Miami will not take a first day(or 3rd round) QB. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami will not take a first day(or 3rd round) QB.

i got da juice

Starter
Reaction score
possible first round qbs

Matt Ryan (will be gone by pick 8)
Brian Brohm
308 473 4024 65.1 8.51 81 30 12 24 152.43
Joe Flacco
(DII)331 521 4263 63.5 8.18 84 23 5 25 144.91
Chad Henne
62 278 1938 58.3 6.97 65 17 9 16 130.54

QB's on our roster

John Beck
(BYU)289 417 69.3 3885 9.3 32 71 8 169.1
Josh McCown
2007 111 190 1151 58.4 6.06 46 10 11 14 69.4

Case against Brohm
after a terrible 2007 he lost all credit of his 2006 campane, showing it was a fluke. he threw a lot of picks and didnt show good reading of defences or field awareness, something that should have increased regardless of the strength of his own team.

Case against Flacco
he had a great season but was subject to little tough games or competion. D1 is a lot faster than the D2 game and flacco is jumping that "step" he is a great project qb for a team with that can take a chance on the pick, but cant be called on to preform in the near future, even more than other rookie qbs.

Case against Henne
it is beyond me why people would want henne on a ball club. he is a bad QB. he brought his team down on more ocasions than leading them. he was "blessed" with a great team, great oline, great RB, Mike Hart, and 2 great Recievers manningham and Arington and had little success. he threw a lot of INTs, something that is innecusable given his amount of time and his great recievers, and vast amounts of time.

Take it as you may but beck is working and he is doing everything that the new regime wants him to. he is getting bigger, one of the major knocks on him and i feel if they realy didnt like him they would have taken a QB with one overal, which we all know they didnt.

Mccown is a decent QB and a very solid backup, i mean look what he did for the raiders.

at the end of the day (hopefully a day where we didnt take a qb) the biggest reason is that we are a 1-15 team. we have needs up the wazoo. ailing needs that if adressed can start to fix those needs right away. ILB, OG, TE, DE/OLB, WR??? just to name a few that are more desperate that QB. we have 4 picks in the top 3 rounds and more needs than picks i just cant see us wasting, which is xactly what it would be, a pick on a 3b with any of those picks.

Case against Brohm
after a terrible 2007 he lost all credit of his 2006 campane, showing it was a fluke.

That's stretching it, did you even see Brohm play?

Brohm's "terrible" '07 season was still better than all but 1 of Beck's seasons, if you're going by QB rating.

he threw a lot of picks

Really? Brohm had 1,185 career passing attempts, and he threw 24 interceptions. That comes out to 1 interceptions once every 49.39 passing attempts. Beck, who also had a great collegiate career threw 29 interceptions in 1,273 passing attempts, or an interception once every 43.9 passing attempts.

Maybe you're talking about Brohms senior season. Brohm threw 12 interceptions in 473 passing attempts. I'm sorry, but 1 INT for every 39.42 passing attempts is still really good.

and didnt show good reading of defences or field awareness, something that should have increased regardless of the strength of his own team.

I'm sorry, but all your knocks on Brohm are bogus.

I'm not going to debate stats or who deserves it or not. It's just this simple, we probably will either take one in the second round or nobody at all in the draft. They either are sold on Beck and don't plan on getting anyone else (other than maybe a vet as a backup/competition for backup after cuts). Or they are not set on Beck and draft a QB somewhere in the 2nd. We shall see what the FO says/does, as they are the only one's who get the final say.

Mccown is a decent QB and a very solid backup, i mean look what he did for the raiders.

I'm sorry friend, but I hope you were being sarcastic with this point.

If not, you lose all credibility with this point and the point about Brohm.

If Beck is going to be so great, and you all know it, can you also tell me next week's lottery numbers?

Thanks.
-TF

Back
Top Bottom