybe if players knew that Miami wouldn’t dicker over an extra 1-2 mil they’d shut up and play for their next DOLPHINS’ contract.

Last edited:
So instead of extrapolating the numbers you just continued your lovefest for a player no longer on our roster?
You know I'm sure they have a Browns Forum out there where you can continue your Landry-romance.

I for one I'm thrilled he's no longer on the team.

Why should I “extrapolate” the numbers? You already know the answer. It’s less than Landry. And I’d still make the same argument. And you’d say the difference isn’t worth the money. But I stand by my point. Need top talent to compete against and be a top playoff team. Wilson isn’t Brown or Juju. He’s not Hill or Hopkins. Not Thielen, Cooper, not even Cooks. Landry was at least close. I don’t love the guy, I hate the principle of the matter. That Miami makes dumb FA signings and builds a mediocre roster because of it.

Back
Top Bottom